Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another club sold off to foreigners 22:00 - Jul 10 with 1341 viewsDiddyDave

Notts Forest are the latest club with overseas owners,some rich Kuwaiti family,Al-Hasawi,or summat. "It`s an honour and a privilege to take control of such a famous club",and they`ll be going all out to get Forest "back to the top again",so expect some ridiculous wages being forked out. No doubt the club just down the road will feel that they`ll have to compete to keep up with the El Joneses,so expect them to go back into administration again in the next couple of years! More head in the sand stuff from the FA,where will it all end?
Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:07 - Jul 10 with 1328 views442Dale

Forest have never been the same since Cloughie. Cotterill won't last long, which is a good thing for their fans straight away.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:22 - Jul 10 with 1300 viewsBartRowou

1. Notts Forest? That irks as much as when our ground is referred to as Spotlands.
2. Never as good as under BC? I'd say the 94-5 season under Frank Clark (finished third) was up there with any season bar 77-78.

FOReST for years had been run by a fan. They have never gone into admin, unlike rival teams such as Leicester, Derby and Leeds and when things got really bad, sold off players such as Jenas, Dawson and Reid to pay off debts. In that respect they are similar to Dale but on a bigger scale obviously.

Unfortunately their chairman died recently so the sale of the club was forced upon them. It could go either way. Let's hope it's not all about money but more about the sustainability of the club which is what the large majority of their fans want (plus another star on the shirt).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:27 - Jul 10 with 1293 views442Dale

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:22 - Jul 10 by BartRowou

1. Notts Forest? That irks as much as when our ground is referred to as Spotlands.
2. Never as good as under BC? I'd say the 94-5 season under Frank Clark (finished third) was up there with any season bar 77-78.

FOReST for years had been run by a fan. They have never gone into admin, unlike rival teams such as Leicester, Derby and Leeds and when things got really bad, sold off players such as Jenas, Dawson and Reid to pay off debts. In that respect they are similar to Dale but on a bigger scale obviously.

Unfortunately their chairman died recently so the sale of the club was forced upon them. It could go either way. Let's hope it's not all about money but more about the sustainability of the club which is what the large majority of their fans want (plus another star on the shirt).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The late 80s/early90s sides were very underrated. Made the most of what they had with a limited squad (Forward lines including Chapman, Jemson, Glover and Clough jnr, who was never as good as many made out)

Plus that 94-95 kit was terrible.

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:38 - Jul 10 with 1283 viewsBartRowou

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:27 - Jul 10 by 442Dale

The late 80s/early90s sides were very underrated. Made the most of what they had with a limited squad (Forward lines including Chapman, Jemson, Glover and Clough jnr, who was never as good as many made out)

Plus that 94-95 kit was terrible.

Finishes from 83-92: 5th, 3rd, 9th, 8th, 8th, 3rd, 3rd, 9th, 8th and 8th. They may not have had the headline players but they were far from limited.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:46 - Jul 10 with 1271 views442Dale

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:38 - Jul 10 by BartRowou

Finishes from 83-92: 5th, 3rd, 9th, 8th, 8th, 3rd, 3rd, 9th, 8th and 8th. They may not have had the headline players but they were far from limited.

Which is why the 88-89 side should be ranked above Clark's - there was a League Cup win, which meant something then, FA Cup semi and a great finish in a competitive league. Clark had Collymore and a mediocre Premier League.

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:58 - Jul 10 with 1258 viewsDiddyDave

I have a good mate,Alan Lamb,now residing in NZ,who was an apprentice at Forest at the time of the Hillsborough disaster and was on the fringes of the first team. Des Walker told him one day that the reason why Nigel Clough scored so many goals was because of the way Cloughie senior got them to play and this would be borne out later as he was an expensive flop everywhere else he went. Lambie showed me a programme of him playing for Hartlepool (on loan) early in the 1989/90 season against Dale at Spotland and one about the end of the 1991/92 season when he was playing for Hereford at Burnley. In that programme the player feature was a young lad from Salford playing in the youth team. Think his name was Steve Eyre!
Another club sold off to foreigners on 23:03 - Jul 10 with 1255 viewsTVOS1907

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:58 - Jul 10 by DiddyDave

I have a good mate,Alan Lamb,now residing in NZ,who was an apprentice at Forest at the time of the Hillsborough disaster and was on the fringes of the first team. Des Walker told him one day that the reason why Nigel Clough scored so many goals was because of the way Cloughie senior got them to play and this would be borne out later as he was an expensive flop everywhere else he went. Lambie showed me a programme of him playing for Hartlepool (on loan) early in the 1989/90 season against Dale at Spotland and one about the end of the 1991/92 season when he was playing for Hereford at Burnley. In that programme the player feature was a young lad from Salford playing in the youth team. Think his name was Steve Eyre!

