Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans 18:53 - Apr 5 with 2737 views49thseason

If each new fan is worth £15 per game x 23 games we are looking at £345K of additional revenue from 1000 new fans. Post your idea on this thread and lets see how close to 99 viable crowd-increasing ideas we can get.

1. for each home game there should be a "pubs and clubs of the day" offer where 40+ pub regulars / workmates / team mates get: a coach to the ground,a pre match meal, a seat in the main stand, free programme and a £1.00 off a pint voucher for £25.00. Plus a half price voucher for the next home game - net income to club say £12 a head
£12 x 40 = £480 x 23= £11,040 and involves a minimum of 920 people with another £736 if 10% take up the half price next game ticket (at say £8) and if a further 5% attend 5 more games the revenue would be £3450 (based on £15 per ticket)
total season revenue £14,970 or the equivalent of 998 people in the Sandy.
so come on only 98 to go!
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 21:40 - Apr 5 with 2609 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good start......trust your math.

Bring back "football special" buses from outlying areas of the Borough (L'boro Witoth and Heywood picking up on way to San Spotty)
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 23:18 - Apr 5 with 2544 viewsbilbobaggins

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 21:40 - Apr 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good start......trust your math.

Bring back "football special" buses from outlying areas of the Borough (L'boro Witoth and Heywood picking up on way to San Spotty)

put a game of free bingo on at half time for old people mecca get a few doing that lol
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 09:10 - Apr 6 with 2461 viewsDomDale

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/assets/FTFC_SeasonTicketBookletFINAL1.pdf
That

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:14 - Apr 6 with 2385 viewspcolly

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 09:10 - Apr 6 by DomDale

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/assets/FTFC_SeasonTicketBookletFINAL1.pdf
That

Is the cost of a season ticket stopping the missing 1000 from buying them? In my opinion the club could sell them half price and lose money due to the lack of new buyers whilst losing out on half the revenue the die hards would have spent.

The lack of support isn't purely down to cost.

The club has to rejuvenate the match day experience. Create a day that people actually want to be a part of.

I would look at lining up a Saturday friendly in July,an eye catching opposition if possible, entry as low as possible, promote the hell out of it with the aim to give the crowd that day as much of a good time as possible.

In the past I feel we have tried to get a big friendly lined up to make it a much needed pay day and been happy with that. We should turn it around and make it a promotional day to show off RAFC and Spotland at its best. Good atmosphere, good fun and more importantly get the fans that wouldn't normally come back for a league game actually want to. Easier said than done I appreciate.

Another idea at least.

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:30 - Apr 6 with 2371 viewsColDale

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:14 - Apr 6 by pcolly

Is the cost of a season ticket stopping the missing 1000 from buying them? In my opinion the club could sell them half price and lose money due to the lack of new buyers whilst losing out on half the revenue the die hards would have spent.

The lack of support isn't purely down to cost.

The club has to rejuvenate the match day experience. Create a day that people actually want to be a part of.

I would look at lining up a Saturday friendly in July,an eye catching opposition if possible, entry as low as possible, promote the hell out of it with the aim to give the crowd that day as much of a good time as possible.

In the past I feel we have tried to get a big friendly lined up to make it a much needed pay day and been happy with that. We should turn it around and make it a promotional day to show off RAFC and Spotland at its best. Good atmosphere, good fun and more importantly get the fans that wouldn't normally come back for a league game actually want to. Easier said than done I appreciate.

Another idea at least.

in terms of friendlies, there was a rather bizarrely decent idea on the Bury board recently about bringing back the old Lancashire cup for pre-season. Maybe it vanished as a couple of the teams went all bertie big bóllocks in the Premiership, but from memory, we had decent opposition, decent crowds as healthy number of away fans and something more competitive than the current friendlies we've had in recent years. I don't think Police costs would diminish the possibility as surely we play in friendlier days than the back end of the 80s.

Two groups of four, with a game pencilled in for the two group winners. I'm sure there's enough localish teams based in Lancs to host this.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:52 - Apr 6 with 2348 viewsD_Alien

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:30 - Apr 6 by ColDale

in terms of friendlies, there was a rather bizarrely decent idea on the Bury board recently about bringing back the old Lancashire cup for pre-season. Maybe it vanished as a couple of the teams went all bertie big bóllocks in the Premiership, but from memory, we had decent opposition, decent crowds as healthy number of away fans and something more competitive than the current friendlies we've had in recent years. I don't think Police costs would diminish the possibility as surely we play in friendlier days than the back end of the 80s.

Two groups of four, with a game pencilled in for the two group winners. I'm sure there's enough localish teams based in Lancs to host this.

Great idea.

For me, they can do away with the tinpot JPT games and schedule semis and a final with evening ko's during September / October.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 12:03 - Apr 6 with 2334 viewspcolly

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:52 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

Great idea.

For me, they can do away with the tinpot JPT games and schedule semis and a final with evening ko's during September / October.

Agreed

Sounds like a perfect platform on which to promote the club before the new season.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 13:12 - Apr 6 with 2296 viewsStudiousDale

3. Change the turnstiles to electronic ones and start tracking attendances better. Use a loyalty scheme, and introduce rewards at different increments such as 10,100,250,500 games. If you buy a season ticket that automatically adds 23 to your tally.

Get a new person to come, and if after 10 games he receives a free Rochdale away shirt then it a) makes the option of coming to the Dale as a newbie more attractive and b) encourages them to keep coming after those 10 games.

100 games it could be a free matchday meal package or similar and then for 500 make them VIP guest and give them a box for the game with a signed shirt presentation on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 13:46 - Apr 6 with 2276 viewsfunkkk

There seems to be a school of thought that our pricing is pretty irrelevant as those that want to come will continue to pay through the nose. We need initiatives and promotions linked in with cheaper match day prices. It's all well and good getting people in for one off games but you aren't going to get people hooked after one game (even if we win 5-0!) and who in their right mind would come back and pay £18 for L2 football?!

We should be pushing season tickets now and be banging the drum everywhere around town. Introduce direct debit payments FFS!

Introduce online ticketing and use people's email addresses!

Utilise social media/local press & radio; it's 2013!!

League 2 football isn't a product that will sell itself the sooner our archaic board realise that the better!!
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 14:16 - Apr 6 with 2250 viewsDale57

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 11:52 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

Great idea.

I mentioned this idea a few weeks ago on here and maybe a Lanc's Yorks cup competition but someone mentioned the police bill.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 15:59 - Apr 6 with 2218 viewswindowsbug

Not being able to use a credit card to purchase a season ticket won't help. Then being charged over 4 quid to use your debit card is ridiculous.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 17:15 - Apr 6 with 2170 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Beating Fleetwood 3-0 away.......that should get em flocking back. Great result today.

Winning really is everything.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 19:10 - Apr 6 with 2121 views49thseason

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 17:15 - Apr 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Beating Fleetwood 3-0 away.......that should get em flocking back. Great result today.

Winning really is everything.

I think winning on Wednesday will do more for future home crowds. But you are correct in that a winning team will do wonders for the cash situation. The thing is to figure a way to attract new, long-term fans and not just the fair weather occasional visitors.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 19:48 - Apr 6 with 2100 viewsIcelandDale

Rochdale's untapped huge Asian community. Discuss.
99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 19:54 - Apr 6 with 2082 viewsD_Alien

99 ways to attract 1000 new fans on 19:48 - Apr 6 by IcelandDale

Rochdale's untapped huge Asian community. Discuss.

No need to discuss, just read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21893570

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024