Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys 14:04 - Jun 14 with 9576 viewsCockneyDale

I don't know how to post them here, but hopefully someone else can help.

I wouldn't predict massive sales.....
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 17:51 - Jun 14 with 1527 viewsMoonyDale

That shirt is truly awful....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:15 - Jun 14 with 1487 viewsR442D

I see what they've tried to do, but it just seems like its been put together at the last minute, well, to be honest, it has.

The sponsorship is too high up for one. It could be lowered and it seem less of an empty space towards the bottom of the shirt.

The stripes are very small also. Just seems too many on, so it could have been bulked out more.

The badge seems to have been one of those stuck on ones, instead of embodied or something?

As for the sizes.
Reece doesn't look like he's bulking out at all.
Just looks like he's wearing the size below his usual, mind he might prefer that rather than it be baggy.

Conclusion: It looks cheap and rushed.

Either way, they'll only snort at us complaining at this.

But in fairness its us who have to buy it. And complained when given the shirt choices that we didn't like any of them, instead it was a matter of "oh, well, if I have to chose one then".

Just an example of out great communications department working hard again.......
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:20 - Jun 14 with 1479 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:15 - Jun 14 by R442D

I see what they've tried to do, but it just seems like its been put together at the last minute, well, to be honest, it has.

The sponsorship is too high up for one. It could be lowered and it seem less of an empty space towards the bottom of the shirt.

The stripes are very small also. Just seems too many on, so it could have been bulked out more.

The badge seems to have been one of those stuck on ones, instead of embodied or something?

As for the sizes.
Reece doesn't look like he's bulking out at all.
Just looks like he's wearing the size below his usual, mind he might prefer that rather than it be baggy.

Conclusion: It looks cheap and rushed.

Either way, they'll only snort at us complaining at this.

But in fairness its us who have to buy it. And complained when given the shirt choices that we didn't like any of them, instead it was a matter of "oh, well, if I have to chose one then".

Just an example of out great communications department working hard again.......

Some nails on the head there.

The concerns were immediate when the choices were revealed - might try and find the thread later - but instead of using this board as a marketing tool it is too often either ignored or seen as a venue for all the moaners to assemble. In fact, we're all just trying to make things better.

I'd question why the badge has moved from a central position when the Fila logo is now near the shoulder, it makes everything look lopsided. Again, this is a specific that is often overlooked when not thinking a process through.

Here's the thread from last year: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=66721#67
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:24 - Jun 14 with 1469 viewssandylaner1

the home and away kit for the 2012/2013 season was much better

would purchase kit designed by 442dale

will bury have the same style kit as us this season then???
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:31 - Jun 14 with 1458 viewsdilligas

I'm not usually a kit buyer but I do like the look if it
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:32 - Jun 14 with 1456 viewsR442D

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:20 - Jun 14 by 442Dale

Some nails on the head there.

The concerns were immediate when the choices were revealed - might try and find the thread later - but instead of using this board as a marketing tool it is too often either ignored or seen as a venue for all the moaners to assemble. In fact, we're all just trying to make things better.

I'd question why the badge has moved from a central position when the Fila logo is now near the shoulder, it makes everything look lopsided. Again, this is a specific that is often overlooked when not thinking a process through.

Here's the thread from last year: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=66721#67

Exactly, it's because we're ignored we press the issue until we look like we're moaning.

Agreed however; we've had some awful marketing and fan ideas' on here.
But the same time, we've had some fantastic ones' too.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should be sacked within the club, but I have to question "is their even a job with the title of 'communications department' within the club?"

Because if we're continually ignored with the belief that we will buy into any old rubbish, then I assure you, my money will only go to pay for the seat in the ground.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:55 - Jun 14 with 1422 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:24 - Jun 14 by sandylaner1

the home and away kit for the 2012/2013 season was much better

would purchase kit designed by 442dale

will bury have the same style kit as us this season then???

Wouldn't say I'm one for design, but knowing what a kit should incorporate whilst being practical and looking good is a simple enough task if the following are considered:

- brand. We have a unique colour scheme in English football, build on it.
- history. Keep the kits, home and away, loyal to the club and brand.
- ensure thought is given to opponents so there is NEVER a clash when choosing an away kit. Needing a third kit is a failure of the whole process. Look at Villa's new kit, their away shirt has blackcurrant (f'n purple again) and white quarters. Their home kit is claret FFS.
- add something each year to create a selling point, in the end that's the main purpose of a new kit - to bring in money. eg introducing a sash (see classic Palace kits) a yellow away kit with blue & black sash.
The blue & black sells itself if kept simple (see brand) but changes can be made and then voted on, but always offer simple blue and black stripes as an option with a good design (see last season's kit).

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:29 - Jun 14 with 1386 viewsShun

As I said when the sponsor was originally announced, the logo looks horrific.

It looks better than I imagined though. It would look better still with black shorts.
Login to get fewer ads

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:35 - Jun 14 with 1376 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:29 - Jun 14 by Shun

As I said when the sponsor was originally announced, the logo looks horrific.

It looks better than I imagined though. It would look better still with black shorts.

See staying loyal to history. We should have some white in the kit, and black shorts would remove the main link to that. It would also look far too dark.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:40 - Jun 14 with 1373 viewsShun

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:35 - Jun 14 by 442Dale

See staying loyal to history. We should have some white in the kit, and black shorts would remove the main link to that. It would also look far too dark.

I don't think it would look too dark. Inter Milan's always look excellent and they have black shorts perennially.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:45 - Jun 14 with 1363 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:40 - Jun 14 by Shun

I don't think it would look too dark. Inter Milan's always look excellent and they have black shorts perennially.

