Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London marathon (n/t) 09:40 - Apr 21 with 2903 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Great respect to all that is doing it today , I did it 8years ago in 3hours 50 would love to do it again even though I struggled too walk for a week afterwards lol. The atmosphere and support from the crowds is simply quite incredible and thousands get raised for good causes gonna watch it on tv now :) .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
London marathon (n/t) on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 2868 viewsrunningman75

I ran Edinburgh in 3.54 , 2 years ago. I enjoy 5 K and 10 K races the marathon is an amazing and painful experience and remember struggling with stairs for a few days afterwards. I would love to run London though currently have Achilles tendonitis.
London marathon (n/t) on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 2841 viewsted_hendrix

It's a great day out, Charlie has done 5 London's and Mrs Ted has run 2 London's, absolute respect to runners from me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

London marathon (n/t) on 17:20 - Apr 21 with 2799 viewscarrotcrunch_R

London marathon (n/t) on 12:16 - Apr 21 by ted_hendrix

It's a great day out, Charlie has done 5 London's and Mrs Ted has run 2 London's, absolute respect to runners from me.

You have one fit family there ted :) well done to both especially the mrs . Although for the the young lad that should be a piece of cake for him lol but 5 a glutten for punishment without a doubt ;).
London marathon (n/t) on 17:26 - Apr 21 with 2794 viewscarrotcrunch_R

London marathon (n/t) on 10:34 - Apr 21 by runningman75

I ran Edinburgh in 3.54 , 2 years ago. I enjoy 5 K and 10 K races the marathon is an amazing and painful experience and remember struggling with stairs for a few days afterwards. I would love to run London though currently have Achilles tendonitis.

N1 mate you have to do the London one fantastic experience at that statement is being generous to say the least the support from the crowd is just simply incredible
London marathon (n/t) on 17:31 - Apr 21 with 2791 viewsHantsR

I seem to remember Charlie running 2.59...respect!
London marathon (n/t) on 17:39 - Apr 21 with 2785 viewsLimehouseR

Saw only the one fella in a qpr top this year...
Brave man!
London marathon (n/t) on 17:42 - Apr 21 with 2784 viewscarrotcrunch_R

London marathon (n/t) on 17:31 - Apr 21 by HantsR

I seem to remember Charlie running 2.59...respect!

Absolutely huge respect although I did once pass the group of African leaders to the cheers of the crowd . Trouble was they were going in the opposite direction still sprinting and near to the finish
London marathon (n/t) on 15:26 - Apr 22 with 2709 viewsphilbozz

London marathon (n/t) on 17:39 - Apr 21 by LimehouseR

Saw only the one fella in a qpr top this year...
Brave man!

The runner in the QPR kit yesterday was me !!

I ran it 2 years ago in my QPR shirt and I'm sure Charlie mentioned seeing an 'old boy' in a QPR kit - well I did it again yesterday in my 'lucky' QPR top - the one I wore the day we were pomoted at Watford

It was such hard work but briliant fun and the support (and symapthy) along the course and from other runners was amazing - every few hundred yards someone would shout out 'U R's' which motivated me to carry on - I even got a laugh when some young 'scalliwags' in Docklands started chanting 'going down, going down' then when I crossed the finishing line, the commentator spotted my shirt and announed to everyone in the Mall that a guy in a QPR shirt is crossing the finishing line and he hoped I had had a better run than QPR's season - ha ha!!

Most people I know take up golf at 51, but why oh why, I don't know, this fat old boy took up marathon running - days like yesterday make it all worthwhile - so if you were on the 26.2 yesterday and yo ugave me a cheer - Thank You so much - it made all the difference to me !!

cheers Phil
Login to get fewer ads

London marathon (n/t) on 15:32 - Apr 22 with 2699 viewstinhead

London marathon (n/t) on 10:34 - Apr 21 by runningman75

I also ran (stumbled) Edinburgh 2 years ago, though in a time of 5hrs 26.

It is an amazing achievement for anyone who can do 26 miles.... you don't realise just how far it is until the miles are through your feet.

Not sure I could ever run another one, not sure I'm prepared to do the monumental amount of training that it takes to do another.

Puny God!

London marathon (n/t) on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 2673 viewsRunner14

My son ) did 2 hrs 35 mins yesterday---------wonder what the QPR record is ?
London marathon (n/t) on 21:45 - Apr 22 with 2632 viewsNathanNI

London marathon (n/t) on 15:57 - Apr 22 by Runner14

My son ) did 2 hrs 35 mins yesterday---------wonder what the QPR record is ?

Great effort that, top fella too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024