Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
35k with roof 08:16 - Jul 7 with 4516 viewsGloucs_R

Can anyone copy and paste the article in the times?

Poll: Are we staying up?

35k with roof on 11:26 - Jul 7 with 1547 viewsMedwayR

35k with roof on 10:56 - Jul 7 by ted_hendrix

I'm not surprised, If anyone wants to know where our new ground is going to be built or if anyone wants to know anything about the development of LR then you have to trawl the council websites in various boroughs of London.

I'm not being condescending or anything but It's really that simple, in anycase anything this big is news and will hit the internet straight away once the plans have been lodged.

I'd say six construction companies would be invited to design & build the stadium, I'm kind of hoping the company I work for is one of them, I'd make double certain that my seat has plenty of leg room if nothing else.

Personally I'd be a bit wary of D&B as I'd want more design input than usually happens with D&B, the contractors aren't going to care about atmosphere, proximity to pitch etc

Poll: Who’s better?

35k with roof on 11:50 - Jul 7 with 1475 viewsloftboy

35k with roof on 11:26 - Jul 7 by MedwayR

Personally I'd be a bit wary of D&B as I'd want more design input than usually happens with D&B, the contractors aren't going to care about atmosphere, proximity to pitch etc

The designers would of been given a remit surely, TF quoted yesterday that the new ground will retain the atmosphere.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

35k with roof on 11:51 - Jul 7 with 1475 viewsNov77

McIntyre reckons no announcement on Monday:

QPR are expected to reveal plans for a new stadium in the coming weeks.

The club have been looking at a number of possible sites to move to and believe they are close to a breakthrough.

An announcement could be made before the start of the new season, confirming that Rangers are to leave Loftus Road, which has been their home for the best part of 95 years.

Relocation is key to the ambitious long-term plans of the Tony Fernandes-led regime — as is the imminent signing of Korean star Park Ji-sung from Manchester United.

Rangers have scheduled a press conference for Monday to unveil Park and not, as has been widely suggested, to discuss their stadium plans.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

35k with roof on 11:51 - Jul 7 with 1474 viewsTacticalR

"Looks great. Going to make big announcement. Hopefully see Amit [Bhatia, vice-chairman] in a few hours to brief him. Stadium will be in West London."

Shouldn't Bhatia have been at the meeting in the first place? After all, he's the one who said the board had learnt from previous mistakes in trying to change the club (so in theory would know what is sensible).

Air hostess clique

35k with roof on 12:08 - Jul 7 with 1437 viewsGloucs_R

35k with roof on 10:25 - Jul 7 by SpiritofGregory

This is a dream come true, I'm so excited!!!

I was worried that we'd end up on the outskirts of West London, used to cringe everytime Wright and his puppets talked about us moving out of the area. So happy that we will remain in Shepherds Bush and will cement our status as the only team with a West London postcode. Funny how the Scum and Fools have looked down on us about their locations compared to ours. The Scum are off the Kings Rd, and the Fools have their cottage in yuppy land whilst we were opposite a council estate, near breakers yards and travellers sites. The ironic thing is that because their areas are more upmarket, all the surrounding land has been swallowed up and there are no other options in their area to build a stadium with the capacity and facilities they want - never mind the opposition to planning applications. I personally think that the Battersea site looks great but brains were never the strong point of the average Chelsea fan. Our area on the other hand has only in the last 5 - 10 years started to realise its potential therefore we have more pockets of land available in close proximity.

This is what we have been waiting for, all those times of worry - money in buckets, relegations, meetings at Hammersmith Town Hall to stop Chris Wright's plans to sell Loftus Rd, paying for players, administration, sponsored walks, being annoyed at seeing Chelsea go from strength to strength/Fulham promotions to the premier league.... Always used to wonder when we were going to get wealthy ambitious owners, it seemed that everyone else was getting theres whilst we were sinking deeper and deeper, the annoyance was fuelled by the fact that we all knew the potential of our great club, it's location, loyal fan base, great kit and name - a global marketing dream.

Had a conversation with someone at work yesterday about our bright future, you know the type who still see us as that ramshackle club and refuse to accept that we are on the up even though it's obvious when you learn who our owners are - sheer jealousy. I will take great pleasure in showing him our exciting news.

We were truely blessed when the Fernandes consortium and the Mittal family bought shares in our club. We are living the dream and realising the potential that we all knew was there.

Good things come to those who wait.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It may not be in the Bush. Possibly within a couple of miles radius.

35k with roof on 12:42 - Jul 7 with 1389 viewsN12Hoop

35k with roof on 09:32 - Jul 7 by barbicanranger

I know what you mean, someone post an article yesterday with plans for residential development on that site, but I guess the building trade is a little rocky at the moment and maybe the offer from Qpr for the site made sense...with Westfield there I am sure they would be in support of have a multi-purpose venue down the road - brings in extra revenues for concerts etc.

