Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool fan in peace 18:33 - Jul 18 with 6474 viewsseasider

Hi all,just wanted to know a bit more about Bobby Grant who we've just signed from you on a two year deal for 220k,what's his strengths and weaknesses? will he cut it in the Championship?

All the very best for the season ahead lads,who knows we might be seeing Blackpool v Rochdale soon if our pathetic excuse of a chairman carries on destroying our club.
Blackpool fan in peace on 18:41 - Jul 18 with 4476 viewssandylaner1

dat

left foot
Blackpool fan in peace on 18:46 - Jul 18 with 4433 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Probably best described as a left footed right winger, who's trade mark is to cut inside and produce a curler, often resulting in a goal.

Comes with a bit of baggage, Steve Gerrard incident a few years ago, petulant yellow and red cards, plus he is currently awaiting trial for an alleged racist comment to a fellow pro.

I would have thought that Championship defenders will stop him cutting in, and make him go on the outside.

I'd say he's a L1 player at best, but wish him well, because he is willing to put a shift in.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Blackpool fan in peace on 18:48 - Jul 18 with 4417 viewsBrierls

Undoubted talent, and a wand of a left foot. He's very dangerous cutting inside from the right. If you keep him happy he'll work his socks off. He's got a dodgy temperament, so he'll keep the Championship referees busy too.

Was surprised to see Blackpool take a punt to be honest, especially for £220K. He hardly set the world alight in the Championship with Scunny, and the same could be said for League One, but he wasn't a happy chappy so that would have affected his game. He was accused of racially abusing a Dagenham & Redbridge player last season (on Kick Racism Out day!), and is due to go on trial soon. Playing under Paul Ince may actually strengthen his defence, so it's a good move for Bobby for a few reasons!
Blackpool fan in peace on 18:49 - Jul 18 with 4409 viewsseasider

Seems a better deal for you guys than us,the fee is definitely above the 200k mark with add ons.
Blackpool fan in peace on 18:52 - Jul 18 with 4385 viewsboffley

Blackpool fan in peace on 18:49 - Jul 18 by seasider

Seems a better deal for you guys than us,the fee is definitely above the 200k mark with add ons.

Is that 200k with add ons or 200k plus add ons?
Blackpool fan in peace on 19:04 - Jul 18 with 4326 viewsBrierls

Blackpool fan in peace on 18:49 - Jul 18 by seasider

There's every chance Bobby Grant will do a job for you, so long as you can get keep him on the pitch. He'll be up against much better defenders in the Championship, but the lad really has got a bit of quality and great workrate. I didn't think GTF would be Championship class, but he went one better and did a decent job in the Premiership!

I read that Tope Obadeyi is on trial and has been one of the more impressive triallists? Sorry but there's no positives to be taken from that, in fact it rings all sorts of alarm bells! Combine that with the managerial ability of Paul Ince and I can't see anything other than a nightmare season for you guys.
Blackpool fan in peace on 19:08 - Jul 18 with 4289 viewsseasider

Blackpool fan in peace on 18:52 - Jul 18 by boffley

Is that 200k with add ons or 200k plus add ons?

I've been told from a reliable source up here it's 200k up front plus add-ons,not sure what kind of add-ons was put into the deal,but if i had to have a guess it would be if we went up you'd get a small fee.

The way things are going up here we are going the opposite way,so i doubt you'd be getting anymore money anytime soon.

The fee you rejected from us first time was 135k apparently.
Blackpool fan in peace on 19:12 - Jul 18 with 4263 viewsfitzochris

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:08 - Jul 18 by seasider

I've been told from a reliable source up here it's 200k up front plus add-ons,not sure what kind of add-ons was put into the deal,but if i had to have a guess it would be if we went up you'd get a small fee.

The way things are going up here we are going the opposite way,so i doubt you'd be getting anymore money anytime soon.

The fee you rejected from us first time was 135k apparently.

£200k is a decent sum. Even given Scunthorpe's alleged hefty sell-on clause we'll have made our money back and a bit of profit.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:22 - Jul 18 with 4231 viewsChaffRAFC

With regards the fee, I'd imagine that Scunthorpe's sell on clause is 25%, we wouldn't agree to any more than that I don't think. Why pay so much (allegedly) for a player and then make pittance when selling him on. The sell on clause will be around 25% which is normal for us (Alfie, Buckley, Dawson, O'Grady, Lambert etc were all around this mark) and allows us to make a good profit from him.

