Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ML to Sunderland 23:00 - Sep 23 with 12583 viewsScoobyjack

According to a couple on here
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/laudrup.814400/
ML to Sunderland on 23:06 - Sep 23 with 10985 viewsWarwickHunt

Third favourite behind Shankly and Busby.
ML to Sunderland on 23:14 - Sep 23 with 10936 viewsUxbridge

This sounds plausible.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

ML to Sunderland on 23:16 - Sep 23 with 10917 viewsSwansNZ

ML to Sunderland on 23:14 - Sep 23 by Uxbridge

This sounds plausible.

Yeah, this has got me worried.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

ML to Sunderland on 23:20 - Sep 23 with 10896 viewsLT10__JS9__SS11

Is there a more deluded group of fans in the country?. Not just on this but in general
ML to Sunderland on 00:02 - Sep 24 with 10758 viewsRogueTrooper

To be fair, most of them are saying they've got 2 hopes, but a few yards are using that "bigger club" cobblers that those creatures down the road pull out every time they can't face reality anymore. As far as I'm concerned Sunderland have a nice big stadium to fit more empty seats and people to boo their crap team in.
I believe now that good managers go to clubs that are well run and bad ones go to clubs that believe themselves to be big, yet are run by incompetents and yes men, are badly run but will pay them stupid money for a shoddy job, and have fans that are only happy if Ripoffio del Spendalot is there manager and buys Costalotio Di Bustedflush.
If you disagree, have a look at the league table Clubs like Sunderland will be down there at end of season, and will have spunked a load on transfers, wages and compo to pay for there new manager and change the team in the Jan transfer window. It would have worked a few years ago, but teams like us and I hate to say Norwich and W Brom have built slowly on firm foundations. Leaving out the champions league teams and thereabouts, there is no way on gods earth that these teams will attract progressive managers, as their fans are impatient and ironically they feel they have too much to lose by adapting to long term strategies. Despite ultimately losing due to failing to adapt to long term strategies.
I think there will be a lot more clubs like us getting promoted and the Sunderlands of this world will be going the way of Leeds

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

ML to Sunderland on 00:18 - Sep 24 with 10722 viewsLord_Bony

This one made me laugh but sums it up succinctly ..

Paxton said: ↑
Sadly, Swansea are probably seen as a bigger club than us now.
It has nothing to do with who is bigger. I would actually question Laudrup's sanity if he left them to join us. His reputation is on the up, and he will have his choice of really exciting jobs come next Summer. He has absolutely nothing to gain from joining us, not even money as we can't afford it and we can't pay him what he knows a host of clubs will be offering him next Summer. He has everything to lose by joining us with almost no gain.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

ML to Sunderland on 01:05 - Sep 24 with 10657 viewsgibs0n

ML to Sunderland on 03:33 - Sep 24 with 10569 viewsDavillin

I needed a good laugh to end my day. This thread has given me several. Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

ML to Sunderland on 04:40 - Sep 24 with 10531 viewsDr_Winston

ML to Sunderland on 23:20 - Sep 23 by LT10__JS9__SS11

Is there a more deluded group of fans in the country?. Not just on this but in general

There is a definite "Cardiffian" vibe to a lot of their fans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

ML to Sunderland on 07:56 - Sep 24 with 10345 viewsSpratty

ML to Sunderland on 23:20 - Sep 23 by LT10__JS9__SS11

Most of them seem pretty pragmatic to me and very complimentary to Swansea. Good sense of humour as well. Not at all deluded - pretty self deprecating I thought.

Think the ferry vouchers idea was just a joke
ML to Sunderland on 09:54 - Sep 24 with 10104 viewsDevz00

I see them appointing someone like Steve McClaren or Pulis. I see that Paul Ince is linked too...
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 10:02]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

ML to Sunderland on 09:55 - Sep 24 with 10103 viewsDevz00

Like most clubs (see Norwich yesterday), they have one or two deluded fans. Cardiff seem to have 4 or 5 for every one or two at most other clubs.

This one is priceless -

Swansea have a cracking little side and are playing in europe, but the Sunderland job is definitely a step up.

I'd love to have him, by all accounts he was one of the best players of his generation and someone of that stature might instill a measure of respect into our motley crue.

And hes done a fantastic job at Swansea. If we have anything about ourselves we'd at least attempt poaching him.

Then he says -

Their team is better, but we're are a bigger club.

We have so much potential but we've employed numerous managers since Reidy left and none of them have delivered.

We are untapped potential.

He just screams "Cardiff" doesn't he?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 9:58]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

ML to Sunderland on 10:23 - Sep 24 with 10028 viewsjruss1

Deluded.

Why is it a step up? Because they have more fans? Why on earth would Laudrup care about that.

