Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. 19:39 - Aug 14 with 13721 viewsyescomeon

This map shows countries that Britain has invaded.

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:41 - Aug 14 with 7095 viewsDarran

This the kind of thread we need.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:43 - Aug 14 with 7093 viewsexiledclaseboy

If it's the ones in white I'm pretty sure there's many more countries than that we've f*cked up down the centuries.

Poll: Tory leader

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:46 - Aug 14 with 7085 viewsyescomeon

F.uck me I ballsed it up. The ones in red are the ones that Britain has invaded.

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:48 - Aug 14 with 7083 viewsexiledclaseboy

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:46 - Aug 14 by yescomeon

F.uck me I ballsed it up. The ones in red are the ones that Britain has invaded.

I'm not convinced that's right either. I know we've put ourselves about a bit over the years but that's about 90% of the world mun.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:50 - Aug 14 with 7076 viewsyescomeon

I think the way borders have changed over the years may make it look worse that it is but still...

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:57 - Aug 14 with 7066 viewsswanjackal

I personally don't believe in the nature of "sins of our fathers" but if it makes people feel better about themselves, then let them knock themselves out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:16 - Aug 14 with 7053 viewsKeyserSoze

Although the good doesn't outweigh the bad, a lot of commonwealth countries benefited from our presence. I.E India being a world force now.

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:19 - Aug 14 with 7044 viewscheeryjack

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 19:41 - Aug 14 by Darran

This the kind of thread we need.

I don't feel any guilt for the deeds of parliament, passed or present.

Nice new home

Login to get fewer ads

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:42 - Aug 14 with 7031 viewsyescomeon

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:19 - Aug 14 by cheeryjack

I don't feel any guilt for the deeds of parliament, passed or present.

Parliament acts on behalf of the people.

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:44 - Aug 14 with 7027 viewsDarran

Oh FFS most of this was centuries ago mun.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:50 - Aug 14 with 7010 viewsexiledclaseboy

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:42 - Aug 14 by yescomeon

Parliament acts on behalf of the people.

Does it balls.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:52 - Aug 14 with 7002 viewsyescomeon

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:50 - Aug 14 by exiledclaseboy

Does it balls.

It should
[Post edited 14 Aug 2013 20:52]

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:54 - Aug 14 with 6982 viewsexiledclaseboy

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:52 - Aug 14 by yescomeon

It should
[Post edited 14 Aug 2013 20:52]

I'm not convinced of that either. If it did we'd probably have the death penalty, flogging and all that other ugly, populist nonsense that people regularly hanker for. Yuck.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:54 - Aug 14 with 6982 viewsyescomeon

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:44 - Aug 14 by Darran

Oh FFS most of this was centuries ago mun.

Oh right, I didn't realize. That ok then.

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:57 - Aug 14 with 6976 viewscheeryjack

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:54 - Aug 14 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not convinced of that either. If it did we'd probably have the death penalty, flogging and all that other ugly, populist nonsense that people regularly hanker for. Yuck.

If we applied these punishment's to dodgy MP'S ?

Nice new home

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:00 - Aug 14 with 6966 viewsDarran

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:54 - Aug 14 by yescomeon

Oh right, I didn't realize. That ok then.

Ah right so you can't be proud to be British because of something that happened centuries ago?

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:00 - Aug 14 with 6967 viewsexiledclaseboy

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 20:57 - Aug 14 by cheeryjack

If we applied these punishment's to dodgy MP'S ?

No. Civilised countries don't do that sort of thing.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:13 - Aug 14 with 6956 viewsDarran

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:14 - Aug 14 with 6950 viewsyescomeon

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:00 - Aug 14 by Darran

Ah right so you can't be proud to be British because of something that happened centuries ago?

The header is fishing. People should not be proud of the British Empire butI get the feeling people are.

Upthecity!

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:20 - Aug 14 with 6944 viewsswanjackal

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:14 - Aug 14 by yescomeon

The header is fishing. People should not be proud of the British Empire butI get the feeling people are.

Think you are confusing "proud" with "could not give a shit because it is in the past" in the context of your question. Now some people will probably be proud to be British because of the current state, or just for the single reason, that is where they were born/class as their home, but most people of the current generation do not look back to bygone eras with either pride or shame, but with only possibly a sense of historical interest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:27 - Aug 14 with 6933 viewsCatullus

If lots of other countries hadn't behaved in exactly the same way as us I think you'd have a point.
But how many countries have never invaded another nation state?

The shame of war mongering is for all human kind, not just us Brits. Look at the atrocities Asian and African countries have inflicted on each other, and still do!!
You have to put our history into context. When you do that, we have much to be proud of.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:38 - Aug 14 with 6923 viewsswanjackal

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:27 - Aug 14 by Catullus

If lots of other countries hadn't behaved in exactly the same way as us I think you'd have a point.
But how many countries have never invaded another nation state?

The shame of war mongering is for all human kind, not just us Brits. Look at the atrocities Asian and African countries have inflicted on each other, and still do!!
You have to put our history into context. When you do that, we have much to be proud of.

In a way you could reconstruct the title and OP to the format:

"How can anyone not be proud to be British is beyond me":

[map]

Countries in red are places we invaded. Don't it make you proud of how many countries asses we have kicked.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:44 - Aug 14 with 6904 viewsRevolutionaryJack

Im quite proud of this we nearly got them all

I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:48 - Aug 14 with 6902 viewsswanjackal

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:44 - Aug 14 by RevolutionaryJack

Exactly, would have whipped anybody if it was a game of Risk.

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:58 - Aug 14 with 6880 viewsSwansNZ

How anyone can be proud to be British is beyond me. on 21:44 - Aug 14 by RevolutionaryJack

FFS, look at those small countries/states — Monaco, Vatican, Luxembourg — how did we not take them? Someone wants shooting

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024