But we're Rochdale. Our colours are blue, black and white - see the brand!

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:52 - Jun 14 with 1350 viewsThreeLions

Fookin Horrible
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:56 - Jun 14 with 1346 viewsfunkkk

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:45 - Jun 14 by 442Dale

But we're Rochdale. Our colours are blue, black and white - see the brand!

The blue and black brand is only a few years old I hardly think changing to clearly far superior looking black shorts would have a massive impact on that. Hardly like we market out brand properly anyway and these abominations are hardly going to help.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 20:07 - Jun 14 with 1329 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 19:56 - Jun 14 by funkkk

The blue and black brand is only a few years old I hardly think changing to clearly far superior looking black shorts would have a massive impact on that. Hardly like we market out brand properly anyway and these abominations are hardly going to help.

Opinion will always be split on these things of course, but problems begin when the basics are changed. To the club's credit since 2008 we have had six home kits, each has seen a blue and black shirt, white shorts, blue/black socks. The brand and history have been adhered to in this case.

Don't forget we changed to a predominantly blue body of the shirt in 10-11 and 11-12, but by combining that with black pinstripes and black sleeve, we came up with a different and effective use of the colour scheme. It also helps to explain why this year's shirt doesn't work as well - black sleeves with thin stripes means blue is no longer predominant... and we're back to history again.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 20:22 - Jun 14 with 1302 viewsrafc1984

Ive compared the pics, and as far as I can see, it's the same kit that won the poll, the stripes are the same, even the sponsors logo is higher up the shirt. Apart from the the badge being moved of course.

Should be end of, but i'll go for 8 pages!
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:20 - Jun 14 with 1185 viewsPDIDDY

Wow,wow,wow, at least it's the same colour, a club who's had more kit changes since the 70s than tvos has changed his knickers

Gissa job

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:31 - Jun 14 with 1168 views442Dale

We've gone from blue to white shirts on three separate occasions, the third time lasted less than half a season - the club has worn white previously. The Centenary kit made sense and then there was the decision to go with blue and black which we've consistently stuck with since.

Bury went from white and royal blue to white and navy in the 80s, then back to white and royal blue in the mid 90s, they also had a special anniversary kit.

Both clubs made mistakes.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:40 - Jun 14 with 1152 viewsBrighouseDale

I don't understand why some people are so concerned about the shorts. Everyone remembers the shirt but who really pays such close attention to the bottom half? As long as they're black or white and not orange / green / pink, I don't think it really matters. THE SHIRT on the other hand...

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:45 - Jun 14 with 1142 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:40 - Jun 14 by BrighouseDale

I don't understand why some people are so concerned about the shorts. Everyone remembers the shirt but who really pays such close attention to the bottom half? As long as they're black or white and not orange / green / pink, I don't think it really matters. THE SHIRT on the other hand...

The shorts impact the overall look of the kit and can also affect the game when you're watching it. With our white/blue/white away kit games against teams that wear blue/white/blue become a mishmash of the same colours. It's one reason why World Cups see teams wearing kits of all one colour (France wearing all blue and all white).

For an example of what Fila could have provided, see the link below. The stripes are basic yet work very well, and that white kit with a blue and black sash would have been better than the one we got.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/13/14-kits/afc-bournemouth-2013-2014-fila-fo

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:51 - Jun 14 with 1129 viewsPDIDDY

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:31 - Jun 14 by 442Dale

We've gone from blue to white shirts on three separate occasions, the third time lasted less than half a season - the club has worn white previously. The Centenary kit made sense and then there was the decision to go with blue and black which we've consistently stuck with since.

Bury went from white and royal blue to white and navy in the 80s, then back to white and royal blue in the mid 90s, they also had a special anniversary kit.

Both clubs made mistakes.

Our shirt colour has been white for donkeys( apart from the brown and blue) dales has changed numerous times, I preferred dales all blue shirt, who the f@k am I to pass judgement?

Gissa job

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:10 - Jun 14 with 1111 viewssandylaner1

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:20 - Jun 14 by PDIDDY

Wow,wow,wow, at least it's the same colour, a club who's had more kit changes since the 70s than tvos has changed his knickers

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:14 - Jun 14 with 1104 viewssandylaner1

that Bournemouth kit is much nicer, like the sash

ah well its too late now lol
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:40 - Jun 14 with 1071 viewsTalkingSutty

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 18:55 - Jun 14 by 442Dale

Wouldn't say I'm one for design, but knowing what a kit should incorporate whilst being practical and looking good is a simple enough task if the following are considered:

- brand. We have a unique colour scheme in English football, build on it.
- history. Keep the kits, home and away, loyal to the club and brand.
- ensure thought is given to opponents so there is NEVER a clash when choosing an away kit. Needing a third kit is a failure of the whole process. Look at Villa's new kit, their away shirt has blackcurrant (f'n purple again) and white quarters. Their home kit is claret FFS.
- add something each year to create a selling point, in the end that's the main purpose of a new kit - to bring in money. eg introducing a sash (see classic Palace kits) a yellow away kit with blue & black sash.
The blue & black sells itself if kept simple (see brand) but changes can be made and then voted on, but always offer simple blue and black stripes as an option with a good design (see last season's kit).

I dont think Rhys Bennett was the right choice when it came to modelling the kit, imagine that on Jonah
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:44 - Jun 14 with 1068 viewsroccydaleian

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:49 - Jun 14 by olympicdale

One of the worst ones in recent years, doesnt help with a massive bright red logo plastered over the front, jus my opinion, like.

Not like you to moan O.D. As it happens i agree though, not keen on this one at all.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:47 - Jun 14 with 1066 viewsroccydaleian

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:20 - Jun 14 by PDIDDY

Pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024