Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. 19:47 - Oct 11 with 4543 viewsizzitme

Pies ran out at main stand snack bar before halftime on Tuesday. Many fans know this having queued for 15 mins or so there. I complained to the Club and Paul S manager of Stadium Company told me that the manageress went over to the away stand bar to collect the 100 or so pies they had available. Then the half time whistle went and the "Police " refused to allow anyone to enter or leave the away stand.
That was his official excuse, and if this is the case it is an absolute disgrace, and typical example of Police abusing their powers.
I hope Messrs Garlick and Dunphy are aware of this fiasco and as paymasters to the police sort it.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:42 - Oct 12 with 1022 viewsFred_Talbot

£3.30 for a pint of lager as well!
The last time I'll be drinking in there this season

Where's Fred?

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:50 - Oct 12 with 1008 viewsDaley_Lama

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:29 - Oct 12 by R17ALE

Oh right. It's so muffled in the Sandy that it's almost impossible to decipher tannoyman. Even though he announced it was shut, what is the long term policy of the Dale Bar at half time?

It needs time to establish itself and to get folk into the habit of using it at half time.

Perhaps a pie and a pint offer for a fiver might entice more in, as winter starts to bite. But that would mean someone having to organise a pie warmer and doing a separate deal with Claytons.

Added to that, folk can catch up with the half times on Jeff Stelling's Sky programme. The venue has so much to offer to the matchday experience.

That's why many WMG, sorry, TDS's prefer t'other end, half time. Well I do anyway, although I usually drive so don't have a pint.

1. Get warm
2. Pint
3. TV

It's only early days of the ownership of T'Ratcliffe Arms so perhaps a trickle of feedback from this thread might lead to similar for Sandy Laners in the future.

Poll: DF in or out

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:59 - Oct 12 with 1000 viewsClivert

All it would take would be something as simple as stewards handing out say a blue ticket as you left the Sandy gates at half time and a yellow ticket handed out as you'd leave the Main Stand.

As Razzle says the club must make full use of the excellent Ratcliffe Bars facility now that it has taken on the tenancy and not using it to its full potential on matchdays would be criminal.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. (n/t) on 16:23 - Oct 12 with 982 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:59 - Oct 12 by Clivert

All it would take would be something as simple as stewards handing out say a blue ticket as you left the Sandy gates at half time and a yellow ticket handed out as you'd leave the Main Stand.

As Razzle says the club must make full use of the excellent Ratcliffe Bars facility now that it has taken on the tenancy and not using it to its full potential on matchdays would be criminal.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 17:07 - Oct 12 with 942 viewselectricblue

With regards to the pies fiasco..
The cater should always have more than enough to cope with matchday demands then the excess pies with peas could be sold in the studds bar or radcliffe arms after the match and i bet there would be not a single one left over..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 17:34 - Oct 12 with 926 viewsColDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:29 - Oct 12 by R17ALE

Oh right. It's so muffled in the Sandy that it's almost impossible to decipher tannoyman. Even though he announced it was shut, what is the long term policy of the Dale Bar at half time?

It needs time to establish itself and to get folk into the habit of using it at half time.

Perhaps a pie and a pint offer for a fiver might entice more in, as winter starts to bite. But that would mean someone having to organise a pie warmer and doing a separate deal with Claytons.

Added to that, folk can catch up with the half times on Jeff Stelling's Sky programme. The venue has so much to offer to the matchday experience.

I think we'd be in danger of going down the line of offers for the sake of offers. All that is needed is a way of allowing fans in from both the main stand and the Sandy lane terrace - perhaps with posters at the turnstiles. The availability and comfort of a pint in hospitable surroundings should be enough.

if we can sell food in there too, then we have the option of the money going straight to the club rather than the stadium company - and I'm sure people would much prefer to queue in the warmth with a pint in their hand watching the results come through than out in the cold.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 17:38 - Oct 12 with 922 viewsFred_Talbot

Could bury fans get a drink at half time from underneath the Willbutts?

Where's Fred?

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 17:46 - Oct 12 with 910 views49thseason

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:41 - Oct 12 by judd

It all comes down to judgement calls within the law on public order.

The club called it right before the draw in saying bury was the worst possible draw simply because of the anticipated police reaction.

I sincerely doubt the club could have made a significant dent in police thinking with regards to Tuesday.

As for the particular officer discussed, I will find out later if she was in charge on Tuesday just as a matter of interest.

Easier to just stop selling admission to bury fans. Tell the Football league / Johnstones paint that we are not prepared to make a loss by admitting bury fans given their reputation with GM police . We would end up with a couple of thousand dale fans, no police and a profit to share with bury - simples!
Login to get fewer ads

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 18:16 - Oct 12 with 887 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 17:46 - Oct 12 by 49thseason

Easier to just stop selling admission to bury fans. Tell the Football league / Johnstones paint that we are not prepared to make a loss by admitting bury fans given their reputation with GM police . We would end up with a couple of thousand dale fans, no police and a profit to share with bury - simples!

You can't omit Bury fans from Spotland because of a few numpties, we have our own share of idiots just like any other club...

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:09 - Oct 12 with 838 viewsonedalefan

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:42 - Oct 12 by Fred_Talbot

£3.30 for a pint of lager as well!
The last time I'll be drinking in there this season

Went in the Radcliffe Arms the first week we took it over and thought the prices were ridiculous. Never again until the club rethink the prices.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:35 - Oct 12 with 806 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:09 - Oct 12 by onedalefan

Went in the Radcliffe Arms the first week we took it over and thought the prices were ridiculous. Never again until the club rethink the prices.

