Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shortest ever post 19:37 - Oct 6 with 2754 viewsderbyhoop

SWP Y?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shortest ever post on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 637 viewswestberksr

we started with a 451 including M'Bia, Park & Granero as the middle 3 in front of a failry big back 4; why the fukk do we need more defensive thinking players.

Swap SWP for Junior in that starting line up on Saturday and we have so much more threat for WBA to deal with. Mackie would also have offered more on the right.

you get to the point that the overall shape is so negative that a team like WBA can just try and isolate Adel and then play the ball around to their hearts content; bit like the first half really.

Junior & Adel can offer enough back tracking to fill the midfield, Adel has shown that he is slightly less than useless in that respect now and if Junior is a wide outlet there is a decent chance of possession being retained.

SWP does work hard but all of the running around is mostly spent trying to get the ball back that he has lost.
Shortest ever post on 10:05 - Oct 8 with 632 viewsdaveB

it should be pointed out that Mackie hardly touched the ball when he replaced him and Hoilett did bugger all either so SWP is a bit of an easy target at the moment
Shortest ever post on 10:08 - Oct 8 with 627 viewsklr

Shortest ever post on 09:29 - Oct 8 by TearsOfaClown

"But the problems are deeper than the poor performance of one player."

which means we start with 10 men when SWP plays . . . and as he has not scored yet make that 9. then his passing, make that 8, crosses is 7, . . . .

He walks in to my worst QPR 11 of alltime, along with the likes of John Curtis etc.

& when I say walks in, I mean he WALKS IN; one of the first names on the teamshirt.

Literally never seen the likes of this / him before, its a low point for English football nevermind QPR when someone can gain 30 England caps with NO, 0% technical ability.

Even when we didnt have a pot to p!ss in 10 years ago, we didnt have anyone as bad as him.

There's a lot of English so called "wingers" that clearly cant cross properly, so its a massive failure of English coaching at youth level that needs to & wont be addressed.

Imagine the winger that cant cross, imagine the "creative" player that cant pass, imagine the attacking player that cant score even if he was presented with an open goal, now imagine being told the reality that this player that this player is on £70'000 pounds a week, I just cant believe there is another country where this could happen, the Shaun Wright-Phillips thing is actually a much bigger point about all that is wrong with English Football, how did this player make it in the first place ?

It actually beggars belief.
Shortest ever post on 10:09 - Oct 8 with 626 viewsClive_Anderson

Shortest ever post on 10:05 - Oct 8 by daveB

it should be pointed out that Mackie hardly touched the ball when he replaced him and Hoilett did bugger all either so SWP is a bit of an easy target at the moment

Mackie did his job well when he came on. Won the ball a few times, kept possession and put their defence under constant pressure allowing us to win it back elsewhere.
Shortest ever post on 10:10 - Oct 8 with 626 viewsklr

Shortest ever post on 10:05 - Oct 8 by daveB

The difference between Hoilett & Mackie & SWP is that Hoilett & Mackie can both play football.
Shortest ever post on 10:12 - Oct 8 with 623 viewsklr

Shortest ever post on 10:10 - Oct 8 by klr

The difference between Hoilett & Mackie & SWP is that Hoilett & Mackie can both play football.

"Easy target" ?!

No, he just simply cannot play football & should not be on the football pitch in the first place, genuinely in all my life I dont think I've ever seen a player with less technical ability than Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Shortest ever post on 10:14 - Oct 8 with 623 viewsClive_Anderson

Shortest ever post on 10:10 - Oct 8 by klr

What amazes me is that SWP has somehow now got this reputation as a terrier like midfielder who breaks up attacks and provides cover to the right-back.

He isn't strong enough to muscle people off the ball or quick enough to react to get the ball when it gets loose. And we got done down his flank all game when he was on.

The when he does get it he loses it half the time anyway.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Shortest ever post on 10:18 - Oct 8 with 614 viewsdaveB

Shortest ever post on 10:09 - Oct 8 by Clive_Anderson

Mackie did his job well when he came on. Won the ball a few times, kept possession and put their defence under constant pressure allowing us to win it back elsewhere.

did he? I honestly didn't see him do anything, I wouldn't play SWP and don't rate the fella but I didn;t think these two were much on an improvement on Saturday
Login to get fewer ads

Shortest ever post on 10:24 - Oct 8 with 606 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shortest ever post on 10:12 - Oct 8 by klr

"Easy target" ?!