As for the Blackpool fans question, you've got a cracking player with bags of ability. The problem you'll have is keeping him on the pitch. He's a goalscoring wide man with an absolute wand of a left foot but it becomes annoying seeing him banned for 10 games a season.

I'm a tad surprised that he'll be playing Championship football, would have thought he was a top end League One player but I reckon if you can keep him sensible (not running thirty yards having just lost the ball purely to dive in two footed which seemed a likely outcome in every game!), he'll do well.

Failing that, we'll happily have him back on loan if you like.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:22 - Jul 18 with 4230 viewsseasider

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:04 - Jul 18 by Brierls

There's every chance Bobby Grant will do a job for you, so long as you can get keep him on the pitch. He'll be up against much better defenders in the Championship, but the lad really has got a bit of quality and great workrate. I didn't think GTF would be Championship class, but he went one better and did a decent job in the Premiership!

I read that Tope Obadeyi is on trial and has been one of the more impressive triallists? Sorry but there's no positives to be taken from that, in fact it rings all sorts of alarm bells! Combine that with the managerial ability of Paul Ince and I can't see anything other than a nightmare season for you guys.

To be fair Brierls,Ince was thrown in at the deep-end and did a brilliant job in keeping us in the Championship last season as the only way we was going under Appleton was down,we ended the season in promotion form which is a credit to both him and Alex Rae.

This season unfortunately i fear the worst,we've lost the majority of the team that made us a success over the years,our chairman's only intention is to suck whatever money that's coming into the club (parachute payments) back out into his family's personal accounts,we operate on a league 1 budget.
Blackpool fan in peace on 19:23 - Jul 18 with 4228 viewsMoonyDale

He will do a good job for you for sure, the sweetest left foot and can certainly finish. as others have said though it does come at a price, he will miss games through suspension and he has a petulant side to his game that causes problems, hope it comes good for him though and his goals will be missed here...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:37 - Jul 18 with 4174 viewsdale1968

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:22 - Jul 18 by seasider

To be fair Brierls,Ince was thrown in at the deep-end and did a brilliant job in keeping us in the Championship last season as the only way we was going under Appleton was down,we ended the season in promotion form which is a credit to both him and Alex Rae.

This season unfortunately i fear the worst,we've lost the majority of the team that made us a success over the years,our chairman's only intention is to suck whatever money that's coming into the club (parachute payments) back out into his family's personal accounts,we operate on a league 1 budget.

Look at Febs Goal what a cracker

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Blackpool fan in peace on 20:43 - Jul 18 with 3983 viewsdancdale

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:37 - Jul 18 by dale1968

Alternatively, watch him injuring himself in attempting to join in the celebrations of september goal.
Blackpool fan in peace on 20:55 - Jul 18 with 3935 viewsolympicdale

There is no doubt he has a wonderful shot on him when he is allowed to cut inside from the right, but he can also be easily read by the defence and marshalled out wide. He can lose his patience in this situation and if the game isn't going how he likes you may see the other side to his game. I don't see him as a championship striker, a top 7 league 1 club at the most, but best of luck with him and his court case.

Life is a game of fate.

Blackpool fan in peace on 21:06 - Jul 18 with 3897 viewsseasider

Blackpool fan in peace on 19:37 - Jul 18 by dale1968

He seems to be showing all the right signs at the minute,a pal of mine is at our friendly at Witton,he's hit the bar and now he's just set Ince up for his goal,not afraid to take defenders on and been one of the best players on the park apparently.
Though this is against Witton.
Blackpool fan in peace on 21:24 - Jul 18 with 3844 viewsThacks_Rabbits

In fairness (no disrespect to B.F.C.) but if ever there was a club that B.G. would suit its Blackpool, near home, cheap to buy, potential but flawed.

Could be great signing or shite one - but at Championship level its just a punt that could come off.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Blackpool fan in peace on 21:27 - Jul 18 with 3837 viewsSuddenLad

Plenty of ability but a very questionable temperament and he's no good to anybody sat in the stand for 10 games a season. Collects red and yellow cards like some people collect postcards.