Is it true that they hiked up the prices after taking over?

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 794 viewsColDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:35 - Oct 12 by MoonyDale

Is it true that they hiked up the prices after taking over?

no. the club have maintained the same prices that were in place before the takeover.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:55 - Oct 12 with 782 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:47 - Oct 12 by ColDale

no. the club have maintained the same prices that were in place before the takeover.

Thanks Col for clearing that up..

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:22 - Oct 12 with 767 viewsDoris

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:47 - Oct 12 by ColDale

When speaking to Pat a couple of weeks ago ,he said the prices had gone up.i assume he was incorrect with his comment after your statement.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:26 - Oct 12 with 756 viewsColDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:22 - Oct 12 by Doris

When speaking to Pat a couple of weeks ago ,he said the prices had gone up.i assume he was incorrect with his comment after your statement.

according to the club and Pat's son Steve, the prices were put up in the Summer before the takeover happened. The quote was "Patrick put his prices up during the summer but the prices in there from the 30th August are the same as Patrick charged since the first friendly in July and up to him leaving."
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:26 - Oct 12 with 733 views442Dale

Whether they've gone up or not isn't the issue, the lack of promotions and analysis of who/why/when use the Ratcliffe is.

As a club we need to be doing everything to ensuring a couple of hundred Dale fans are in there every game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:30 - Oct 12 with 727 viewsDoris

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:26 - Oct 12 by ColDale

according to the club and Pat's son Steve, the prices were put up in the Summer before the takeover happened. The quote was "Patrick put his prices up during the summer but the prices in there from the 30th August are the same as Patrick charged since the first friendly in July and up to him leaving."

The Quote ?,okay no worries

edit
the day Pat handed in his required 3 months notice things changed . This was before the august the 30th by quite a long time ,whatever happened after that was nothing to do with Pat unless he was telling little porkies.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:33 - Oct 12 with 718 viewsDoris

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:26 - Oct 12 by 442Dale

Whether they've gone up or not isn't the issue, the lack of promotions and analysis of who/why/when use the Ratcliffe is.

As a club we need to be doing everything to ensuring a couple of hundred Dale fans are in there every game.

Whether they've gone up or not isn't the issue

you sure? nearly £4 a pint for san miguel isnt an issue? you think people can afford this .
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:55 - Oct 12 with 690 views442Dale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:33 - Oct 12 by Doris

Whether they've gone up or not isn't the issue

you sure? nearly £4 a pint for san miguel isnt an issue? you think people can afford this .

Not initially. They need to be developing a customer base through promotions, loyalty and yes, prices.

The prices can be assessed down the line.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 23:05 - Oct 12 with 681 viewsDoris

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:55 - Oct 12 by 442Dale

Not initially. They need to be developing a customer base through promotions, loyalty and yes, prices.

The prices can be assessed down the line.

you are not in the pub industry are you ,you lose a punter for whatever reason you never get them back ,i lost a customer in engineering for 3 years cos i was £200 dearer on a job that cost £6000.What planet are some people on ,this is a business and sentiment comes a very distant second place.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 23:13 - Oct 12 with 662 views442Dale

I think all I'm saying is he club need to do something to encourage lapsed attendees to return to the Ratcliffe and develop a matchday venue for all fans who fancy a pint.

Nothing more or less.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 23:21 - Oct 12 with 654 viewsDoris

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 23:13 - Oct 12 by 442Dale

I think all I'm saying is he club need to do something to encourage lapsed attendees to return to the Ratcliffe and develop a matchday venue for all fans who fancy a pint.

Nothing more or less.

RAFC = http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= http://bloggingblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif& http://bloggingblue.com/2012/01/09/when-the-meme-goes-against-you-kill-the-meme/

as the saying goes
What problem ?
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 11:20 - Oct 13 with 589 viewsboromat

Police closed both bars.

As for the pies, what's new? It's always been like it is currently, always run out!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 11:34 - Oct 13 with 579 views49thseason

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 18:16 - Oct 12 by MoonyDale

You can't omit Bury fans from Spotland because of a few numpties, we have our own share of idiots just like any other club...

So you think we should just keep making losses every time we play bury at home ?
I don't think its the numpties that are the main problem here, Its GM Police who cant get a handle on how many people to expect at any given game involving bury and who probably see it as a wonderful excuse to make a financial killing at our expense.
Until GM police change their thinking there is no point in selling tickets to visiting bury fans. Making a stand and telling bury they cant come might make the FL and the Police take another, more sensible look at the situation.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 11:58 - Oct 13 with 565 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 11:34 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

So you think we should just keep making losses every time we play bury at home ?
I don't think its the numpties that are the main problem here, Its GM Police who cant get a handle on how many people to expect at any given game involving bury and who probably see it as a wonderful excuse to make a financial killing at our expense.
Until GM police change their thinking there is no point in selling tickets to visiting bury fans. Making a stand and telling bury they cant come might make the FL and the Police take another, more sensible look at the situation.

I agree about the police not estimating the crowd correctly (see my post earlier in the thread) And the cynical half of me wonders if it was a convenient over estimation. But you can't pick and choose which fans to allow into the ground without a really good reason, such as violent disruptive behaviour. Banning Bury fans for financial reasons simply wouldn't be reasonable, am not even sure if we would be allowed to do so under football league rules. Even if it is a nothing competition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024