Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long term outlook 19:17 - Aug 25 with 8761 viewsSwanfan1

Laudrup pointed out, despite our good start last season, after 7 games we only had 8 points.

Next 5 fixtures
v West Brom (A)
v Liverpool (H)
v Crystal Palace (A)
v Arsenal (H)
v Southampton (A)

if we can get 2 wins and 2 draws from these sides then we be on the same start as last season.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Long term outlook on 12:55 - Aug 26 with 1165 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Long term outlook on 06:38 - Aug 26 by LaudrupFan

There is no need for panic. Manc, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool could also have lost to Manu at home and to Spurs away.

EXACTLY!

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Long term outlook on 17:36 - Aug 26 with 1080 viewsJackSomething

Long term outlook on 11:12 - Aug 26 by Catullus

I haven't been schizo!!!

I have been slated for being negative. I thought that was unfair as it has shown so far this season, we are not a top 6 team yet.....if we ever will be.

I think maybe the team has believed some of the hype. There has been a lax attitude by one or two, though Hernandez only looks keen when he has the ball and JDG always looks lax, it's just how he rolls.
I'm not concerned by losing to the Mancs or Spurs, I'm more concerned with how we played (as I have already said here and elsewhere) We need to be tighter, our passing needs to improve and we need to make more of our possession. Shelvey needs to think a bit more and not look for the "Hail Mary" pass so often. If you don't know what a Hail Mary is, ask Davillin!!
I don't see the point in not playing Bony, if he isn't fit to start, he isn't fit for the bench. And if he's had a knock, isn't it better to start him and see how he goes than bring him on and maybe lose him after 5 minutes? It's a waste of a sub.
Just my opinion!!

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Bony not starting yesterday was a tactical decision. Laudrup choosing to be more defensive away from home, meaning only one out of Michu and Bony would start.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Long term outlook on 17:39 - Aug 26 with 1077 viewsmonmouth

Long term outlook on 17:36 - Aug 26 by JackSomething

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Bony not starting yesterday was a tactical decision. Laudrup choosing to be more defensive away from home, meaning only one out of Michu and Bony would start.

Absolutely tactical.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Long term outlook on 17:39 - Aug 26 with 1074 viewsPlasticman

Long term outlook on 17:36 - Aug 26 by JackSomething

Could be.

Michu is a workhorse in defense as well as attack, while Bony is more singleminded on being 'up there' to try and get those goals (aside from at defensive corners, where he helps out good).

Plastic since 2012

Long term outlook on 18:23 - Aug 26 with 1037 viewsEuroJacks

Long term outlook on 22:12 - Aug 25 by core

People seriously need to stop being so schizophrenic!

One minute everybody suffers from delusions of grandeur, and the next minute we are apparently on the brink of relegation.

We’ve had a great pre-season and demolished our opponents in the Europe League qualification.

We played a game against Man U. where both central- and side backs were a bit unfocused, and that was ruthlessly punished by van Persie. Otherwise we played a decent game, and nobody could truly believe that the odds favoured us.

Tonight we played away against another incredible team, and with a little luck and a better referee, we might actually have achieved a draw.

That being said, I don’t really think the play style has suited us in these games, though I truly like the intentions. Playing with 3 slow and heavy midfielders with average technique and relying on counterattacking is troublesome. Either it demands that everybody commits in the attacks, which leaves you exposed in the back, and that was the case against Man U. Otherwise it demands really fast and strong wingers to catch the opposition off guard, which doesn’t exactly match the type of wingers at our disposal.

Overall we’ve played much better when returning to a more natural playstyle, though one cannot blame ML for experimenting with tactics, and overall we’ve had some good games against superior opponents. On top of that, players like Bony and Alex (Pozuelo) have constantly evolved, which shows great promise for the future.

Have a little faith

Spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024