Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifth official ? 12:42 - Jun 30 with 1063 viewsketteringrs

As far as I can make out, he stands on the left side of the keeper behind the goal line at both ends, whilst the linesman covers the left back side of the pitch.
Mean while the whole of the right side area has no official monitoring play bar the Ref.
There is probably an amazing thought provoking rationale why they have such a uneven balance of officiating.
Wonder if any of you smart chaps can enlighten me.
Fifth official ? on 13:30 - Jun 30 with 1027 viewsGloryHunter

I didn't think of that, but you're right - all he does is obstruct the lino's view. What I have noticed, though, is that during a goal attempt he stands with feet astride the goal line - ie one foot on the field of play. Surely this goes against all protocol - even the linesmen are not supposed to step onto the pitch while the ball is live. Supposing the ball hit a 5th official's pitch-side leg and stayed in play, thus preventing a corner or goal kick?
Fifth official ? on 13:44 - Jun 30 with 1013 viewsstowmarketrange

I mentioned this after the Clint Hill "goal".What is the point of having them on the same side of the pitch as the lino?If he was the other side of the goal,then there should be a complete picture of the goalline and incidents occuring inside the box.

Nothing suprises me with the decisions made by FIFA and UEFA though so I'm amazed that they haven't put them on 6ft high like tennis.That might be next years idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024