Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend 11:18 - Dec 29 with 3539 viewsRAFC1907

Setting off shortly to what I hope is going to be a cracking game with 3 points coming back over to the Red Rose of Lancashire.

Gary Jones no doubt will be excited about this match and who can blame him?

A player and manager can move from club to club but a supporter cant, but I like to follow good footballer's and Gary Jones certainly fits into that category for me.

I obviously want us to win but at the same time I wish Gary Jones all the best for this game, if he hits a 30 yard screamer and it turns out to be the winner I would be very happy for him.

I expect him to crunch into tackles with our midfield and run the game like he would for Rochdale, and I will be singing his name before the game as I expect many others to do.

Ohh Gary Jones...

Poll: Bottomley...

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 2437 viewsThe_DJ

Think Tutte, Kennedy and Cavanagh will know they have been in a game about 5pm.
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 2414 viewsphomem

I'll go for him scoring the winner v villa and getting to wembley and today having a mare
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:35 - Dec 29 with 2367 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Very much in the Hilcroft vein when we played Barnsley for me this one.

Before and after the game, show just how much we appreciate what he did for us, total leg8nd.

During the game, hope he scores 4 own goals as we come back from our usual 3 -0 down at half time. I fear today could be a real low point.

Just a feeling, but i would imagine JC will be reet p!ssed off with the Dale fans today for even acknowledging Gary Jones.

Up The Dale

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:39 - Dec 29 with 2348 viewsRalphs12

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:35 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Before and after the game, show just how much we appreciate what he did for us, total leg8nd.

During the game, hope he scores 4 own goals as we come back from our usual 3 -0 down at half time. I fear today could be a real low point.

Just a feeling, but i would imagine JC will be reet p!ssed off with the Dale fans today for even acknowledging Gary Jones.

Up The Dale

I agree with you to a point. Before and after yes, during the game its a no from me.

JC went back to Accy and was acknowledged, I'm sure he will know the reasoning behind any acknowledgment.
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:39 - Dec 29 with 2348 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:35 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Up The Dale

Why could today be a real low point?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:41 - Dec 29 with 2330 viewsRalphs12

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:39 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

If we lose "We would have won with Jonah" I think.

Not saying Ste would be saying that, but it will be said at some point by someone, somewhere.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:42 - Dec 29 with 2323 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:39 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

We have let in 3 goals against pretty average teams.

Bratfurt on a high, big crowd I can see us getting 5 rammed up us today.

Hence, that would be a low point.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:44 - Dec 29 with 2305 views442Dale

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:41 - Dec 29 by Ralphs12

Not saying Ste would be saying that, but it will be said at some point by someone, somewhere.

It shouldn't be, the Gary Jones thing has been done to death. You can bet we'll see a different player today than we did last season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 2294 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:42 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

We have let in 3 goals against pretty average teams.

Bratfurt on a high, big crowd I can see us getting 5 rammed up us today.

Hence, that would be a low point.

Losing 4-2 at Aldershot was a real low point; your scenario would be more expected.

Hopefully it won't be as bad performance-wise as our last game at Bradford.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:49 - Dec 29 with 2281 viewsphomem

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:47 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

Losing 4-2 at Aldershot was a real low point; your scenario would be more expected.

I'd tried to put that fa cup game of my mind
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:50 - Dec 29 with 2280 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:41 - Dec 29 by Ralphs12

Thats sort of it R12.

I hope i'm wrong, but if (and its a big if) it goes badly today we will see how far we have actually gone backwards as a club.

Not sure if Tuttes suspended for this one, but if he is, having a possible midfield with Cav (who has been playing much better) and a poor mans John Doolan in Crainey fills me with dread!

The fact that our most decorated player could potentially give them a torrid time, would be quite hard to take.

Hopefully the Dale that played last Friday will turn up though and I am just worrying for nothing :-)

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:54 - Dec 29 with 2256 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:47 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

Hopefully TVOS.

If it is, do you think the fans will turn on our manager in the same way as our previous manager or was it the fact they were then in the division below added to the hysteria?

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:58 - Dec 29 with 2240 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:50 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Thats sort of it R12.

I hope i'm wrong, but if (and its a big if) it goes badly today we will see how far we have actually gone backwards as a club.

Not sure if Tuttes suspended for this one, but if he is, having a possible midfield with Cav (who has been playing much better) and a poor mans John Doolan in Crainey fills me with dread!

The fact that our most decorated player could potentially give them a torrid time, would be quite hard to take.

Hopefully the Dale that played last Friday will turn up though and I am just worrying for nothing :-)

Tutte's not suspended.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:59 - Dec 29 with 2236 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:54 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Hopefully TVOS.

If it is, do you think the fans will turn on our manager in the same way as our previous manager or was it the fact they were then in the division below added to the hysteria?

No idea, but I wouldn't call it hysteria; more like reality.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:00 - Dec 29 with 2230 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:58 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

Tutte's not suspended.

Happy days :-)

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:06 - Dec 29 with 2213 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 11:59 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

No idea, but I wouldn't call it hysteria; more like reality.

I think we will see the reality of where we are as a club/team today.

In all honesty, take the Hilcroft era out and its where we have averaged for the previous 20 years, which suggest JC is the right manager for the job.

The reality check may just be how far away we are from the League 1/Promotion/Wembley era of just a few years ago.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:20 - Dec 29 with 2166 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:06 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

In all honesty, take the Hilcroft era out and its where we have averaged for the previous 20 years, which suggest JC is the right manager for the job.

The reality check may just be how far away we are from the League 1/Promotion/Wembley era of just a few years ago.

We know where we are as a club/team.

Today won't change that.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:20 - Dec 29 with 2166 viewsTVOS1907

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:06 - Dec 29 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Today won't change that.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:23 - Dec 29 with 2157 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 12:20 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

Today won't change that.

You can say that again :-)

Perhaps not everybody does TVOS.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 13:21 - Dec 29 with 2074 viewsDySporting

What about the wall... The legend the man who scored dales first ever goal at wembley
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 13:57 - Dec 29 with 2023 viewsolympicdale

I'm dreading this one, could be 4/5.

Life is a game of fate.

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 14:36 - Dec 29 with 1974 viewsregjenkins

Just watched the video of our last four games and we need to stop defending like the "Dog & Duck" if we are gonna get anything out of this one... we will probably know how things are going to go by half time.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 17:45 - Dec 29 with 1894 views442Dale

Today ends the Gary Jones discussion. The team is far from perfect, but it would be no better with Jones in it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 18:33 - Dec 29 with 1804 viewsphomem

Nice to see Rory mcardles distribution is the same
Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 18:37 - Dec 29 with 1776 viewsolympicdale

Gary Jones - the man, the machine, the legend on 17:45 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Today ends the Gary Jones discussion. The team is far from perfect, but it would be no better with Jones in it.

sounds like Tutte/JK bossed the midfield.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024