Agree with this post. Originally I thought that westfield has led to an increase in the profile and value of the Bush and a football ground would not be welcome. But now I'm thinking its one part of a wider redevlopment. Both Westfield and the council should be thinking that an all purpose all weather covered stadiummusic venuewould be a great addition to west london and provide needed competition to the excel arena whoch for many people is the wrong side of london. W12 is zone 2, has fantastic overground and undeground links and ticks every box. Side by side with Westfield it would make the area very desirable for investors etc. Also, with the dairy site and the bbc site both vacant there is a risk that all they end up with is a bunch of housing because no retail trade is going to set up in competition and what would be the attraction of a big hotel. Turning 1 of these sites into a stadium would be the right thing for the area long term. And for us being there would be of huge benefit to us.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

35k with roof on 12:51 - Jul 7 with 1371 viewsTheBlob

Well if we can generate an atmos like that with 18k,imagine what 20,000+ under a closed roof will sound like.It's going to register on the Richter Scale and whatever the measurement is for Diarrhoea.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

35k with roof on 13:05 - Jul 7 with 1347 viewsNov77

Simon peach also claiming announcement is only about Park:

#QPR's major announcement on Monday will be the unveiling of #MUFC's Park Ji-sung & not about a new stadium. That will come after Asian tour

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

35k with roof on 13:07 - Jul 7 with 1339 viewsted_hendrix

35k with roof on 11:26 - Jul 7 by MedwayR

Medway,

If It's not built under a design and build contract I'd be bloody surprised, the client (QPR) will definately have certain input in the design and the client will finally give the nod to whatever various schemes are put on the table.
Each D&B contract whatever it is has to be designed with the clients written requirements built in.

D&B contracts give the client better safeguards and warranties as I'm assuming you know?

Traditional contracts for this sort of construction are a pain, D&B contracts move swiftly-the contractor sorts the problems out there and then if and when they arise.

The amount of D&B contracts we do are huge, the clients are involved all the way through the contract and are forever changing they're minds and altering things.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

35k with roof on 13:49 - Jul 7 with 1292 viewsNov77

Loftus road worst ground in premiership?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1038745-ranking-the-20-premier-league-stadium

35k with roof on 14:05 - Jul 7 with 1266 viewsGloucs_R

35k with roof on 13:49 - Jul 7 by Nov77

Loftus road worst ground in premiership?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1038745-ranking-the-20-premier-league-stadium

Yes, I think it is in terms of facilities, views and space.

35k with roof on 14:15 - Jul 7 with 1243 viewsMedwayR

35k with roof on 13:07 - Jul 7 by ted_hendrix

Medway,

If It's not built under a design and build contract I'd be bloody surprised, the client (QPR) will definately have certain input in the design and the client will finally give the nod to whatever various schemes are put on the table.
Each D&B contract whatever it is has to be designed with the clients written requirements built in.

D&B contracts give the client better safeguards and warranties as I'm assuming you know?

Traditional contracts for this sort of construction are a pain, D&B contracts move swiftly-the contractor sorts the problems out there and then if and when they arise.

The amount of D&B contracts we do are huge, the clients are involved all the way through the contract and are forever changing they're minds and altering things.

Thats reassuring Ted, most of my experience with D&B is for generic stuff (schools, hotels etc) where there has been very little input from the client so wasn't sure how suitable D&B would be for what is possibly(hopefully) going to be a stadium a little different from most, I know D&B is used for most stadiums which is why they all look similar.

Could the club appoint a design team which could transfer to the contractor when one is appointed? - Having done a bit of research it appears this is what happened with the Emirates which was a well run project...

35k with roof on 14:24 - Jul 7 with 1216 viewsMedwayR

Never mind the stadium, that picture is a bit bigger than we need!!

35k with roof on 15:17 - Jul 7 with 1150 viewsBazWoT

35k with roof on 11:05 - Jul 7 by michael67

TF tweeted it. No specific time though.

He didn't mention it on SSN earlier although did mention the plans for a new stadium. He didn't deny the players mentioned yesterday either.

Does come across as a truly nice bloke though!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

35k with roof on 17:52 - Jul 7 with 1039 viewsessextaxiboy

35k with roof on 10:25 - Jul 7 by SpiritofGregory

This is a dream come true, I'm so excited!!!

I was worried that we'd end up on the outskirts of West London, used to cringe everytime Wright and his puppets talked about us moving out of the area. So happy that we will remain in Shepherds Bush and will cement our status as the only team with a West London postcode. Funny how the Scum and Fools have looked down on us about their locations compared to ours. The Scum are off the Kings Rd, and the Fools have their cottage in yuppy land whilst we were opposite a council estate, near breakers yards and travellers sites. The ironic thing is that because their areas are more upmarket, all the surrounding land has been swallowed up and there are no other options in their area to build a stadium with the capacity and facilities they want - never mind the opposition to planning applications. I personally think that the Battersea site looks great but brains were never the strong point of the average Chelsea fan. Our area on the other hand has only in the last 5 - 10 years started to realise its potential therefore we have more pockets of land available in close proximity.

