Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green 14:13 - Aug 24 with 7016 viewsyankranger

Two excellent games in a row from him.

We all know he is a confidence player and we really need to get behind him. He should be feeling good after the past two games, let's keep that momentum going.
Green on 20:39 - Aug 25 with 1281 viewsessextaxiboy

Green on 11:22 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Your post suggests people are imagining these things because they don't like Green.

Its not a case of dont like , but it is a case of having established an opinion not admitting that you may be wrong..

Edit , just read your match report which does not damn Green with faint praise so fair play .

Must admit I expected a version of Neils "analysis"
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 20:45]
Green (n/t) on 20:42 - Aug 25 with 1278 viewsessextaxiboy

Green on 02:09 - Aug 25 by Neil_SI

So what if I did?

When I said it was a typical performance from him, I meant that it had a bit of everything that's good and bad about him, all of his traits, and all on show when he had relatively little to do overall.

His distribution was dodgy on the two occasions I mentioned, both are different types of distribution, both where he had time to assess his options and what to do. The first, the kick, he had an awful lot of time to execute good technique, he even had enough time to take a touch and put it on his right foot, which is his stronger foot, but for some reason chose to kick with his left. That's probably why he connected poorly. The second, was a throw out, where even if Simpson were to get control of the ball, he was under pressure from two opposing players and put in an awkward position. It was probably best the throw went straight out into touch, but again, he had time to assess this before he released the ball and therefore both were poor decisions.

The problem with this, is that it's happening in every game. So he has to try and reduce that probability as much as he can.

As for those saves, it wasn't a criticism, but I think he would have been disappointed had he conceded either of those two efforts. They are relatively routine saves to make (decent saves as I said) for the majority of goalkeepers at that level, and usually on the long range strikes, his footwork often leaves him with more work to do than he should, so perhaps it is a better save for him in that respect than is ordinary.

He can still improve and work on these aspects of his play, why not? It's up to him and the coaching staff to make sure he does and he should want to. For me, those reasons are the reasons why he was never signed by a bigger club.

...and yes, I also said his catches were great, and I've said in the past on here, that's where he excels and is also probably why he is chosen ahead of Julio Cesar at this level. He's better suited to it overall, but that shouldn't mean he can't look to improve on his weaknesses.

I just say it how I see it, I've nothing personal against him.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 21:06]
Green on 20:43 - Aug 25 with 1274 viewsNorthernr

Green on 20:39 - Aug 25 by essextaxiboy

Its not a case of dont like , but it is a case of having established an opinion not admitting that you may be wrong..

Edit , just read your match report which does not damn Green with faint praise so fair play .

Must admit I expected a version of Neils "analysis"
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 20:45]

If you say that in every match this season Green has played at least one, if not more, dreadful passes/throws out to his defenders that have either gone straight into touch or put them into trouble this is not an opinion, it is a fact provable by watching the games back again. Did it again yesterday.

Not my match report either, wasn't there yesterday.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Green on 20:44 - Aug 25 with 1266 viewsNorthernr

Green (n/t) on 20:42 - Aug 25 by essextaxiboy

And with that, every sports news outlet, blog, fanzine, website and message board had to be closed.
Green (n/t) on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 1245 viewsessextaxiboy

Green on 20:43 - Aug 25 by Northernr

If you say that in every match this season Green has played at least one, if not more, dreadful passes/throws out to his defenders that have either gone straight into touch or put them into trouble this is not an opinion, it is a fact provable by watching the games back again. Did it again yesterday.

Green (n/t) on 20:56 - Aug 25 with 1235 viewsessextaxiboy

Green on 20:43 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Green on 21:28 - Aug 25 with 1182 viewsbosh67

Made an amazing save to his left yesterday, which may be a turning point. His distribution is an area he really needs to work on but he's been playing with a lot more confidence over the last few games and the fans have got behind him finally, which will inevitably help him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024