No, he just simply cannot play football & should not be on the football pitch in the first place, genuinely in all my life I dont think I've ever seen a player with less technical ability than Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Now on a par with Dominc Iorfa, Karl Ready, John Curtis, Terry McQuade and Bob Malcolm. No, sorry, he is even worse than any of them on a bad day in January.

Truly an appalling apology for a footballer. But he drives a Bentley with three cushions to sit on - so he must be OK!

As Mr Kipling says "he makes exceedingly crap crosses".

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Shortest ever post on 10:26 - Oct 8 with 604 viewsClive_Anderson

Shortest ever post on 10:18 - Oct 8 by daveB

did he? I honestly didn't see him do anything, I wouldn't play SWP and don't rate the fella but I didn;t think these two were much on an improvement on Saturday

He won a couple of balls that he had no right to. At one point he came flying in from nowhere to win a ball a couple of feet off the floor and then muscled two WBA players off the ball to keep possession.

Ok he didn't run around everyone and chip the keeper, but we were a lot more solid down that flank when he came on.
Shortest ever post on 10:29 - Oct 8 with 592 viewsKrakow

When he reached his peak it was because of his pace and the ability to beat anyone for speed; basically very similar to how Walcott is now. My biggest problem is that it is obvious he has lost so much of this pace and it hasn't seemed to have improved since he joined us. If I was part of the management team I would work massively on this, forget the fact that he is a poor footballer; if he was just 10-15% faster, then it would open up so much more for us. At the moment he simply can't beat anyone, which means he can't run in to dangerous positions to either cross the ball or win a free kick.
Shortest ever post on 10:41 - Oct 8 with 587 viewsklr

Shortest ever post on 10:29 - Oct 8 by Krakow

When he reached his peak it was because of his pace and the ability to beat anyone for speed; basically very similar to how Walcott is now. My biggest problem is that it is obvious he has lost so much of this pace and it hasn't seemed to have improved since he joined us. If I was part of the management team I would work massively on this, forget the fact that he is a poor footballer; if he was just 10-15% faster, then it would open up so much more for us. At the moment he simply can't beat anyone, which means he can't run in to dangerous positions to either cross the ball or win a free kick.

doesnt matter how fast you are if you cant pass, shoot, cross a football.

Pace is pretty much irrelevant in any other football culture, why would you need to run fast if you have the technical ability to make the ball do all that for you ? Look at Andres Iniesta

We are stuck in the dark ages in this country, you need to be able to run fast to be able to play football, absolutely laughable.

Granted having pace as a fullback or winger can be a great attribute to have, but rendered completely pointless if you cant make a killer pass / cross at the end of it.

Theo Walcott is like a deluxe version of SWP, obviously not as bad, but suffers from the same limitations.

Football will never change in this country until they place more importance on passing / shooting / crossing ability over mere pace, its laughable really.

Shortest ever post on 10:49 - Oct 8 with 581 viewsTearsOfaClown

Shortest ever post on 10:24 - Oct 8 by ShotKneesHoop

Now on a par with Dominc Iorfa, Karl Ready, John Curtis, Terry McQuade and Bob Malcolm. No, sorry, he is even worse than any of them on a bad day in January.

Truly an appalling apology for a footballer. But he drives a Bentley with three cushions to sit on - so he must be OK!

As Mr Kipling says "he makes exceedingly crap crosses".

Loved the comment from a lady in the crowd last season - "I didn't know we had a schoolboy playing for us".

Thing is most schoolboys skills are more advanced than our PinBall Wizard.
Shortest ever post on 11:38 - Oct 8 with 558 viewsKrakow

Shortest ever post on 10:41 - Oct 8 by klr

doesnt matter how fast you are if you cant pass, shoot, cross a football.

Pace is pretty much irrelevant in any other football culture, why would you need to run fast if you have the technical ability to make the ball do all that for you ? Look at Andres Iniesta

We are stuck in the dark ages in this country, you need to be able to run fast to be able to play football, absolutely laughable.

Granted having pace as a fullback or winger can be a great attribute to have, but rendered completely pointless if you cant make a killer pass / cross at the end of it.

