Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting x11 19:16 - Jun 21 with 3765 viewsDale23years

Apart from JK and Grant what would your starting 11 be

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Starting x11 on 19:25 - Jun 21 with 2944 viewsChaffRAFC

I wont include Kennedy but I will include Grant because there will be a fair chance he'll go towards the end of the transfer window if he does go:

...................................Lillis......................................

Rafferty..............Eastham.............Lancashire..............Rose
..................................Cavanagh.................................
..........................Lund...............................................
.............................................Tutte...........................
Henderson.............................................................Grant
..................................Donnelly....................................

Bench: Collis, Tanser, Hery, Vincenti, Gray, Hogan, Bunney

No Rhys Bennett because of injury but he'd be my starting right back ahead of Rafferty I think so Tanser would drop from the bench in that case.

Vincenti could come in for Grant if and when he leaves us.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Starting x11 on 19:31 - Jun 21 with 2904 viewsSaxonDale

Haven't seen the majority of them play, but Chaff's team looks decent, presume Hill will find a place in the 18 for Hogan though.
Starting x11 on 19:32 - Jun 21 with 2896 viewsfitzochris

Starting x11 on 19:25 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

I wont include Kennedy but I will include Grant because there will be a fair chance he'll go towards the end of the transfer window if he does go:

No Rhys Bennett because of injury but he'd be my starting right back ahead of Rafferty I think so Tanser would drop from the bench in that case.

Looks strong. I guess Hogan and Hery being unknown quantities makes them hard to place at this stage.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Starting x11 on 19:40 - Jun 21 with 2878 viewsChaffRAFC

Starting x11 on 19:31 - Jun 21 by SaxonDale

Haven't seen the majority of them play, but Chaff's team looks decent, presume Hill will find a place in the 18 for Hogan though.

Completely forgot Hogan in fairness so I've edited him in for Abadaki.

Starting x11 on 19:42 - Jun 21 with 2867 views442Dale

Starting x11 on 19:40 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

Completely forgot Hogan in fairness so I've edited him in for Abadaki.

That's coz you hate Hulkamania.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting x11 on 19:44 - Jun 21 with 2857 viewsrochdalex

Starting x11 on 19:25 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

I think chaffs team also looks about right to me as well although this worries me if we don't have Grant.

Unknown centre halves, I wasn't that impressed with Rafferty although Rose looked decent.

In midfield I definitely like Tutte and Henderson looked good most of the time but Cavanagh was hot and cold.

Going forward is most worrying without Grant we look poor, especially if we are relying on Donnelly (hope he proves me wrong)

We definitely need to replace Grant and bring in a few more.
But I trust Hill will do this including his usual decent loan deals.
Starting x11 on 19:45 - Jun 21 with 2856 viewsChaffRAFC

Starting x11 on 19:42 - Jun 21 by 442Dale

That's coz you hate Hulkamania.

I do in fairness. Was always a big Bret Hart fan. Didn't subscribe to Hulkamania.

Starting x11 on 20:28 - Jun 21 with 2794 viewsRoChDaLe

LILLIS

RAFFERTY BENNETT EASTHAM ROSE

CAVANAGH

TUTTE LUND

VINCENTI HENDERSON

DONNELLY

ps. im really hoping for a good addition like matt done and another striker who can play the target man role.. Marlon Harewood was mentioned but unrealistic.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Login to get fewer ads

Starting x11 on 20:35 - Jun 21 with 2772 viewsChaffRAFC

Starting x11 on 20:28 - Jun 21 by RoChDaLe

LILLIS

RAFFERTY BENNETT EASTHAM ROSE

CAVANAGH

TUTTE LUND

VINCENTI HENDERSON

DONNELLY

ps. im really hoping for a good addition like matt done and another striker who can play the target man role.. Marlon Harewood was mentioned but unrealistic.

That's 12 players for a start. Plus, Bennett wont be back for the season starting. He's completely wasted at centre back I reckon as well.

Starting x11 on 20:39 - Jun 21 with 2760 viewsRoChDaLe

Starting x11 on 20:35 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

That's 12 players for a start. Plus, Bennett wont be back for the season starting. He's completely wasted at centre back I reckon as well.

apologies, meant to take out gray. Plus theres no more places in the team for bennett. he can't play rb because Rafferty showed a lot of promise for his first full season so it'd be unfair to push him out.

Starting x11 on 20:43 - Jun 21 with 2738 viewsChaffRAFC

Starting x11 on 20:39 - Jun 21 by RoChDaLe

apologies, meant to take out gray. Plus theres no more places in the team for bennett. he can't play rb because Rafferty showed a lot of promise for his first full season so it'd be unfair to push him out.

I know but then you leave Lancashire out. Rafferty may have to be patient given his age. He'll have played a lot more than anyone would have imagined last season and although he did well, I think Bennett is the stronger of the two and you can't just include someone because they don't deserve to be dropped. I doubt Bennett will start the season because he'll be out injured for all of pre-season anyway.

Starting x11 on 21:10 - Jun 21 with 2689 viewsRoChDaLe

Starting x11 on 20:43 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

I know but then you leave Lancashire out. Rafferty may have to be patient given his age. He'll have played a lot more than anyone would have imagined last season and although he did well, I think Bennett is the stronger of the two and you can't just include someone because they don't deserve to be dropped. I doubt Bennett will start the season because he'll be out injured for all of pre-season anyway.

i cant make a judgement on lancashire to be fair, never seem him play. the only concern for me is experience and we are definately lacking it in the side especially now kennedy is expected to leave.

