Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 20:40 - Aug 1 with 25740 viewsSgorioFruit

Having a cracking game so far

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Shelvey on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 2015 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 13:07 - Aug 5 by Viking_Jack

I think it´s a typical thing for us fans to discuss whether one player is better than the other and who is in the first line-up and so on, and of course it´s an inevitable and relevant discussion, but I think Laudrup sees it differently. I don´t think he sees the players as oppositional, but as complementary; in other words as a kind of toolbox from which he can choose a certain "tool" (player) for a certain purpose (game) and a certain moment (part of a game). I also think one of Laudrup´s big virtues as a manager is his ability to use that toolbox well, and I am excited to see how he will use the improved toolbox this year...
[Post edited 5 Aug 2013 13:10]

Mee too mate ! Especially the dark horse Pozuelo who could be a massive find

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shelvey on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 1997 viewsViking_Jack

Shelvey on 13:23 - Aug 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Mee too mate ! Especially the dark horse Pozuelo who could be a massive find

He looks a very interesting player Bryn! That kind of player who could develop into something big....Good workrate, a fluid touch with both legs, quick as hell in thought and in his turnings with the ball, as well in his resolute finishing....Early days, but interesting days....;)

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Shelvey on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 1952 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 13:32 - Aug 5 by Viking_Jack

He looks a very interesting player Bryn! That kind of player who could develop into something big....Good workrate, a fluid touch with both legs, quick as hell in thought and in his turnings with the ball, as well in his resolute finishing....Early days, but interesting days....;)

I watched the game when I got home and from the moment he came on he was involved in just about everything. If he's an indication of the strength of our bench we will do very well this season!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shelvey on 15:46 - Aug 5 with 1890 viewsViking_Jack

Shelvey on 14:09 - Aug 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I watched the game when I got home and from the moment he came on he was involved in just about everything. If he's an indication of the strength of our bench we will do very well this season!

Indeed, it looks very promising, if we can keep everybody together until the window closes. What we should not forget, of course, it that all other teams in the league strengthen themselves as well.

Shelvey on 15:48 - Aug 5 with 1881 viewsfbreath

Shelvey on 15:46 - Aug 5 by Viking_Jack

Indeed, it looks very promising, if we can keep everybody together until the window closes. What we should not forget, of course, it that all other teams in the league strengthen themselves as well.

Just read Ash saying positive things about his european experience last week and pre season and the season ahead. He seems to be making the right noises as if he is staying.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Shelvey on 15:50 - Aug 5 with 1873 viewsorion3016

Shelvey on 15:48 - Aug 5 by fbreath

Just read Ash saying positive things about his european experience last week and pre season and the season ahead. He seems to be making the right noises as if he is staying.

Roll on the close of the transfer window

Be over there now after

Shelvey on 16:06 - Aug 5 with 1850 viewsViking_Jack

Shelvey on 15:48 - Aug 5 by fbreath

I hope so - he has had a very good pre-season (looks more fit than same time last year); I thought he was brilliant against Malmö and is a very important player for us, in my oponion :)

Shelvey on 18:16 - Aug 5 with 1784 viewsLaudrup

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Jonjo-Shelvey-reckons-s-home-Swansea-Cit

Jonjo Shelvey reckons he's found a home at Swansea City

By South Wales Evening Post
Saturday, August 03, 2013

JONJO Shelvey used to live in a house next to Steven Gerrard – now the midfielder believes he's found a new home at Swansea City.

Shelvey has swapped Liverpool for the Liberty after completing a £5 million summer switch from Anfield.

impressive performance Jonjo Shelvey looked at ease in the Swansea midfield against Malmo, orchestrating play and spreading the ball with pinpoint accuracy.

The England international moves to South Wales in search of game-time after a stop-start spell with the Reds.

He signed from Charlton with a big reputation three years ago, but found himself on the first-team fringes.