Theo Walcott is like a deluxe version of SWP, obviously not as bad, but suffers from the same limitations.

Football will never change in this country until they place more importance on passing / shooting / crossing ability over mere pace, its laughable really.

I wasn't saying that you need to run fast to become a good footballer, I was saying that SWP needs to increase his pace by 10-15% to get anywhere close to using his only asset which he has had throughout his career.

It is pretty obvious that he doesn't have killer passes in him to split the defence like someone like Iniesta, but if his pace was increased by 10-15% it might open more opportunities for him (and us) as his crosses seem to be a lot worse when under pressure.
Shortest ever post on 12:43 - Oct 8 with 529 viewswestberksr

Shortest ever post on 11:38 - Oct 8 by Krakow

I wasn't saying that you need to run fast to become a good footballer, I was saying that SWP needs to increase his pace by 10-15% to get anywhere close to using his only asset which he has had throughout his career.

It is pretty obvious that he doesn't have killer passes in him to split the defence like someone like Iniesta, but if his pace was increased by 10-15% it might open more opportunities for him (and us) as his crosses seem to be a lot worse when under pressure.

agree with you there Krak; a few years ago he probably was a bit faster or possibly played more on the shoulder of the defender. Could use his speed to better effect. more often than not he receives it and comes back inside or lays it off to a defender.

Lennon at Spuds and Theo at Arse are probably the other 2 obvious members of the really quick but can't cross gang. But they are clearly quicker and in the case of Theo, he can actually finish; whereas Lennon can & does beat people, get to the byline then occassionally the cross is ok.

against WBA away last year SWP came on and did exactly the same thing, got wide received the ball, on one occassion hit it straight at a defender and another miss controlled it and lost the ball.

history repeating itself on a weekly basis.

I wish that every player that pulls on the hoops does really well and plays to the upmost of their abilities, but for SWP I can't see that happening even after the confidence boost of a full pre-season and run of games.
Shortest ever post on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 493 viewsR_from_afar

I have been holding back on saying this but the time has now come: How many times has SWP made a game-changing (in a positive sense) contribution for the Rs?

Compare and contrast with Mackie or Taarabt.

Hoilett is like SWP was back in his heyday, so why on earth does SWP keep getting the nod? We are in a relegation dogfight now, not on a nostalgia trip, so it is time to name a starting eleven featuring 11 players who are currently playing well, rather than hoping against hope that those picked will find the form of fiv eyears ago.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Shortest ever post on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 488 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shortest ever post on 13:36 - Oct 8 by R_from_afar

I have been holding back on saying this but the time has now come: How many times has SWP made a game-changing (in a positive sense) contribution for the Rs?

Compare and contrast with Mackie or Taarabt.

Hoilett is like SWP was back in his heyday, so why on earth does SWP keep getting the nod? We are in a relegation dogfight now, not on a nostalgia trip, so it is time to name a starting eleven featuring 11 players who are currently playing well, rather than hoping against hope that those picked will find the form of fiv eyears ago.

RFA

Maybe the shortest ever post.... but also the most intelligent, logical and balanced set of replies that have graced Loft For Words. The sort of reasoned arguments that ought to be the province of the Sunday Papers, but its here on LFW instead.

One last thought. If the answer is SWP..... foooook knows what the question is. Maybe that could be the subject of another post.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Shortest ever post on 14:57 - Oct 8 with 466 viewswestberksr

Shortest ever post on 13:42 - Oct 8 by ShotKneesHoop

Maybe the shortest ever post.... but also the most intelligent, logical and balanced set of replies that have graced Loft For Words. The sort of reasoned arguments that ought to be the province of the Sunday Papers, but its here on LFW instead.

One last thought. If the answer is SWP..... foooook knows what the question is. Maybe that could be the subject of another post.

Clive would just delete the new thread; you need something more covert to get past him these days under the multiple/duplicate thread rules.

not saying that it's not a relevant question and shouldn't have another thread though
Shortest ever post on 15:32 - Oct 8 with 447 viewsjonno

The fact is that SWP is simply not good enough, and becomes a liability at the top level where you cannot afford to be starting games with effectively ten men and someone who so easily loses the ball. The bizarre thing is that last season we didn't start winning games until Hughes finally dropped SWP but yet this season has continually played him with predictable results. Then again, it was blatantly obvious to most that we needed to vastly improve our CBs during the summer, probably more importantly than any other part of the team but Hughes singly failed to do that as well. As a consequence we are conceding 2 or 3 (or more) goals in games which gives us virtually no chance of winning.
Shortest ever post on 15:52 - Oct 8 with 435 viewsTacticalR

When the website gets upgraded it looks like we are going to needed a dedicated forum for discussion of SWP.

