Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League Day 2013 19:28 - Sep 3 with 4278 viewsJames_W12

Evening all,
Not sure if this has been mentioned on here yet but this year's event, which I run, is almost upon us.

This Saturday, when we're without a game, there are lots of non-league games taking place instead. Many of our local sides are offering discounted or even FREE ENTRY to QPR supporters as a result.

Ashford Town (Middx), Bedfont & Feltham, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Harrow Borough, Kingstonian, Northwood and Uxbridge are all running various schemes to get you in.

Details on all can be found here: http://thelondonfootballguide.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/tlfg-2-8-september-2013.htm

If none of these clubs are anywhere near you, use the match finder on the Non-League Day website to find your local team: http://nonleagueday.co.uk/map.html

It's got to be Harrow Borough v Dulwich Hamlet for me.

Thanks for your time.

Non-League Day 2013 on 22:34 - Sep 3 with 4233 viewsingeminate

Cheers for posting and good shout!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Non-League Day 2013 on 16:30 - Sep 4 with 4127 viewsnightwish

I have been watching Eastbourne United in Sussex County League 2 when QPR havnt got a Saturday home game.Been 4 times this season love it.Great FA Cup match last Saturday against Herne Bay.The matches I have seen so far have ended 6-1,7-0,4-0 in Eastbournes favour and 2-2 in the FA Cup,but Eastbourne United won last nights reply.Great stuff
Non-League Day 2013 on 12:29 - Sep 5 with 4074 viewsOakwoodR

Chesham United are playing at home to Truro in the Southern League on NLD.
Admission is free for under 16s and pay what you want to for adults - with a minimum price of £3 per person.

Really decent standard of football and worth the normal admission price of £10.

http://www.cheshamunited.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7435
Non-League Day 2013 on 17:23 - Sep 5 with 4049 viewsVancouverHoop

For anyone in the North Herts/South Beds area there's another SLP clash as Hitchin Town host current league leaders Poole. This should be an entertaining match as Poole are currently unbeaten and Hitchin have also had a surprisingly strong start to the season.

Like Chesham under 16s are free, and adults £5 with the production of a season ticket from any League, or non-League club.

If you've never been to either Top Field (Hitchin) or The Meadow (Chesham), they're two of the oldest and most unspoiled grounds in Southern England. Everything non-league football is about, and well worth a visit on their own account.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 17:26]
Non-League Day 2013 on 20:04 - Sep 5 with 4035 viewsJames_W12

Thanks a lot to the forum admin for making this a sticky thread, I really appreciate it.

Things have gone a little crazy since I posted this with the campaign across the country really starting to hot up.

I don't know if you saw it this morning but Colin Murray wrote a nice feature in Metro which seems to have been received really well. He's also invited me on to his Talksport show tomorrow which it sounds as if he's pretty much going to dedicate to NLD.

Cardiff City, Manchester City and even Robbie Fowler who all have considerable followings have been tweeting about it today so I'm pretty chuffed.

Hopefully there'll be a story on QPR's site tomorrow or at least a tweet but even if there isn't they were good enough to get Charlie Austin to back our campaign, a photo of which is on our website.

I mentioned I was going to Harrow Borough and I still am. I spoke to them the other day and they said they'd be really happy with a crowd of 250. I think this should be achievable especially if a good few of us go along. I think they got 1500 the last time we played them in a friendly. It is only £5 is you're a QPR ST holder or member and U16s get in free with paying adults or £1 if on their own. If you want a further incentive, Leroy Griffiths is in their side at the moment.

I know finances are tight at Earlsmead so each person who goes will make a real difference and that is of course the case at most other clubs on our patch too so please go to a game if you can.
Non-League Day 2013 on 20:04 - Sep 5 with 4035 viewsstowmarketrange

Needham Market v Erith & Belvedere for me.
Non-League Day 2013 on 09:50 - Sep 6 with 3977 viewssimmo

Barnet is away, which is a shame!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Non-League Day 2013 on 18:13 - Sep 7 with 3868 viewsstowmarketrange

Just back from Needham v Erith.2-0 to the market menBoth goals in the 2nd half,a dodgy red card,and a bumper crowd of 225.
Also saw a fellow ranger who lives up here too.
Good day all round and only a fiver.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-League Day 2013 on 18:15 - Sep 7 with 3868 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Good game today at Harrow Borough.

Leroy Griffiths(sp) put in a cameo as sub 3-1 to Borough, which was incredible after the first 10 mins looked like it was going to be a 5-0 to Dulwich Hamlet.

Dulwich Keeper though, makes me wish I'd taken an interest in my prime (maybe he had an off day).

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Non-League Day 2013 on 08:06 - Sep 8 with 3814 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd have saved it

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Non-League Day 2013 on 14:02 - Sep 9 with 3691 viewsCanadaRanger

Well worth watching these 12 minutes...

Generals!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024