Starting x11 on 21:12 - Jun 21 with 2684 viewsolympicdale

.........................Lillis..............................

Raffa.........Eastham.......Lanky..........Rose......

.........................Cavanagh........................

..................Lund.................Tutte.....................

Vincenti...........................................Henderson....

...........................Georgie.............................

Life is a game of fate.

Starting x11 on 21:49 - Jun 21 with 2650 viewsBrierls

As things stand, I'd go with...

...................Lillis.....................
Rafferty...Lancashire...Eastham...Rose
................Cavanagh..................
.............Tutte.......Vincenti..........
......Henderson.............Grant........
................Donnelly....................

I know very little about Hery, Lund or Hogan.

I expect Grant to still be here at the start of the season, but if he isn't move Vincenti into the Grant role and bring in Lund or Hery, or repace Grant with Grant's replacement!
Starting x11 on 05:45 - Jun 22 with 2515 viewsdavidab2202

Surely with so many "new " players both from within and arriving over the close season in our squad,this sort of posting of a starting eleven for the opening match is based on what has been read about them rather then any real knowledge of their ability.Lets leave it to KH to get it right as I'm sure he will.
Starting x11 on 07:19 - Jun 22 with 2497 viewsdale1996

mine would be..
Lillis
Rafferty Eastham Lancy Rose
Cavanagh Lund
Hogan Vincenti Henderson
Donelly
Starting x11 on 09:56 - Jun 22 with 2414 viewselectricblue

Looking at all the possible line ips makes it an exciting season ahead.....
Also i think a top three maybe on the cards...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Starting x11 on 10:47 - Jun 22 with 2375 viewsfitzochris

Starting x11 on 09:56 - Jun 22 by electricblue

Looking at all the possible line ips makes it an exciting season ahead.....
Also i think a top three maybe on the cards...

steady now...

Starting x11 on 11:21 - Jun 22 with 2349 viewselectricblue

Can only live in hope fitz..
Could have warned me it you where leaving the rain behind..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Starting x11 on 11:25 - Jun 22 with 2341 viewsfitzochris

Starting x11 on 11:21 - Jun 22 by electricblue

Can only live in hope fitz..
Could have warned me it you where leaving the rain behind..

Haha, I did warn you. Glorious sunshine all week and started pishing on Friday morn, so we packed up and fooked off.

Starting x11 on 14:54 - Jun 22 with 2238 viewsColDale

It genuinely feels like we've signed too many players. I was astonished to hear Hill say that we're still under budget for the season. I know he likes to keep some back for the last week in August, but we just seem to have a squad that is beyond full, and there's going to be some very disappointed footballers once the season starts and they're not in the team. I couldn't even attempt to put a starting XI together.

I do hope with all these signings that it doesn't prevent the youth players coming through. There was some real talent on show in that Plymouth game.
Starting x11 on 14:58 - Jun 22 with 2226 viewsSalwaDale

Starting x11 on 14:54 - Jun 22 by ColDale

It genuinely feels like we've signed too many players. I was astonished to hear Hill say that we're still under budget for the season. I know he likes to keep some back for the last week in August, but we just seem to have a squad that is beyond full, and there's going to be some very disappointed footballers once the season starts and they're not in the team. I couldn't even attempt to put a starting XI together.

I do hope with all these signings that it doesn't prevent the youth players coming through. There was some real talent on show in that Plymouth game.

But if you look through the squad a very good number of those are very young players who I doubt have much of a part to play, other than developing.

TBBT

Starting x11 on 15:04 - Jun 22 with 2221 viewsColDale

Starting x11 on 14:58 - Jun 22 by SalwaDale

But if you look through the squad a very good number of those are very young players who I doubt have much of a part to play, other than developing.

Of course, and there's complete faith that Hill knows what he is doing. It's just with the likes of Cav, Vincenti, Lund,Tutte, BBM, Hery and Camps all competing for those midfield spots, some might struggle to even get on the bench. Wouldn't even surprise me if Hill had us going all Spanish and playing without a centre forward.
Starting x11 on 15:06 - Jun 22 with 2218 viewsSalwaDale

Starting x11 on 15:04 - Jun 22 by ColDale

Of course, and there's complete faith that Hill knows what he is doing. It's just with the likes of Cav, Vincenti, Lund,Tutte, BBM, Hery and Camps all competing for those midfield spots, some might struggle to even get on the bench. Wouldn't even surprise me if Hill had us going all Spanish and playing without a centre forward.

Looking at those, I don't expect to see BBM play for us again, I doubt Camps will get a look in until the last game of the season, I'm expecting Hery to develop rather than play, Cav deep, Lund slightly higher with Tutte and Vincenti being two possibilities behind the strikers.

TBBT

Starting x11 on 16:04 - Jun 22 with 2189 viewsTalkingSutty

Starting x11 on 15:06 - Jun 22 by SalwaDale

Looking at those, I don't expect to see BBM play for us again, I doubt Camps will get a look in until the last game of the season, I'm expecting Hery to develop rather than play, Cav deep, Lund slightly higher with Tutte and Vincenti being two possibilities behind the strikers.

Agree regarding BBM but he will be there in case of any injury crisis. The player who i am looking to continue with his progress under Hill is Donnelly, was his form over the last dozen games a flash in the pan or does he have the capacity to push on and continue to imrpove ? Its a massive season for GD.

I like the look of the squad but with the departure of Grant we have to be looking at bringing in an experienced frontman. Looking at the various starting elevens it seems obvious that we could be short of a goalscorer, unless Hilly feels he can convert Henderson into that man !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024