I wish him well, but I can't say I'm too disappointed that he's gone, especially as it seems we've done well out of the financial side of the deal.

He'll definitely need to address his 'dark side' to be a success.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blackpool fan in peace on 21:50 - Jul 18 with 3766 viewsfitzochris

Does anyone else think we were short on numbers up front before his departure and are even shorter now?

I know we have a lot of attacking players, as it were, but for out and out strikers there is a dearth.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Blackpool fan in peace on 22:05 - Jul 18 with 3718 viewsBrierls

Blackpool fan in peace on 21:50 - Jul 18 by fitzochris

Does anyone else think we were short on numbers up front before his departure and are even shorter now?

I know we have a lot of attacking players, as it were, but for out and out strikers there is a dearth.

I'd like to see a centre forward come in to push Donnelly, but I think Hilly is comfortable with Bunney providing backup. Abadaki is likely to provide backup to Bunney. If we do bring another centre forward in, he's got to be a genuine starter. I'd love to see Eaves arrive on loan from Bolton but think he's close to the first team now, and would more than likely go to a League One if he did go out on loan.

Bunney impressed me against Northwich, he's obviously been working very hard on his strength over the summer. There's still some way to go, but I can see why Hilly wants to give him an opportunity. He's very sharp in and around the area.
Blackpool fan in peace on 22:15 - Jul 18 with 3695 viewsdale_spotland

I would like to see an old fashioned centre forward come in, the hold the ball up bring others into play type, however I think the key thing at the moment should be a dominant experienced centre half

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Blackpool fan in peace on 22:31 - Jul 18 with 3644 viewsTalkingSutty

I think the same way, Bunney is a very raw young talent and the rest of our forwards lack height,experience and physical presence.

We could do with a decent proven target man but they dont come cheap. Rene Howe wasnt the most gifted but he had a presence and knew where the net was.

Its a pity we couldnt have tempted Jack Lester out of retirement.
Blackpool fan in peace on 22:38 - Jul 18 with 3617 viewsfitzochris

Blackpool fan in peace on 22:31 - Jul 18 by TalkingSutty

I think the same way, Bunney is a very raw young talent and the rest of our forwards lack height,experience and physical presence.

We could do with a decent proven target man but they dont come cheap. Rene Howe wasnt the most gifted but he had a presence and knew where the net was.

Its a pity we couldnt have tempted Jack Lester out of retirement.

Hilly might loan someone in like that Rose chap from Barnsley, as suggested by Whitey. Not sure at all which way he'll play it.

Blackpool fan in peace on 22:47 - Jul 18 with 3594 viewsTalkingSutty

Blackpool fan in peace on 22:38 - Jul 18 by fitzochris

Hilly might loan someone in like that Rose chap from Barnsley, as suggested by Whitey. Not sure at all which way he'll play it.

I liked Grant and rated him as a goalscorer but if the transfer was around the 200k mark then its not bad business.

Grants an accident waiting to happen at times and high maintenance,it would have always ended in tears so now everyone is happy and good luck to BG.

He showed a bit of class at the Shay last week when he acknowledged the supporters and now we have a few quid to pay the bills and the option of finding another forward. I think everybody will be happy with this deal in reality.
Blackpool fan in peace on 00:25 - Jul 19 with 3465 viewsblakeyj

I see every says he will get suspensions but i thought this was only the case in colemans reign despite getting a red early in hills second reign i think hill has must of had a private word with him because if i remeber rightly if he picked up a booking in something like his last 5 games he would of had further suspension of which he didnt and maybe under a good manager like ince he can keep calm and stick to what he does best
Blackpool fan in peace on 00:32 - Jul 19 with 3454 views442Dale

Blackpool fan in peace on 00:25 - Jul 19 by blakeyj

I see every says he will get suspensions but i thought this was only the case in colemans reign despite getting a red early in hills second reign i think hill has must of had a private word with him because if i remeber rightly if he picked up a booking in something like his last 5 games he would of had further suspension of which he didnt and maybe under a good manager like ince he can keep calm and stick to what he does best

Is there another manager with the name Ince who has proven to be good at what he does?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024