Shelvey's spell on Merseyside was by no means a disaster.

He won an England cap during that three-year stint, but grew frustrated at the amount of time he spent on the bench.

The Romford-born player made only 17 Premier League starts for the Reds as he faced fierce competition for a midfield place.

One of his positional rivals was Gerrard.

And Shelvey admits the Liverpool legend was a difficult man to budge.

"You can't put me and him in the same sentence because it's just ridiculous how good he is," said Shelvey.

"But people have compared me to him and that is just an honour.

"I have gone from living next door to him to living in a farm out here in Swansea.

"But I have enjoyed every minute of being here so far, and my missus is loving it, because the weather has been so nice as well."

Shelvey is aiming to feature more frequently for Michael Laudrup's side as he attempts to fulfil a daunting level of perceived potential.

Still only 21, the energetic playmaker has just begun his seventh season in professional football.

He was earmarked for greatness after making his debut for Charlton at just 16 years of age.

Shelvey completed a £1.7 million move to Liverpool in 2010 but did not quite manage to reach the exceptionally high standards expected of him.

Frustrated at having to play a bit-part role, albeit for a club with a global reputation, he switched to Swansea.

And that's where the man who has been capped by England at under-16, 17, 19, 21 and senior levels hopes to really make his mark.

Shelvey admits it was difficult leaving a club of Liverpool's pedigree, but he believes Swansea represents a great next step.

"Because Brendan (Rodgers) was here it helped me get to know the club a bit more," he said.

"When I was coming down he rang me and told me about the club and the people to look out for, the people who would help me.

"It has helped me working with him already, and obviously he can't speak highly enough of Swansea City Football Club. This represents a big opportunity to play a lot.

"Yes, it is a big, big thing to leave, to come away from one of the biggest clubs in football, but I felt that I needed to come and play. I didn't want to sit behind people.

"I felt that I wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip at Liverpool but that's football. I can't fault any of the players there because they were first class.

"From last January onwards you see the run they went on and it was phenomenal, so that was hard to break into the team. I felt my days had come to an end. I needed to get away whether it was on loan or permanently, but I needed to leave and try to get some football."

Shelvey looks to have taken little time to bed in at SA1, based on his performance against Malmo on Thursday.

Making his Swansea debut, the six-footer cut a strapping figure in a normally diminutive engine room.

There were certainly shades of Gerrard in the way Shelvey collected the ball from a deep midfield role before driving forwards.

He forced his way into promising attacking positions on several occasions, suggesting he will be a forward threat this season.

But it was the former Blackpool loanee's range of passing that perhaps proved most impressive.

As well as excelling in intricate close-range exchanges, he also showcased sweeping balls out to the flanks, picking out wingers with precision accuracy.

Swansea's recent success has been built on slick passing, stemming from the middle of the park.

A department long since difficult to break into has become that much more competitive after the likes of Jose Canas and Alejandro Pozuelo arrived this summer, as well as Shelvey himself.

Indeed Swansea's third-most expensive ever player, Ki Sung-Yueng, did not even make the match squad against Malmo.

But Shelvey looks to have instantly staked a strong claim for one of those sought-after positions with his display in Swansea's Europa League opener.

"I prefer playing in a central role because you get more of the ball, and obviously the way Swansea play you get more of the ball too," he added.

"If I play the majority of the games I feel my performances will start to get better.

"The hardest thing for a young professional footballer is consistency and that is what I have to try to find and take myself to that next level."

I hate signatures

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 23:08 - Aug 5 with 1666 viewsLaudrup

Shelvey on 22:16 - Aug 1 by mawdlamjack

even tested the keeper from the halfway line, last year we were a little shot shy, now we look like we've got goals all over the park, bony , michu, poz, shelvey and our wingers all looked goal hungry. let the good times roll

Shelvey was trying to score a goal like Amat's:

[Post edited 5 Aug 2013 23:13]

I hate signatures

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024