Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to coach for Defending the deadball 22:48 - Nov 25 with 2738 viewsstansleftfoot

when there's nobody at the club who can cross it, nobody who can attack it and nobody to defend it.....perhaps then everybody just stands round and ball watch's....
Have a word Harry!
How to coach for Defending the deadball on 23:10 - Nov 25 with 2720 viewsbaz_qpr

One thing they could do to give us half a chance is insist Cesar has a defender on the near post
How to coach for Defending the deadball on 08:38 - Nov 26 with 2671 viewsTHEBUSH

I think one of our problems is we are defending too deep and that straight away puts our defence under pressure.
My opinion is that our midfield needs to push up more and support our forwards.
Perhaps someone who knows more about tactical nuances can explain this !!
How to coach for Defending the deadball on 10:27 - Nov 26 with 2638 viewsozexile

Well we definitely defend set pieces too deep.And never seem to hold a correct line. This puts a lot of pressure on the keeper cause he is always trying to get through a crowd of players to get to the ball. Also if you hold a good line it means that the opposition player taking the free kick has to me more accurate with his delivery. At the moment he can just put any old ball into our box and its a free for all.
In regard to the defence dropping too deep when the ball is in play this means the midfield have to run 60 yds to support the forwards and 60 yrds to get back and defend. This leaves us so stretched. When we're fighting for our lives like we are we need to compress the play and give our midfielders a chance. The only problem with this is that teams will come to loftus rd and put 11 men behind the ball and Idon't believe we have the players who can pick that killer pass to open them up. This has been evident this season where we have got to the oppositions box and looked lost.
How to coach for Defending the deadball on 11:20 - Nov 26 with 2593 viewsjonno

How to coach for Defending the deadball on 10:27 - Nov 26 by ozexile

Well we definitely defend set pieces too deep.And never seem to hold a correct line. This puts a lot of pressure on the keeper cause he is always trying to get through a crowd of players to get to the ball. Also if you hold a good line it means that the opposition player taking the free kick has to me more accurate with his delivery. At the moment he can just put any old ball into our box and its a free for all.
In regard to the defence dropping too deep when the ball is in play this means the midfield have to run 60 yds to support the forwards and 60 yrds to get back and defend. This leaves us so stretched. When we're fighting for our lives like we are we need to compress the play and give our midfielders a chance. The only problem with this is that teams will come to loftus rd and put 11 men behind the ball and Idon't believe we have the players who can pick that killer pass to open them up. This has been evident this season where we have got to the oppositions box and looked lost.

The defence sit too deep because the CBs don't have enough pace to chase back a ball over the top or a through ball against a pacy striker, and our midfield don't press the ball enough to prevent opposition midfielders having the time to pick those kinds of passes.
How to coach for Defending the deadball on 11:25 - Nov 26 with 2582 viewsDesertBoot

Add to that hopefully we keep one, perhaps two players near the halfway line.
The ironic cheers against Southampton said it all really.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024