Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Istanbul 02:49 - Dec 3 with 2034 viewsBedford_R

Right. In Istanbul at the moment just off Taksim square. Going walk about in about 5 hours time. Where should I go and where should I avoid?

RMH_R Reborn

Istanbul on 06:57 - Dec 3 with 2009 viewssmegma

Avoid the Pudding Shop. VVVVilliam Hayes regretted going there.
Istanbul on 08:13 - Dec 3 with 1970 viewskropotkin41

You have probably already set off, but if you get the chance go and see the restored sections of the Byzantine walls.

I was in Istanbul 25 years ago and didn't go (doh!), but would love to see them.

Have a good time wherever you decide to visit.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Istanbul on 08:29 - Dec 3 with 1956 viewsKonk

One of my favourite cities - amazing place.

Sightseeing: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Galata Tower Suleymaniye Mosque, Dolmabahce Palace (you can have a butchers at the Besiktas stadium whilst you're there), Grand Bazaar and a boat ride up the Bosphorous.

Food and drink: I reckon Cihangir and Galata in Beyoglu are the two best neighbourhoods that we found for drinking and meze. Loads and loads of good little bars on the side streets off Istiklal Cadessi.

People are lovely, loads to see, brilliant city for a night out...jealous as fu ck. Have a good trip and enjoy Istanbul.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Istanbul on 10:10 - Dec 3 with 1905 viewsBedford_R

Done a couple of mosques, the Galata tower. Am at Topkapi museum at the moment. Quite, quite spectacular. Bosphorus next I think.

RMH_R Reborn

Istanbul on 11:23 - Dec 3 with 1875 viewsbaz_qpr

Hagia Sophia, is the highlight - get a tour guide its worth it, and then use the same guide to do the Bosphorus trip

Grand Bazaar is great amazing prices on Jewelry they will give you 40-60% off the asking price.

Avoid the yellow cabs - Download the trip advisor app for food and clubs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024