Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH 10:07 - Sep 2 with 1642 viewsArgyBargy1982

ArgyBargy spent an interesting hour at the National Football Museum pre-match. There's some good stuff in there. But it's a bastion to Political Correctness witnessed by the prominence given to one Gurnham Singh.

There's a photo of him with other more famous refs and his first refereeing shirt is displayed in all its glory alongside other shirts from Pele, Maradona and Booby Charlton.

For younger readers Mr Singh produced the worst refereeing performance ever seen at the Bush against Spurs in the early 90s (I think). He nearly caused a riot and was certainly responsible for the kicking that former QPR player Andy Gray got post-match.
NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 15:37 - Sep 2 with 1538 viewsN12Hoop

I was at that game. He was a truly dreadful incompetent ref and could have caused a riot. Am not a violent person but that day I wanted to run on the pitch and give him a thump. If it wasnt for POlitical Correctness he would have had his career ended, at least at the higher level.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 19:26 - Sep 2 with 1489 viewsMrSheen

A friend of mine is a Cambridge United fan, and he told me that they also regard him as the worst ref they've ever seen.
NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:05 - Sep 2 with 1456 viewsCiderwithRsie

He deserves an exhibit as in all the shambolic history of refereeing incompetence he was the worst. The only other time I was that angry was after Cantona's goal in the second millennium of extra time. Eventually even the FA gave him the tin tack.

Someone should put out a DVD of the tip 10 worst refereeing displays so we could see if Singh really was as bad as we all remember compared to more recent foul ups. Doubtless the FA would whine about it undermining their respect campaign but truth is that if football referees were as good as cricket umpires they'd get all the respect they need.
NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:41 - Sep 2 with 1414 viewswombat

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:05 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

He deserves an exhibit as in all the shambolic history of refereeing incompetence he was the worst. The only other time I was that angry was after Cantona's goal in the second millennium of extra time. Eventually even the FA gave him the tin tack.

Someone should put out a DVD of the tip 10 worst refereeing displays so we could see if Singh really was as bad as we all remember compared to more recent foul ups. Doubtless the FA would whine about it undermining their respect campaign but truth is that if football referees were as good as cricket umpires they'd get all the respect they need.

It was against spurs and it was one of the top 5 worst displays by a referee I've ever seen to this day , closely followed by a certain my white at the Fa cup final replay funnily enough white never took charge of a game again after that game

Poll: which is your favouite foot

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:54 - Sep 2 with 1399 viewsloftboy

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:41 - Sep 2 by wombat

It was against spurs and it was one of the top 5 worst displays by a referee I've ever seen to this day , closely followed by a certain my white at the Fa cup final replay funnily enough white never took charge of a game again after that game

Because back then the FA cup final was usually given to a retiring ref as a sort of leaving present.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 22:31 - Sep 2 with 1346 viewswombat

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:54 - Sep 2 by loftboy

Because back then the FA cup final was usually given to a retiring ref as a sort of leaving present.

The way he referred that game would have been bad enough for anyone to have mad it there last match

Poll: which is your favouite foot

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 00:10 - Sep 3 with 1301 viewsSydneyRs

NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM AND GURNHAM SINGH on 20:41 - Sep 2 by wombat

I was there too. Never seen a crowd made so angry by a refereeing performance. I think it was the following season we beat Spurs 4-1 when it could have been 10. Well this game started like it was heading that way until Singh and his unbelievably inept performance handed it to Spurs.

I went to the game with a Spurs mate. Even he could not believe what he had seen. Without doubt the worst ref perofrmance I have ever seen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024