This is what we have been waiting for, all those times of worry - money in buckets, relegations, meetings at Hammersmith Town Hall to stop Chris Wright's plans to sell Loftus Rd, paying for players, administration, sponsored walks, being annoyed at seeing Chelsea go from strength to strength/Fulham promotions to the premier league.... Always used to wonder when we were going to get wealthy ambitious owners, it seemed that everyone else was getting theres whilst we were sinking deeper and deeper, the annoyance was fuelled by the fact that we all knew the potential of our great club, it's location, loyal fan base, great kit and name - a global marketing dream.

Had a conversation with someone at work yesterday about our bright future, you know the type who still see us as that ramshackle club and refuse to accept that we are on the up even though it's obvious when you learn who our owners are - sheer jealousy. I will take great pleasure in showing him our exciting news.

We were truely blessed when the Fernandes consortium and the Mittal family bought shares in our club. We are living the dream and realising the potential that we all knew was there.

Good things come to those who wait.

When my passengers start telling me we cant compete financially I just tell them to Google one word ....Mittal
35k with roof on 22:33 - Jul 7 with 929 viewsMKQPR

Populous (formerly HOK Sports) are the company rumored to be designing/designed our new stadium.
They are the company who designed:
The Emirates Stadium - Arsenal
Reebok Stadium - Bolton
Wembley Stadium - England
Stadium MK - MK Dons
Soccer City Renovation Design for 2010 South Africa World Cup
The Millennium Stadium - Wales and loads more.
35k with roof on 03:18 - Jul 8 with 830 viewsSonofNorfolt

It's going to be more than 35K.
35k with roof on 04:12 - Jul 8 with 820 viewsHAYESBOY

35k with roof on 03:18 - Jul 8 by SonofNorfolt

It's going to be more than 35K.

By how may?

Smells like a trout farm in here

35k with roof on 07:57 - Jul 8 with 781 viewsCanadaRanger

If TF pulls this off he deserves a knighthood!

Hoping for something stadium-wise that looks like BC Place!
35k with roof on 08:14 - Jul 8 with 765 viewsRanger78

35k with roof on 22:33 - Jul 7 by MKQPR

Populous (formerly HOK Sports) are the company rumored to be designing/designed our new stadium.
They are the company who designed:
The Emirates Stadium - Arsenal
Reebok Stadium - Bolton
Wembley Stadium - England
Stadium MK - MK Dons
Soccer City Renovation Design for 2010 South Africa World Cup
The Millennium Stadium - Wales and loads more.

I've been reading about Populous. They are pretty much responsible for every new stadium out there.

The good news for us are they have built plenty with an atmosphere. They have designed nearly all of the purpose built MLS stadiums, all of which are pretty small and close to the pitch.

2 stadiums that sping to mind are both on the Gold Coast in Australia, Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane is nicknamed "The Cauldron" and Skilled Park which is basically a smaller version.
35k with roof on 08:26 - Jul 8 with 751 viewssexton

40-45k with a preferred site identified in White City according to Reuters

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/07/07/uk-soccer-england-qpr-idUKBRE86607J2012
35k with roof on 08:39 - Jul 8 with 744 viewsfinney

if i was to build a ground i would base the design on some of the newer German grounds and make so different to most of the new builds over here.
But keep the closeness of LR.

If they go for the 40-45k mark that is huge and would mean us knocking on the door of the champions league each season to fill it.
Unless the club keep the prices low and rebuild the fan base as well really good news that we are signing class players and moving the club forward.
And i hope we still manage to keep the club a special one and the last game at Loftus Road will be a tear in the eye for many.

I do still love LR i know i should not leg room awful no bars shite food but we the place rocks it is the best in the world.
But i am sure we will take that with us.
35k with roof on 08:52 - Jul 8 with 728 viewssexton

We're in a fabulous location close to the centre of London with brilliant transport links. With good marketing and sensible pricing I'm sure we can get big crowds. But will the place rock?

And I know that at least once a season I'll take a nostalgic stroll down South Africa Road to see what's replaced the old place.
35k with roof on 09:24 - Jul 8 with 712 viewsSpiritofGregory

By the time the stadium has been constructed, we'll have built up the fan base. The board know what they are doing.
35k with roof on 11:45 - Jul 8 with 644 viewsMKQPR

35k with roof on 08:14 - Jul 8 by Ranger78

I've been reading about Populous. They are pretty much responsible for every new stadium out there.

The good news for us are they have built plenty with an atmosphere. They have designed nearly all of the purpose built MLS stadiums, all of which are pretty small and close to the pitch.

2 stadiums that sping to mind are both on the Gold Coast in Australia, Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane is nicknamed "The Cauldron" and Skilled Park which is basically a smaller version.

Also a lot of the smaller stadiums they build are built in a way they can easily be expanded at a later date. Which makes me think we are going to build a 30-35k stadium but can be expanded to 45-50k in the future to accommodate for a growing fan base if needed
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024