Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys 14:04 - Jun 14 with 9863 viewsCockneyDale

I don't know how to post them here, but hopefully someone else can help.

I wouldn't predict massive sales.....
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 12:31 - Jun 15 with 1360 viewsG_Dale

Don't really like the look of the new kit. 50/50 if I buy it or not.

From the picture it looks similar style/qualoty to the one a few seasons ago that all the logos fell off in the wash. Ill have to wait and see how it actually looks/feels in the shop

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 13:59 - Jun 15 with 1292 viewsolympicdale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 11:42 - Jun 15 by funkkk

Well I've spoken to 11 other dale fans who don't like it...

Seriously if you think kit sales are the same regardless of quality of kit you are deluded.

I dont know why we suddenly felt we had to bring out a new kit almost every season now. Gone are the days when you could rely on a kit being the same for a few years, what was so wrong with staying with last seasons kit, which was, in my opinion one of the best ones we've had since Nike, and just changing the sponsors.

Life is a game of fate.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:00 - Jun 15 with 1290 viewsroccydaleian

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 12:31 - Jun 15 by G_Dale

Don't really like the look of the new kit. 50/50 if I buy it or not.

From the picture it looks similar style/qualoty to the one a few seasons ago that all the logos fell off in the wash. Ill have to wait and see how it actually looks/feels in the shop

First time ever roccy jnr has not wanted the new home shirt.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:11 - Jun 15 with 1280 viewssandylaner1

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 13:59 - Jun 15 by olympicdale

I dont know why we suddenly felt we had to bring out a new kit almost every season now. Gone are the days when you could rely on a kit being the same for a few years, what was so wrong with staying with last seasons kit, which was, in my opinion one of the best ones we've had since Nike, and just changing the sponsors.

dis.

yes the club are always having to maintain and create revenue streams but there comes a point when they might not even sell enough shirts to break even with this constant change
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:11 - Jun 15 with 1280 viewsDaley_Lama

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 09:10 - Jun 15 by 442Dale

On the link posted by Col on page one, why doesn't the vote for each kit add up to 100%? Surely those who voted did so for both kits and thus the percentages for the home and away would be 100%?

As it is, the percentages for all six options add up to 100%; 51% of votes on the three home options and 49% on the three away choices.

Could the resident mathematicians on here explain this.

The slight discrepancy will be down to rounding, no decimal places, nearest whole number.

33.33 + 33.33 + 33.33 = 100

Rounded

33 + 33 + 33 = 99

At the time the results came out the opinion on here was different to that of the poll, see link below. The same still evidently applies

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=68086#36

Poll: DF in or out

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:25 - Jun 15 with 1270 views442Dale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:11 - Jun 15 by sandylaner1

dis.

yes the club are always having to maintain and create revenue streams but there comes a point when they might not even sell enough shirts to break even with this constant change

While we might not agree with it, it's the norm across football to change kits every year now. Dale can't be blamed for doing the same.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:27 - Jun 15 with 1265 viewsolympicdale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:11 - Jun 15 by sandylaner1

dis.

you can only fleece fans so long, and especially at this level. We used to slate Man United for bringing out a new kit every 5mins, now we're doing the same almost.

Life is a game of fate.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:33 - Jun 15 with 1257 viewsChaffRAFC

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:27 - Jun 15 by olympicdale

you can only fleece fans so long, and especially at this level. We used to slate Man United for bringing out a new kit every 5mins, now we're doing the same almost.

It's not just us though, everybody does it now. Plus, we were left with no option but to change all kits this year because of the new sponsor.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:54 - Jun 15 with 1231 viewsolympicdale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:33 - Jun 15 by ChaffRAFC

It's not just us though, everybody does it now. Plus, we were left with no option but to change all kits this year because of the new sponsor.

I know it isn't just us, its across the whole football sector, but that doesn't mean it is right for the fans.

Life is a game of fate.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 21:56 - Jun 15 with 1143 viewsShun

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 11:24 - Jun 15 by Stockyhargreave

Why will we miss out on a 'large' portion?

Just because people on here voice a dislike doesn't mean the rest of the fans who don't post on here agree.

There's 10 or so people on here who don't like it. I have spoke to 10 or so other Dale fans who don't post on here who do like it.

