Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you seen the odds 06:34 - Mar 17 with 2571 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

for us to win the championship next season?
best i've seen is 1/7
I'm quite optimistic in the progression of QPR as a team that will be going places..
if relegation happens I think we'll be a strong and wiser team next season
we must have learnt from our mistakes!?!
i think we'll be a serious outfit whatever next season
That's why i love being Rangers ....if the hope don''t kill ya,the optimism counteracts the signal from the heart to the brain.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Have you seen the odds on 07:01 - Mar 17 with 2553 viewsexiled_dictator

The sport has always been results driven, but the major difference this season is the new TV contract that will come into effect next season. Teams that get relegated will only get parachute payments.
I read somewhere that with the new deal, the team that finishes bottom next season will get as much as the team who wins the Premiership this season.
The money is just huge, and the benefits or losses will affect teams for years to come. So being part of the club is what every owner wants.

I do believe that this season has been a very difficult steep learning curve for Tony and the other owners. Each season they will become more savvy, and make less mistakes. It has been said time & again, if we get relegated, then the ownership of the club will not change. This is a very positive signal for the manager & players alike. I would have no problem HR staying on next season in the Championship. I would like to see some changes in playing personnel as well; some contracts will be up, some players will simply leave but others might well be up for the fight. When Newcastle were relegated not so long ago, many of their top players stayed to win back promotion. Same happened when Juventus were relegated in Italy; most of their top International players stayed to win back promotion. Now, I am not saying that we will win back promotion straight away, but we would be one of the favourites to do so. It would just be part of the building process that gives us an opportunity to reflect on things, and build a team that has some fight, spirit & teamwork in it. I think that Mark Hughes did unbelievable damage to the club with the players he bought in as his terrible terrible attitude. He was clearly not what we needed, and we took more than a step backwards. Harry has come in, and in a very short time (4 months), we have already started to see improvements. It may not be enough for this season, but it will develop something we didn't have with Hughes; a foundation to build a team on. He constantly undermined players with his sulks & lack of clear tactics, bringing in the wrong players with no team harmony. You can see the difference in class & experience with Harry, but this needs to continue. This is why I would be happy if he stayed on next season regardless. Some posters on here believe this is a sprint and we need to do everything possible to stay up. Well, we do to an extent but not at the expense of our future security. We needed better quality players, and got them with Samba, Remy, Jenas & Townsend, but we need to continue building.
Maybe taking stock for a season would not be the worst thing.
Just remember how much you enjoyed watching the team in the Championship winning season. Much better than this season for the heart & soul.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Have you seen the odds on 08:05 - Mar 17 with 2502 viewsstuabd

Have you seen the odds on 07:01 - Mar 17 by exiled_dictator

The sport has always been results driven, but the major difference this season is the new TV contract that will come into effect next season. Teams that get relegated will only get parachute payments.
I read somewhere that with the new deal, the team that finishes bottom next season will get as much as the team who wins the Premiership this season.
The money is just huge, and the benefits or losses will affect teams for years to come. So being part of the club is what every owner wants.

I do believe that this season has been a very difficult steep learning curve for Tony and the other owners. Each season they will become more savvy, and make less mistakes. It has been said time & again, if we get relegated, then the ownership of the club will not change. This is a very positive signal for the manager & players alike. I would have no problem HR staying on next season in the Championship. I would like to see some changes in playing personnel as well; some contracts will be up, some players will simply leave but others might well be up for the fight. When Newcastle were relegated not so long ago, many of their top players stayed to win back promotion. Same happened when Juventus were relegated in Italy; most of their top International players stayed to win back promotion. Now, I am not saying that we will win back promotion straight away, but we would be one of the favourites to do so. It would just be part of the building process that gives us an opportunity to reflect on things, and build a team that has some fight, spirit & teamwork in it. I think that Mark Hughes did unbelievable damage to the club with the players he bought in as his terrible terrible attitude. He was clearly not what we needed, and we took more than a step backwards. Harry has come in, and in a very short time (4 months), we have already started to see improvements. It may not be enough for this season, but it will develop something we didn't have with Hughes; a foundation to build a team on. He constantly undermined players with his sulks & lack of clear tactics, bringing in the wrong players with no team harmony. You can see the difference in class & experience with Harry, but this needs to continue. This is why I would be happy if he stayed on next season regardless. Some posters on here believe this is a sprint and we need to do everything possible to stay up. Well, we do to an extent but not at the expense of our future security. We needed better quality players, and got them with Samba, Remy, Jenas & Townsend, but we need to continue building.
Maybe taking stock for a season would not be the worst thing.
Just remember how much you enjoyed watching the team in the Championship winning season. Much better than this season for the heart & soul.

And less of those of annoying 2 week breaks between games. Sat - Tues - Sat - that's what we want.
Have you seen the odds on 08:39 - Mar 17 with 2451 viewsbaz_qpr

I think Newcastle are the only bookies favourite in recent history to win the league.

It will be a hard slog, we will need good management, players and commitment
Have you seen the odds on 08:42 - Mar 17 with 2439 viewsAgedR

Great optimism, but, two words give me concerns, Wolves & Blackburn

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Have you seen the odds on 08:53 - Mar 17 with 2419 viewsbaz_qpr

Have you seen the odds on 08:42 - Mar 17 by AgedR

In both cases, novice managers

In one case sold all their best players.

Avoid both those pitfalls and we have a chance
Have you seen the odds on 09:13 - Mar 17 with 2386 viewsexiled_dictator

Have you seen the odds on 08:42 - Mar 17 by AgedR

Indeed Wolves & Blackburn are 2 words that should give concern to all involved.

