Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
calm down we're down 19:39 - Apr 7 with 1199 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone who genuinely thought we were staying up was deluded. The clincher for me was losing to Southampton at home. From that point on we were doomed.

So what now? I believe we have a great chairman and owners who are still learning but have the interests of the club at heart..

Harry has to stay
We have to get rid of the dead wood
Bring in some young, hungry players
Get the academy and training ground sorted
Update on the stadium
Win the championship

Sorted

Poll: Are we staying up?

calm down we're down on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 1185 viewsDieByYourSide

well excuse us for being human beings and therefore f*cking gutted by the last minute equaliser..

Poll: And it's hi ho

calm down we're down on 19:42 - Apr 7 with 1160 viewsGloucs_R

calm down we're down on 19:40 - Apr 7 by DieByYourSide

well excuse us for being human beings and therefore f*cking gutted by the last minute equaliser..

Sums up the season mate. No real surprise.

Poll: Are we staying up?

calm down we're down on 19:43 - Apr 7 with 1157 viewsTHEBUSH

I also hope HR stays, he knows what players will do a decent job for us, imo.

I think he wants to stay, but it might not be in his hands ?
calm down we're down on 19:46 - Apr 7 with 1135 viewsCHUBBS

Even if we'd won today we were massive odds on to go down but it would have been an enjoyable ride right up until the inevitable crash and burn.
calm down we're down on 19:47 - Apr 7 with 1123 viewsShotKneesHoop

Good night Vienna.

Maybe mid table is possible next year with the fall out.

Hope Doncaster, Bournemouth and Brentford come up.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

calm down we're down on 19:50 - Apr 7 with 1100 viewsWeaverQPR

If Redknapp stays expect more of the same spend spend spend, if your hoping for a young hungry side this won't be built by HR imo. TF will no doubt go down the big bucks route again.

@WeavQPR

calm down we're down on 19:54 - Apr 7 with 1068 viewsTHEBUSH

calm down we're down on 19:50 - Apr 7 by WeaverQPR

If Redknapp stays expect more of the same spend spend spend, if your hoping for a young hungry side this won't be built by HR imo. TF will no doubt go down the big bucks route again.

Why, what big name players will want to come to a Championship team ?
calm down we're down on 19:58 - Apr 7 with 1049 viewsbosh67

Harry will only go if he gets a really big international offer I think. Otherwise he will be given a sensible budget and the nucleus of a team that can bounce back. But there are still 18 points out there and we need 15 of them. So we can still afford to lose another game... No sweat!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

calm down we're down on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 1005 viewsPizanti

For me we were down after the Villa result and just wanted to relax and enjoy today's game pressure free whatever the out come ...still ended up with the raging hump though!
calm down we're down on 20:22 - Apr 7 with 934 viewsessextaxiboy

We havnt got a great chairman , we have a rookey well intentioned chairman who has tossed off his own money and spunked our premier league status .
calm down we're down on 20:29 - Apr 7 with 909 viewsTHEBUSH

calm down we're down on 20:22 - Apr 7 by essextaxiboy

We havnt got a great chairman , we have a rookey well intentioned chairman who has tossed off his own money and spunked our premier league status .

Were you against TF signing Hughes as manager, if so fair play to you ?
calm down we're down on 20:33 - Apr 7 with 884 viewsDesertBoot

calm down we're down on 20:22 - Apr 7 by essextaxiboy

Ah hindsight.

Wish I could be like David Watts

calm down we're down on 20:37 - Apr 7 with 866 viewsessextaxiboy

calm down we're down on 20:29 - Apr 7 by THEBUSH

Were you against TF signing Hughes as manager, if so fair play to you ?

Honestly?

I thought Hughes was a reasonable bet until he " interviewed " us . Then I thought "F**k you we are a Premier League club in the greatest city in the world and you are out of work" .

I get behind anyone at the club but after West Ham it was obvious that he didnt have a clue . He should have gone then and only the ego of a rookie chairman and a inexperienced CEO kept him in post .
calm down we're down on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 833 viewsTHEBUSH

calm down we're down on 20:37 - Apr 7 by essextaxiboy

Honestly?

I thought Hughes was a reasonable bet until he " interviewed " us . Then I thought "F**k you we are a Premier League club in the greatest city in the world and you are out of work" .

I get behind anyone at the club but after West Ham it was obvious that he didnt have a clue . He should have gone then and only the ego of a rookie chairman and a inexperienced CEO kept him in post .

Fair enough, I honestly don't know what I'd have done, probably have given Hughes the same chances as TF gave him, glad I'm not a football chairman.
calm down we're down on 23:14 - Apr 7 with 753 viewsCiderwithRsie

calm down we're down on 20:37 - Apr 7 by essextaxiboy

Honestly?

I'd agree with all of that, except that it was the LACK of ego of the chairman that kept Hughes in post. Briatore would have sacked him in no time at all, and a bigger ego than Fernandes would have taken offence at the whole "interviewing the club" b*llocks.

My guess is that what kept Hughes at the club was Fernandes's anxiety not to repeat Briatore's nonsense - maybe he'd watched the 5 Year Plan? But probably he should have done like Randy Lerner and done a handbrake turn when Hughes acted up at the interview. Easy to say with hindsight.

But I'm biased against Hughes 'cos I absolutely hated him as a player
calm down we're down on 23:40 - Apr 7 with 709 viewsJigsore

On the bright side, we might be able to nick Rhodes from BBurn when they go down. We won't end up like them at least.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

calm down we're down on 08:11 - Apr 8 with 605 viewsRanger78

I gave up after Villa
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024