Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nedum Onuoha 10:25 - May 20 with 2949 viewsPhilmyRs

Ok he’s now had a few games playing at centre back, probably needs a few more, especially in games that mean something rather than ones where our fate has already been confirmed, but what’s everyone’s general views of him? Should he still be considered a full back or has he done enough to warrant a place at centre back?

My own personal view is that he’s done very well and I hope we look to play him in the middle, especially if Samba leaves. He offers pace and youth and looks to have a good head on his shoulders. Should Hill stick around for a go at the Championship, Nedium’s pace could cover for some of his limitations. Although I think in time we Hill will need replacing he will certainly be needed for the transitional period and for his experience. I don’t see Hill playing every minute of every game next year, but I certainly see him having a part to play.

Not much to cheer about this season but a definite positive from the last few games has been Nedum. Throw in Harriman at right back and Traore at left back and the defence has a bit more of a youthful look about it. Just need to get a few more leaders and good characters across the rest of the team.
Nedum Onuoha on 10:33 - May 20 with 2906 viewsJamie

If, and its a big if, we can afford to keep him he should be first choice CB next season IMO.
Nedum Onuoha on 10:42 - May 20 with 2875 viewsCharlie1

Needs a commanding person next to him as a little quiet and not dominating enough.

Plenty of potential. Not a R/B.

2:59 baby!

Nedum Onuoha on 10:53 - May 20 with 2846 viewsbosh67

Like him at CB. He looks comfortable there. Not the most talented ball player but an honest and good kid who plays with his heart of his sleeve.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nedum Onuoha on 11:13 - May 20 with 2774 viewsTacticalR

I am trying to keep an open mind about him, but I think he always looks horribly uncomfortable on the ball.

Air hostess clique

Nedum Onuoha on 13:02 - May 20 with 2642 viewsJigsore

Nedum Onuoha on 11:13 - May 20 by TacticalR

I am trying to keep an open mind about him, but I think he always looks horribly uncomfortable on the ball.

not a problem really. Not ideal but he is a centre back after all, just pass it sideways (not backwards, I don't trust Green) or hoof it
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Nedum Onuoha on 13:08 - May 20 with 2604 viewsHunterhoop

Best "defending" defender at the club, in my book (the real Chris Samba apart).

Positioning is strong, he's strong, good in the air, good tackler.

As we all know, a bit poor on the ball.

Frankly, I've had enough of ball playing defenders who can't defend (Traore, Ferdinand, Bosingwa, etc). A big CB who cleans everything out in aerial challenges is exactly what we'll need in the Championship.

Start him at CB all season and watch him grow into a top centre half for us.
Nedum Onuoha on 13:11 - May 20 with 2590 viewskingo

Nedum's form over the last few games has been on of the only positives to be gained from our performances. I think he will cope very well next season and hopefully that will set him up well for our return to the top flight.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Nedum Onuoha on 13:12 - May 20 with 2589 views18StoneOfHoop

Nedum Onuoha on 11:13 - May 20 by TacticalR

No touch?
The exception to this rule being the dribbling solo wonder goal - beats 3 men at pace - he scored in front of stunned Harding End Scum for Sunderland in 2010.

B'staard YouTube and Prem League lawyers deleted the YouTube video clip of this.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Nedum Onuoha on 13:15 - May 20 with 2572 viewsWatfordR

Nedum Onuoha on 13:08 - May 20 by Hunterhoop

Best "defending" defender at the club, in my book (the real Chris Samba apart).

Positioning is strong, he's strong, good in the air, good tackler.

As we all know, a bit poor on the ball.

Frankly, I've had enough of ball playing defenders who can't defend (Traore, Ferdinand, Bosingwa, etc). A big CB who cleans everything out in aerial challenges is exactly what we'll need in the Championship.

Start him at CB all season and watch him grow into a top centre half for us.

You're such a "punter" Hunter.

Gazza1 informed us all months ago that Onuoha isn't a CB, has never been a CB and has never played at CB before he came here.

Trust him. He's very rarely wrong you know.
Nedum Onuoha on 13:17 - May 20 with 2557 viewsstansleftfoot

Nedum 'the kid' Onuoha will be 27 years old in November and is unfortunately part of the forensically accurate planning and preparation of Mark Hughes.
Not a player I would want to trust with the swift return of QPR to the Premiership with.
I don't think Nedum Onuoha has played enough competitive football in is his career, he looks and plays just like a boy out of an Academy, i'm afraid that he's not ever going to be good enough.
Shame!
Nedum Onuoha on 13:18 - May 20 with 2552 views18StoneOfHoop

Tell me WatdordR,how does this Gazza The Oracle fellow you speak of feel about talented maverick Moroccans? Is he allergic to them?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Nedum Onuoha on 13:22 - May 20 with 2539 viewsHunterhoop

Nedum Onuoha on 13:15 - May 20 by WatfordR

You're such a "punter" Hunter.

Gazza1 informed us all months ago that Onuoha isn't a CB, has never been a CB and has never played at CB before he came here.

Trust him. He's very rarely wrong you know.

Tell me about it.

If you haven't played football at semi-pro level or above you can't possibly know anything about it. That's a rule I think.

The fact Mourinho, Wenger, Adkins, etc, either didn't play, or barely played, any semi-pro/amateur football and have proved successful managers is a complete fluke. Better focus on the Bryan Robson, Kevin Keegan and Peter Reid crew. They were great players so, by definition, must know more about football than players worse than them....oh!

Nedum Onuoha on 13:24 - May 20 with 2527 viewsCharlie1

Nedum Onuoha on 13:17 - May 20 by stansleftfoot

Nedum 'the kid' Onuoha will be 27 years old in November and is unfortunately part of the forensically accurate planning and preparation of Mark Hughes.
Not a player I would want to trust with the swift return of QPR to the Premiership with.
I don't think Nedum Onuoha has played enough competitive football in is his career, he looks and plays just like a boy out of an Academy, i'm afraid that he's not ever going to be good enough.
Shame!

Think that's harsh

However, I didn't realise he was 27 this year!

2:59 baby!

Nedum Onuoha on 13:24 - May 20 with 2526 viewsTacticalR

Nedum Onuoha on 13:22 - May 20 by Hunterhoop

Tell me about it.

If you haven't played football at semi-pro level or above you can't possibly know anything about it. That's a rule I think.

The fact Mourinho, Wenger, Adkins, etc, either didn't play, or barely played, any semi-pro/amateur football and have proved successful managers is a complete fluke. Better focus on the Bryan Robson, Kevin Keegan and Peter Reid crew. They were great players so, by definition, must know more about football than players worse than them....oh!

You forgot to mention Mark Hughes.

Air hostess clique

Nedum Onuoha on 13:35 - May 20 with 2494 viewsWatfordR

Nedum Onuoha on 13:18 - May 20 by 18StoneOfHoop

Tell me WatdordR,how does this Gazza The Oracle fellow you speak of feel about talented maverick Moroccans? Is he allergic to them?

Moroccans fall into the general group classified by gazza as "johnnies", who are able to perform flicks and tricks but who aren't actually proper footballers.

Proper footballers are people like Gary Borrowdale and Chris Barker. Who, strangely, have both played left back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024