BUT ......

Blackburn are run by a bunch of basket-case nutters. FACT.
They were mis-sold the club with a promise that they couldn't get relegated.
They have constantly undermined their managers. Allardyce was sacked for no reason what so ever, they talked Maradonna and ended up with Steve Kean, who was never going to be able to do anything. Henning Berg served 57 days. Again, someone who shouldn't have anywhere near the club.
You cannot compare us with Blackburn, as there are no synergies at all between the clubs.

Wolves were crazy to sack Mick McCarthy when they did. And like Blackburn, their chosen replacement wanted nothing to do with the club, so they ended up with a nobody who achieved nothing, apart from seeing them get relegated. Technically, they were already relegated when McCarthy left. And like Blackburn, they bought in someone who was never going to be allowed to succeed, and like Blackburn with Berg, Solbakken failed to improve on their position due to selling best players, not being familiar with English football, and poor managerial decisions.

You cannot compare Harry with Berg or Solbakken; different class, as has been proven already. Both teams are hovering dangerously close to relegation again, but only have themselves to blame. If we do get relegated, the management will continue to support the club & manager. We should still have players who have dignity, ability & pride to ensure the club does not spiral out of control towards Division 1. Results in this years season have been very unpredictable, with top teams losing to unlikely opposition. It is very tough league and you need an element of luck too to get out. But we will still have players who have achieved this, and I reckon if we do get relegated it will be only for 1 year.

I really don't think you can compare QPR with Wolves & Blackburn.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Have you seen the odds on 09:27 - Mar 17 with 2365 viewsSpiritofGregory

We'll probably have to build a new team in the summer. We need to get rid of lots of useless players on our books and certain players will be sold.

Hope Harry stays.
Have you seen the odds on 09:41 - Mar 17 with 2339 viewskropotkin41

If Harry stays; if Mr Fernandes et al are true to their word; if we manage to shift some players of the wage bill; if Harry manages to keep/build a squad fit for purpose......... Hopefully ticket prices will be set to fill LR for every game!!

then next season in the Championship could be very exciting indeed. Of course there are no guarantees, but it should make for an exciting ride!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Have you seen the odds on 10:03 - Mar 17 with 2294 viewsSpiritofGregory

If Harry stays which I hope he does, he'll really have his work cut out. There are so many players we need to get shot of, the list is endless, players like Samba, Remi and Adel will be sold, Townsend will return to Spurs. Your Hill's and Derry's will be on their last legs.

Harry needs to get rid of uncommitted parasites like Boswinga, Ferdinand, SWP, Barton, Park, Granero, Hoilett, Traore etc. Ale needs to find his form and Diakite sort himself out once and for all, if not, get rid, we are not a charity. Harry has to build a team of players of quality with character who have the stomach for a fight and who can make the step up like Norwich and Swansea did. We need to be ruthless with players like they have been with us, they have taken their wages in full and in return given back below par performances.
Have you seen the odds on 10:16 - Mar 17 with 2273 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Have you seen the odds on 09:41 - Mar 17 by kropotkin41

If Harry stays; if Mr Fernandes et al are true to their word; if we manage to shift some players of the wage bill; if Harry manages to keep/build a squad fit for purpose......... Hopefully ticket prices will be set to fill LR for every game!!

then next season in the Championship could be very exciting indeed. Of course there are no guarantees, but it should make for an exciting ride!

That's a lot of ifs, and it's those ifs that worry me.

If those ifs fall our way (another if!) then next season could be good, and we could be back in the prem before the rediculously large payments are dished out to next years losers. They'll come down with so much money no one will be able to compete, if we go down we must go straight back up or our funds will be dwarfed by those coming down.
Have you seen the odds on 10:39 - Mar 17 with 2241 viewsHollowayRanger

i DONT expect us to come up as champions be lucky to make the playoffs

simple reason championship is a war you have to fight for everything and we would be most teams cup finals being ex premiership and most likely still have some big names in the team

and watching our team this season how often have our team fought hard enough to deserve to win

under warnock we had a team of grafters and workers all supporting taarabt who was the magic man,will taarabt be here next season and where are the grafters

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Have you seen the odds on 10:47 - Mar 17 with 2230 viewsSpiritofGregory

Have you seen the odds on 10:39 - Mar 17 by HollowayRanger

i DONT expect us to come up as champions be lucky to make the playoffs

simple reason championship is a war you have to fight for everything and we would be most teams cup finals being ex premiership and most likely still have some big names in the team

and watching our team this season how often have our team fought hard enough to deserve to win

under warnock we had a team of grafters and workers all supporting taarabt who was the magic man,will taarabt be here next season and where are the grafters

We must not make the mistake of building another team around one player. We need to build like Swansea and Norwich did.
Have you seen the odds on 10:51 - Mar 17 with 2223 viewsHollowayRanger

Have you seen the odds on 10:47 - Mar 17 by SpiritofGregory

We must not make the mistake of building another team around one player. We need to build like Swansea and Norwich did.

first thing id do would be get atkins in as manager

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Have you seen the odds on 11:43 - Mar 17 with 2172 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have you seen the odds on 10:51 - Mar 17 by HollowayRanger

first thing id do would be get atkins in as manager

Marmalade?

Bare bones.

Have you seen the odds on 12:21 - Mar 17 with 2137 viewsHollowayRanger

Have you seen the odds on 11:43 - Mar 17 by Antti_Heinola

Marmalade?

lol sadly she died young

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024