Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba Up Front 21:35 - Feb 23 with 5951 viewsEalingRanger

'Arry sent big Chris Samba up top for the last 15 minutes. 12 million quid of defensive talent lumped up front. I pretty much lost the will to live at the moment. 'Arry crossed my own personal rubicon. What an earth was that about. How many strikers have we bought/sold in the last 18 months? And here we are in a crucial match putting our 'star' defender up f*cking front?! Christ. It's just desperate right now, it really is. We are a punchline of a football club. Long-suffering doesn't even begin to describe it.

I mean really 'Arry. Is that it. Our big plan B is hitting it to Samba. Words fail me.
Samba Up Front on 21:38 - Feb 23 with 4747 viewsLandofoz89

It nearly worked when he went up for that header!

Meet me by the railway track

Samba Up Front on 21:39 - Feb 23 with 4736 viewswittle

more likely to score than any of our other players
Samba Up Front on 21:41 - Feb 23 with 4726 viewsEalingRanger

Samba Up Front on 21:39 - Feb 23 by wittle

Something that depresses me. Really, really depresses me.
Samba Up Front on 21:43 - Feb 23 with 4715 viewsPetros

Samba Up Front on 21:41 - Feb 23 by EalingRanger

Something that depresses me. Really, really depresses me.

Don't be so melodramatic. It is standard practice. Barcelona did it with Piquet the other day.
Samba Up Front on 21:44 - Feb 23 with 4706 viewsQPR1882

Samba Up Front on 21:39 - Feb 23 by wittle

How sad is that statement !!
Samba Up Front on 21:45 - Feb 23 with 4701 viewswittle

Samba Up Front on 21:44 - Feb 23 by QPR1882

How sad is that statement !!

sad but true im afraid
Samba Up Front on 21:47 - Feb 23 with 4686 viewsEalingRanger

Samba Up Front on 21:43 - Feb 23 by Petros

Don't be so melodramatic. It is standard practice. Barcelona did it with Piquet the other day.

It's melodramatic. It's a sign of how badly managed this club has been the last two years. Crossed the line for me today.
Samba Up Front on 21:58 - Feb 23 with 4661 viewsPetros

Samba Up Front on 21:47 - Feb 23 by EalingRanger

It's melodramatic. It's a sign of how badly managed this club has been the last two years. Crossed the line for me today.

Come on, chin up, it was Man U, one of the best sides in the world. It could have been worse. The next six games will write our story.
Login to get fewer ads

Samba Up Front on 22:00 - Feb 23 with 4653 viewswittle

Samba Up Front on 21:58 - Feb 23 by Petros

Come on, chin up, it was Man U, one of the best sides in the world. It could have been worse. The next six games will write our story.

problem is we make every team we play look like man utd.
Samba Up Front on 22:25 - Feb 23 with 4612 viewsHollowayRanger

HEY whats the proplem we finished with a £20 million strike force up front today!

like i said we should have bought a target man we were so much better with zamorras linking up the play once he went off we just died

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Samba Up Front on 22:30 - Feb 23 with 4595 viewsTW_R

Samba Up Front on 22:25 - Feb 23 by HollowayRanger

HEY whats the proplem we finished with a £20 million strike force up front today!

like i said we should have bought a target man we were so much better with zamorras linking up the play once he went off we just died

So which one of Graham or Odenwingie would you class as a target man?
Samba Up Front on 22:49 - Feb 23 with 4562 viewsCanadaRanger

Samba Up Front on 21:38 - Feb 23 by Landofoz89

It nearly worked when he went up for that header!

Big Dan Mk. II...
Samba Up Front on 23:31 - Feb 23 with 4502 viewsRanger78

I agree with the OP but I'm sure it will probably be Mark Hughes fault!
Samba Up Front on 23:34 - Feb 23 with 4494 viewsEalingRanger

Samba Up Front on 23:31 - Feb 23 by Ranger78

I agree with the OP but I'm sure it will probably be Mark Hughes fault!

Yeah, Hughes should be blamed for the fact we spent all out money on two players we didn't need instead of 5 we do need from the championship. Ha.
Samba Up Front on 23:47 - Feb 23 with 4469 viewsHollowayRanger

Samba Up Front on 22:30 - Feb 23 by TW_R

So which one of Graham or Odenwingie would you class as a target man?

graham he knows how to head a ball and is physically strong and we could have had him and odenwingie for the price of remy

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Samba Up Front on 23:58 - Feb 23 with 4457 viewsTW_R

Samba Up Front on 23:47 - Feb 23 by HollowayRanger

graham he knows how to head a ball and is physically strong and we could have had him and odenwingie for the price of remy

Graham looks far more dangerous running at the defence as opposed to his back to goal. Very good finisher, but we would be having exactly the same problem as we do now. No one creating goal-scoring chances.

We can go over the Odenwingie thing again if you like, but as you know we couldn't get him. We tried, it didn't work out.
Samba Up Front on 00:00 - Feb 24 with 4451 viewsDesertBoot

Why do some think we could have snared Graham. He wanted a move to the North East and duly signed for the Mackems. We were never an option.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Samba Up Front on 07:08 - Feb 24 with 4405 viewssmegma

My biggest concern was playing Townsend on the right when he clearly cannot kick with his right foot, then not taking Mackie off when all he did all day was run about and usually lose the ball.
Samba Up Front on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 4338 viewsCheshireR

Our attacking options are so limited that I wouldn't rule out bringing Green into the starting eleven, to enable Cesar to play up front.
Samba Up Front on 08:38 - Feb 24 with 4336 viewsCanadaRanger

I reckon Cesar could get a pretty good shot on goal from the halfway line!
Samba Up Front on 08:41 - Feb 24 with 4329 viewsRs_Holy

Samba Up Front on 22:49 - Feb 23 by CanadaRanger

Big Dan Mk. II...

Bob Hazell
Samba Up Front on 11:33 - Feb 24 with 4233 viewsNeil_SI

I saw this a little differently. On one hand, given the way we played and the lack of urgency and effort to attack, it seemed a bit strange. On the other, the game had gone and it gave Redknapp an opportunity to try him out up there in case he is needed in a more serious manner for the games that are about to come.

It's likely there will be matches that we are in need of a goal near the end, so will have to put him up there to cause a nuisance of himself. He actually didn't do too badly with the ball at his feet in attacking areas either.
Samba Up Front on 11:40 - Feb 24 with 4214 viewsbosh67

They put Mbia in at CB for the last 10 mins when Samba went up front and he looked ten times more comfortable at CB for me than he ever does as a defensive midfielder.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Samba Up Front on 12:36 - Feb 24 with 4184 viewsTW_R

Samba Up Front on 00:00 - Feb 24 by DesertBoot

Why do some think we could have snared Graham. He wanted a move to the North East and duly signed for the Mackems. We were never an option.

It's a Holloway thing. He thinks that if you list 5 players you want to sign they will just turn up at the end of the transfer window and start playing for us.

He doesn't think the players or their clubs actually get the option to decide what they want to do.
Samba Up Front on 12:37 - Feb 24 with 4181 viewsTW_R

Samba Up Front on 11:40 - Feb 24 by bosh67

They put Mbia in at CB for the last 10 mins when Samba went up front and he looked ten times more comfortable at CB for me than he ever does as a defensive midfielder.

I was thinking exactly the same thing Bosh. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Samba at the back with Diakite playing the defensive midfielder role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024