Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper 19:07 - Jul 11 with 1085 viewsNorthernr

Popular goalkeeper Paddy Kenny has today left Queens Park Rangers to rejoin Neil Warnock at Leeds United. LoftforWords reflects on his time in W12.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1746
QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper on 19:48 - Jul 11 with 1023 viewsqueensparker

Great piece on a great player for us. And it's farewell to one of our only good original songs as well
QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper on 20:08 - Jul 11 with 980 viewsRangersAreBack

Thanks and best wishes Paddy.
QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper on 21:40 - Jul 11 with 890 viewsDylanP

Thank you Paddy Kenny. In years to come you will always, ALWAYS be greated warmly when yo come back. A great player. A great servant to the club. And a great person. Thanks!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper on 21:43 - Jul 11 with 881 viewstimcocking

Great article, absolutely spot on as they frequently are.

He fitted in so very well with that whole period. I hope he gets to come back to Loftus Road sometime so we can say hello once more.
QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper on 22:35 - Jul 11 with 837 viewsKiwi76

Nice write up Clive and well deserved send off.
Think the fact that he looks like he's been plucked out of the crowd for a game adds to his appeal.
Agree with your sentiments that move may be the best thing but wish him best of luck.
QPR bid farewell to Kenny the Moneyball goalkeeper on 09:08 - Jul 12 with 711 viewsOzhoop

According to NW he wouldn't have swapped him for anyone currently on our books ... I'm calling bullshit....

GAFFER GETS HIS MAIN MAN!
United manager Neil Warnock firmly believes he has made one of most important signings with the arrival of Paddy Kenny at Elland Road.

The experienced goalkeeper completed his switch from Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday when he signed a three-year contract and one of the worst kept secrets in football was confirmed when Paddy became a Leeds United player.

"I don't think you can keep secrets at Leeds United," laughed the United manager. "Somebody knows everything!

"We've worked very hard with this one. It's taken some time to get over the line, but I think he's the most important signing I'll make while I'm at Leeds United. I rate him that highly, and I think the fans will see why."

Paddy made 33 Premier League appearances for QPR last season and kept a club record clean sheets during the Londoners promotion season in 2010/11.

"I didn't think we'd be able to get him," conceded the boss. "There's no way I would have let him go. I wouldn't have swapped him for anybody they have on their books.

"I think he's a great keeper. He's one of the best in the country, not just the Championship.

"We are delighted to get him. He's a northern lad, he knows what a pull Leeds is and he knows all about it.

"We've had our moments over the years, but we respect each other and that's why he always been the main man I've wanted to sign. We've had to put others on hold, because I wanted to get this one over the line."

The United boss is also anticipating making further additions to his squad following the return to pre-season on Wednesday.

"We have a number where we have made offers and all sorts of things where we're trying to do deals," he explained. "I'd like to bring in a few others, ideally before we go to Cornwall, but we'll see.

"We're looking all over the place. Every area, we're looking to bring other players in. I'll move on to my next main target now and see if we can secure him over the next few days and the squad will take shape towards the kick-off."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024