Air hostess clique

Shortest ever post on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 421 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shortest ever post on 15:52 - Oct 8 by TacticalR

When the website gets upgraded it looks like we are going to needed a dedicated forum for discussion of SWP.

Just dump SWP and the problem is solved.

1. We shoot up the league.

2. Posts on him disappear from LFW.

Same thing happened shortly after he was dropped for his dire performance at Bolton last year. That's when we went on our mini run that saved us.

We need the same thing to happen again.

Shortest ever post on 17:04 - Oct 8 with 407 viewsTearsOfaClown

Shortest ever post on 10:08 - Oct 8 by klr

He walks in to my worst QPR 11 of alltime, along with the likes of John Curtis etc.

& when I say walks in, I mean he WALKS IN; one of the first names on the teamshirt.

Literally never seen the likes of this / him before, its a low point for English football nevermind QPR when someone can gain 30 England caps with NO, 0% technical ability.

Even when we didnt have a pot to p!ss in 10 years ago, we didnt have anyone as bad as him.

There's a lot of English so called "wingers" that clearly cant cross properly, so its a massive failure of English coaching at youth level that needs to & wont be addressed.

Imagine the winger that cant cross, imagine the "creative" player that cant pass, imagine the attacking player that cant score even if he was presented with an open goal, now imagine being told the reality that this player that this player is on £70'000 pounds a week, I just cant believe there is another country where this could happen, the Shaun Wright-Phillips thing is actually a much bigger point about all that is wrong with English Football, how did this player make it in the first place ?

It actually beggars belief.

I agree with what you said but why make things up like "when someone [SWP] can gain 30 England caps" - he never did. Did he? No! Impossible.
Shortest ever post on 17:29 - Oct 8 with 390 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shortest ever post on 17:04 - Oct 8 by TearsOfaClown

I agree with what you said but why make things up like "when someone [SWP] can gain 30 England caps" - he never did. Did he? No! Impossible.

30 Dutch Caps is about all he could get called up for.

Shortest ever post on 17:35 - Oct 8 with 384 viewsklr

Shortest ever post on 11:38 - Oct 8 by Krakow

His crosse's would be exactly the same irrespective of whether he was being marked by three of the opposition or whether he was standing out on an empty pitch practising his crosse's. He is sh!t, ARGUABLY THE WORST WINGER IN FOOTBALL HISTORY.

If I was an opposition manager or defender, I would 100% not bother marking him at all, you dont need to mark, its completely irrelevant whether you mark him or not, 100% he is going to f*ck up.

& I'm right, there is no other country where a player with NO technical ability 0% technical ability & command of a football, 0% only in England.

I've never seen anything like it, it irks me so much, that I really feel that strongly about it that I am considering writing a massive dissertation / essay in to Shaun Wright Phillips linked in to the wider failings of English Football.
Shortest ever post on 19:21 - Oct 8 with 361 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shortest ever post on 17:35 - Oct 8 by klr

His crosse's would be exactly the same irrespective of whether he was being marked by three of the opposition or whether he was standing out on an empty pitch practising his crosse's. He is sh!t, ARGUABLY THE WORST WINGER IN FOOTBALL HISTORY.

If I was an opposition manager or defender, I would 100% not bother marking him at all, you dont need to mark, its completely irrelevant whether you mark him or not, 100% he is going to f*ck up.

& I'm right, there is no other country where a player with NO technical ability 0% technical ability & command of a football, 0% only in England.

I've never seen anything like it, it irks me so much, that I really feel that strongly about it that I am considering writing a massive dissertation / essay in to Shaun Wright Phillips linked in to the wider failings of English Football.

Rather than a dissertation, try a paraphrase.

i.e. condense 1000 pages into one sentence.

Such as : "SWP is total shyte and that's a fact".

I'd give you an A+ for something like that.

How would you express his overall ability??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024