Whatever the club did the usuals would have found some way to have a pop and general moan.(As stated before I do agree with some of these moans as certain areas of the club are in need of serious improvement)

Kit sales will be at a similar as they are every year, some people will like a kit and some people won't.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I agree to an extent. It just depends on whether you see this board as an accurate microcosm of the Dale fanbase as a whole. While the general consensus on here isn't too positive, I've spoken to quite a few people who never come on here who like it.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:04 - Jun 15 with 1134 viewsisitme

I usually buy both shirts but this year I am not going to bother as they are awful. I bought the england shirt instead.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:11 - Jun 15 with 1125 viewsroccydaleian

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:04 - Jun 15 by isitme

I usually buy both shirts but this year I am not going to bother as they are awful. I bought the england shirt instead.

The one that looks like a German shirt?
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:19 - Jun 15 with 1117 viewsisitme

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:11 - Jun 15 by roccydaleian

The one that looks like a German shirt?

Or a USA shirt?
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:25 - Jun 15 with 1114 viewsR442D

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 04:00 - Jun 15 by AtThePeake

442 is so god damn right it hurts.

And it's not even like it's difficult. It's just obvious stuff.

If the sponsor was lower down, in the a colour that didn't make it look ridiculous and cheap (white) and the badge was central, that would be a very smart kit. How hard would that have been? Who actually think the kit looks better with the sponsor in red and pushed up so high and the badge at the side? It's not a massive issue. But it's so bloody simple to get right, and yet the club still can't. I was considering purchasing after seeing the original photo, but now I won't.

With regards to people 'choosing' that kit, other people have mentioned how it was the best of a bad bunch. I personally think the one that's chosen could have been quite smart - but the other two were truly horrible. As for the white away one, I'm not a fan of playing in Bury colours, but the black would have clashed with the home kit and that yellow kit was the most gaudy, Sunday-league looking shirt I've ever seen. We were left with no choice.

Cheers.

It is simple though, if they want our money from more than just seats, then start to listen to things that we want.

I'm not suggesting that our ideas can't be taken, changed and given as alternatives, if anything that would be a major improvement.

Just isn't it better to give a product that fans can buy into, that's been partly designed by them?
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:59 - Jun 15 with 1098 viewsmacro

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 22:04 - Jun 15 by isitme

that ones even worse!
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 01:44 - Jun 16 with 1063 viewsolympicdale

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 23:42 - Jun 14 by TVOS1907

Those Bournemouth kits are excellent, tbf.

Those kits are indeed excellent, the away kit is especially good. Why have we not worked to get those sort of templates, it just seems that our 3 designs were friday night jobs.

still, it could be worse....

Life is a game of fate.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 02:00 - Jun 16 with 1059 viewsAtThePeake

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 01:44 - Jun 16 by olympicdale

Those kits are indeed excellent, the away kit is especially good. Why have we not worked to get those sort of templates, it just seems that our 3 designs were friday night jobs.

Stevie G's face says it all.

Tangled up in blue.

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 10:19 - Jun 16 with 1008 viewsRalphs12

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 01:44 - Jun 16 by olympicdale

At least that kit keeps the main foundations of a shirt, ok the very bottom of it is 'different' but the badge and sponsor logos have at least been positioned in a suitable spot.

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd buy that shirt.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 12:02 - Jun 16 with 987 viewsTomRAFC

The shirt looks very poor indeed.

I was reserving judgment whether to go for the new kit or the vintage all in one shirt from toffs. It's a pretty easy choice now.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 11:38 - Jun 17 with 922 viewsMass_Debater

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 10:53 - Jun 15 by Stockyhargreave

Talk about drama.

442Dale as always whinging and having a pop wherever possible about anything he can. (Nit picking about percentages FFS!)

People complaining that the sponsor is on the shirt is in the colour that the sponsor would want it to be.

Yes the club could have taken a better approach to this (and most things in general) but the kit isn't as bad as everyone is making out. Had we gone for Bournemouths kit in our colours I guarantee people would complain we had just copied that design.

If you don't want to buy the kit then don't but bear in mind that this is less revenue for the club.

Typical case of the usual few who seem to think they speak for the majority of Dale fans and that their opinion is more worthy.

Missing the point and not understanding the point in the space of one post takes some doing.
New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 14:00 - Jun 17 with 845 viewsStockyhargreave

New kit pics are on twitter, modelled by Rhys on 11:38 - Jun 17 by Mass_Debater

Missing the point and not understanding the point in the space of one post takes some doing.

I fully understand the point regarding revenue and could have articulated my point with more clarity.

The point still remains that some will like it and some won't.

I haven't bought a top since centenary season but will be doing this year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024