Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to..... 18:03 - Feb 9 with 1386 viewsMkPaul

Start attacking in games not trying to hold out for a draw and try and nick something as we don't have the players for that.

I really expected more from Harry I hope he takes this one on the chin as his mistake and then changes things.

I also agree that if Zamora only has 45 mins in him make it the first 45 to try and give us something to hold onto
We need to..... on 18:09 - Feb 9 with 1373 viewsessextaxiboy

You have to pick your games , if we go at Utd we could get tonked .

I know we need wins but the games for those come thick and fast in Mar/ Apr
We need to..... on 18:15 - Feb 9 with 1359 viewsMkPaul

I see what you are saying re Utd ... But this defensive approach all but takes away the possibility of winning these games, and those are the ones historically that we seem to lift ourselves for and win a few of, it used to be more of a concern in the games we expected to win.

Or maybe it just felt like that
We need to..... on 18:16 - Feb 9 with 1353 viewsJamie

We are not good enough to go for the jugular and will end up being picked off by teams doing what we currently are.
We need to..... on 18:20 - Feb 9 with 1339 viewsted_hendrix

Attack manure at you're peril, last season Rooney ran the game for them at LR.

I understand you're point about attacking teams because basically thats what we've got to do but the bottom line Is we're not good enough attacking wise.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We need to..... on 18:27 - Feb 9 with 1324 viewsMkPaul

Not saying all out attack, but play with the aim of scoring a goal of 2, how many times when we play the way we have been does a player get down the wing only to find that at best we have one player in the box and then not find them, where most other teams we play have 3 or four in the box in similar situations.
We need to..... on 19:12 - Feb 9 with 1301 viewsMedwayR

I agree that we need to attack more, get past Utd and then the rest of the games are arguably winnable. I can understand 'arry being nervous about being too open after the Liverpool game but we've scored 19 goals in 26 games this season playing mostly one up front and lately very defensively. Playing defensively got us points against chelsea, Man City & Spurs but also got us battered today & at West Ham where we were fortunate to come away with a point, post-Utd we need to go for it to give ourselves any chance of survival.

I'd leave Zamora & Remy out vs Utd, bring them back for Southampton when hopefully they'll both be fit enough to start & have a run of games.

Poll: Who’s better?

We need to..... on 19:54 - Feb 9 with 1270 viewsbaz_qpr

The first thing we need to do is play a higher defensive line, so we dont concede so much space in midfield and the strikers are less isolated

The second thing we need to do is play only one of Mbia or Derry unless playing a top 6 side
We need to..... on 20:18 - Feb 9 with 1239 viewsted_hendrix

I don't think we've got the ability to attack a bastard fairy cake at the moment.

I can't even remember the last time we were 'all over another' team.

Might as well go down fighting I suppose but shit, Swansea have done us on aggregate 9-1.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

We need to..... on 23:42 - Feb 9 with 1181 viewsNeil_SI

We look like a team that desperately needs a lot of time on the training ground, but one that doesn't have that time. It will be fraught, frantic and fractured until the end of the season and whatever we get out of the players, we get.

I think today showed that the players still don't know each other well enough, or like each other well enough. The lack of team spirit or feeling for one another leads to a lack of desire and a willingness to get stuck in and dig deep, especially for team mates who may have made a mistake.

We made far too many mistakes today against a side that are just too settled and well drilled to not punish you. It was easy for them in the end, but any nous they did show saw us collapse immediately and in all sorts of trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024