Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. 19:47 - Oct 11 with 4544 viewsizzitme

Pies ran out at main stand snack bar before halftime on Tuesday. Many fans know this having queued for 15 mins or so there. I complained to the Club and Paul S manager of Stadium Company told me that the manageress went over to the away stand bar to collect the 100 or so pies they had available. Then the half time whistle went and the "Police " refused to allow anyone to enter or leave the away stand.
That was his official excuse, and if this is the case it is an absolute disgrace, and typical example of Police abusing their powers.
I hope Messrs Garlick and Dunphy are aware of this fiasco and as paymasters to the police sort it.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:56 - Oct 13 with 597 viewsD_Alien

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 11:58 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

I agree about the police not estimating the crowd correctly (see my post earlier in the thread) And the cynical half of me wonders if it was a convenient over estimation. But you can't pick and choose which fans to allow into the ground without a really good reason, such as violent disruptive behaviour. Banning Bury fans for financial reasons simply wouldn't be reasonable, am not even sure if we would be allowed to do so under football league rules. Even if it is a nothing competition.

There's a possibility that banning bury fans might even lead to greater trouble, as no doubt many of them would be seeking admission into the ground via any available means. And I doubt the stewards are bright enough to count to six, if they were asked to examine fans hands for more than five fingers.

But seriously, the issue lies with the Dale. It's no use waiting for the police to change their leaden thinking, especially if it's a nice earner for them... but there must be a way for representation to be made, possibly through the football league, as to why the Dale appear to have discriminatory costs attached to policing our games compared with similar clubs.

But as with so many things, they cba. Or if they can, and have, they've signally failed to make public what the issues are that lead to the discrimination, but the police are accountable like any other public body, and would be required to give detailed reasons behind their decision-making.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 13:15 - Oct 13 with 576 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:56 - Oct 13 by D_Alien

There's a possibility that banning bury fans might even lead to greater trouble, as no doubt many of them would be seeking admission into the ground via any available means. And I doubt the stewards are bright enough to count to six, if they were asked to examine fans hands for more than five fingers.

But seriously, the issue lies with the Dale. It's no use waiting for the police to change their leaden thinking, especially if it's a nice earner for them... but there must be a way for representation to be made, possibly through the football league, as to why the Dale appear to have discriminatory costs attached to policing our games compared with similar clubs.

But as with so many things, they cba. Or if they can, and have, they've signally failed to make public what the issues are that lead to the discrimination, but the police are accountable like any other public body, and would be required to give detailed reasons behind their decision-making.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Didn't the Wigan chairman refuse to pay the extortionate policing cost his club were faced with a couple of years back? Not sure how that turned out though. And I am sure the idea was mooted to charge clubs for all cost's both inside and in the surrounding areas. Now that would be a crippling blow to clubs like ours...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 13:24 - Oct 13 with 564 viewsD_Alien

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 13:15 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

Didn't the Wigan chairman refuse to pay the extortionate policing cost his club were faced with a couple of years back? Not sure how that turned out though. And I am sure the idea was mooted to charge clubs for all cost's both inside and in the surrounding areas. Now that would be a crippling blow to clubs like ours...

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1086473_wigan_win_battle_with

It can be done, just needs someone to take the bull by the horns.

And as for police holding clubs to ransom with threats to increase the areas where costs can be applied, that would be thrown out of court. If such costs were chargeable, they'd be applied right now. But they're not.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:53 - Oct 13 with 489 viewsDoris

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 13:24 - Oct 13 by D_Alien

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1086473_wigan_win_battle_with

It can be done, just needs someone to take the bull by the horns.

And as for police holding clubs to ransom with threats to increase the areas where costs can be applied, that would be thrown out of court. If such costs were chargeable, they'd be applied right now. But they're not.

be very surprising to see us do anything about it ,we did nothing when the old now defunct hairnets sold their shares in the stadium company (against the stadium companys rules ).apparently it was down to costs that were going to be incurred ,just wait til the RFL come knocking at the door wanting things to change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024