Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
youth cults 21:21 - Aug 23 with 1606 viewsjc_hoops

I was reading a thread on here yesterday and a reference come up about "skinheads" and I was wondering how many on here were part of the youth cult thing, or maybe still are?

I was into Jazz Funk and Northern Soul and still am, but got into mod at the end of 78. Had a few mates in Quadrophenia with there scooters and remember well, it being filmed on the Wormholt estate one night on my way back from training. I used to be in the Viceroy SC ( which I think was the first major SC of the mod revival thing) and when that came to an end, the SBM (Shepherds Bush Mods funny enough).
I still get to a few "Northern" do's in Aus, and at one weekender in Perth a few years ago, about 30 scooters turned up, and it still tugs at the heart strings.

I do remember being on the Loft terracing in the late 70'sand there being Mods, punks, skins and even the odd Teddy Boy around - great days....
youth cults on 21:35 - Aug 23 with 1576 viewsLblock

Missed Northern Soul but got into Jazz Funk and Soul at an early age whilst heavily into Ska

The cult for me though was the rave days.
As scooters make you misty eyed I still get goose bumps driving past empty warehouses with good tunes blaring

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

youth cults on 21:37 - Aug 23 with 1571 viewsted_hendrix

I have to admit to wearing my scarf around my wrist a few times in the early Seventies.

I got chased out of Oxfords old Manor ground one night because of it.

lol

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

youth cults on 21:38 - Aug 23 with 1567 viewsQPRJennyxxx

thinking of starting one up where i am worshipped as the son/daughter of god and indulge in group sex before mass suicide, any takers?

mmmmmm Lee Cook xxxxxxxxx

youth cults on 21:43 - Aug 23 with 1555 viewsjc_hoops

youth cults on 21:35 - Aug 23 by Lblock

Missed Northern Soul but got into Jazz Funk and Soul at an early age whilst heavily into Ska

The cult for me though was the rave days.
As scooters make you misty eyed I still get goose bumps driving past empty warehouses with good tunes blaring

Yeah, I went to a few warehouse do's around 87 over the east side, coming out in the morning to be face with countless old bill......great
youth cults on 22:00 - Aug 23 with 1515 viewskysersosaqpr

I got lead astray when younger and got involved in the cheese scene. Started innocently enough with nibbling bits of mild cheddar, but then before I knew it I was free basing Stilton and raw onion......

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

youth cults on 22:17 - Aug 23 with 1492 viewsGloryHunter

I was too young to be a Hippie, too old to be a Yuppie. Been struggling with an identity crisis my whole life.
youth cults on 22:23 - Aug 23 with 1484 viewskysersosaqpr

youth cults on 22:17 - Aug 23 by GloryHunter

I was too young to be a Hippie, too old to be a Yuppie. Been struggling with an identity crisis my whole life.

I'm in the same dilemma now .... Too old to be a toyboy, and too young to be a sugar daddy!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

youth cults on 22:32 - Aug 23 with 1464 viewsloftboy

My mum wouldn't let me have a skinhead
I was a casual and spent a fortune on pringle jumpers, Lacoste etc, I was on 50 quid a week in my first job in 1983 and remember buying an Ellese shirt for £49.99

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

youth cults on 22:33 - Aug 23 with 1460 viewsHolser

youth cults on 22:17 - Aug 23 by GloryHunter

That must make you a Yippee then.

80's F block

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024