Just can't get my head round how some people see football and their own clubs. This isn't the first time I've read the Sunderland board with amazement.
ML to Sunderland on 11:52 - Sep 24 with 9809 viewswaynekerr55

ML to Sunderland on 09:55 - Sep 24 by Devz00

Like most clubs (see Norwich yesterday), they have one or two deluded fans. Cardiff seem to have 4 or 5 for every one or two at most other clubs.

This one is priceless -

Swansea have a cracking little side and are playing in europe, but the Sunderland job is definitely a step up.

I'd love to have him, by all accounts he was one of the best players of his generation and someone of that stature might instill a measure of respect into our motley crue.

And hes done a fantastic job at Swansea. If we have anything about ourselves we'd at least attempt poaching him.

Then he says -

Their team is better, but we're are a bigger club.

We have so much potential but we've employed numerous managers since Reidy left and none of them have delivered.

We are untapped potential.

He just screams "Cardiff" doesn't he?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 9:58]

There must be something in the water up there.

Kevin Keegan seen as a great manager by the bar codes

What part of "They've got a team of cloggers aptly captained by that thug Cattermole" therefore they won't be able to play ML style of football don't they get?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

ML to Sunderland on 12:07 - Sep 24 with 9747 viewsMattG

Their potential must be the only part of them that isn't tapped if that thread is anything to go by.
ML to Sunderland on 12:09 - Sep 24 with 9736 viewsSkipTheJack

ML to Sunderland on 10:23 - Sep 24 by jruss1

Deluded.

Why is it a step up? Because they have more fans? Why on earth would Laudrup care about that.

Just can't get my head round how some people see football and their own clubs. This isn't the first time I've read the Sunderland board with amazement.

Completely agree.

Every football forum has got a percentage of rubbish posted on there, but the Sunderland forum always seems to attract the most deluded and incomprehensible ramblings.
ML to Sunderland on 12:36 - Sep 24 with 9615 viewsperchrockjack

"by all accounts"- made that post not worth reading any further.

Sunderland were once a club of epic tradition, history and won things.

Massive support all over the area south of Wear and Durham county.

There again,same can be said of Leeds, Sheff Utd and the basket case that is Sheff Weds.

History is just that.

And is big good anyway

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

ML to Sunderland on 12:44 - Sep 24 with 9580 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

What’s Sunderland’s “potential” realistically? They’re not a top 6 side, they won’t qualify for the champions league, so the best they can hope for is to win a cup & qualify for the Europa league with potentially a top 10 finish in the prem. Errrrr haven’t we already done that?

Deluded wannbes.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

ML to Sunderland on 12:49 - Sep 24 with 9564 viewsperchrockjack

No doubt there see themselves as big because of the past, mad Len Shackleton like.
Same with Geordies and wor Jackie.
They always did have huge crowds and its religion up there but success it don't buy you.

I could see Ince going there but he loves his house here but he could go and he ll take his lad with him .
Depends how he sees Blackpool progressing.

Frankly ,I m not arsed as long as we stuff tem
North east people on the whole are terrific

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

ML to Sunderland on 16:27 - Sep 24 with 9269 viewswaynekerr55

ML to Sunderland on 12:49 - Sep 24 by perchrockjack

No doubt there see themselves as big because of the past, mad Len Shackleton like.
Same with Geordies and wor Jackie.
They always did have huge crowds and its religion up there but success it don't buy you.

I could see Ince going there but he loves his house here but he could go and he ll take his lad with him .
Depends how he sees Blackpool progressing.

Frankly ,I m not arsed as long as we stuff tem
North east people on the whole are terrific

Apart from their understanding of football - that brings out the RANCOUR in me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

ML to Sunderland on 17:25 - Sep 24 with 9144 views2face

Gus Poyet's Wikipedia page says "Current club: Sunderland"
ML to Sunderland on 17:36 - Sep 24 with 9110 viewsdgt73

More chance of Lord lucan being the next Sunderland manager, than Laudrup are these people crazy or what.ffs.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

ML to Sunderland on 17:41 - Sep 24 with 9097 viewsjohnlangy

In the past their 40,000 crowds compared with our 20,000 and their, therefore, greater ability to generate money through sponsorship would have made them much bigger with an income probably double ours.

Now, if we finish mid table the £70 m income from SKY makes for a much more level playing field financially. The one thing they have which we can't replicate (because it's impossible) is history in the upper leagues. Maybe in 20 years time we'll be the ones with upper league history and they'll be struggling to replicate ours.

John
ML to Sunderland on 17:57 - Sep 24 with 9059 viewsUxbridge

With the TV money these days then club size is all a bit overstated these days. Our turnover may be smaller but we're not paying any debt off. We can compete with most, and do.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

ML to Sunderland on 19:03 - Sep 24 with 8936 viewsbrightonjack

ML to Sunderland on 17:25 - Sep 24 by 2face

Gus Poyet's Wikipedia page says "Current club: Sunderland"

Did you do that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024