Was that before or after Lamby was making adverts with Beefy?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Another club sold off to foreigners on 23:05 - Jul 10 with 1254 viewsTVOS1907

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:46 - Jul 10 by 442Dale

Which is why the 88-89 side should be ranked above Clark's - there was a League Cup win, which meant something then, FA Cup semi and a great finish in a competitive league. Clark had Collymore and a mediocre Premier League.

They also won the League Cup in 1990 v Oldham when Jemson scored.

Seven years later he was conning (not Peter) penalties against Dale.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Another club sold off to foreigners on 09:00 - Jul 11 with 1139 viewsBigKindo

Another club sold off to foreigners on 22:58 - Jul 10 by DiddyDave

New Zealand Lamb
Another club sold off to foreigners on 11:57 - Jul 11 with 1068 viewsDiddyDave

Yeah,he is now,Roast Lamb when he comes home late from the pub.
Another club sold off to foreigners on 02:26 - Jul 12 with 971 viewsDiddyDave

Another club sold off to foreigners on 11:57 - Jul 11 by DiddyDave

Yeah,he is now,Roast Lamb when he comes home late from the pub.

Hailing from Gateshead,Lamby`s a real Geordie and actually played for his beloved Magpies when Ossie Ardiles coached them,but only played in the reserves with the likes of Lee Clarke and Steve Stone. He also played for Hartlepool,Hereford and Gateshead (scored a goal in a 3-2,first round FA Cup defeat at Accrington about 1992/93),but his marriage bust up mid nineties and he decided to follow a mate of his to the football wastelands of New Zealand,where he played for North Shore United,Mount Maunganui and Kawerau,before settling in Taupo with his new missus (who hails from South Shields and is a Sunderland fanatic). Last year he represented NZ at an over 40s tournament in Thailand and scored a goal against his old mate from Forest, Graham(?) Crossley,in a 3-0 win over England. At 42 he`s still turning out for Taupo and still scoring quite a few goals. A great lad,but just another player who never quite made the grade back home.

Another club sold off to foreigners on 11:34 - Jul 12 with 927 viewsolympicdale

Cotterill gone already, first good thing that the new owners have done.

Life is a game of fate.

Another club sold off to foreigners on 23:52 - Jul 12 with 853 viewsDiddyDave

Well,there you go already,at least Cotterill kept them in the Championship with bugger all money and this is the thanks he gets. No doubt they`ll hire some idiot like Maradona for the upcoming season on zillions a week. The great game gets sicker every week,I shake my head.
Another club sold off to foreigners on 01:45 - Jul 13 with 835 viewsMiddGazzard

Another club sold off to foreigners on 02:26 - Jul 12 by DiddyDave

Hailing from Gateshead,Lamby`s a real Geordie and actually played for his beloved Magpies when Ossie Ardiles coached them,but only played in the reserves with the likes of Lee Clarke and Steve Stone. He also played for Hartlepool,Hereford and Gateshead (scored a goal in a 3-2,first round FA Cup defeat at Accrington about 1992/93),but his marriage bust up mid nineties and he decided to follow a mate of his to the football wastelands of New Zealand,where he played for North Shore United,Mount Maunganui and Kawerau,before settling in Taupo with his new missus (who hails from South Shields and is a Sunderland fanatic). Last year he represented NZ at an over 40s tournament in Thailand and scored a goal against his old mate from Forest, Graham(?) Crossley,in a 3-0 win over England. At 42 he`s still turning out for Taupo and still scoring quite a few goals. A great lad,but just another player who never quite made the grade back home.

Ex-Forest keeper was Mark Crossley, I think. Great to read the story.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024