Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish Dreamteam? 12:45 - Nov 2 with 2297 views18StoneOfHoop

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane in for the Republic.
Good cop/bad cop?
How do Irish R's feel about that?
I bet the FAI blazers are overjoyed at the prospect of dealing with the ever-smiling Roy.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Irish Dreamteam? on 13:04 - Nov 2 with 2283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The one thing Keane isn't is an assistant. This has the smack of popularism about it. Strange, because no-one really cares in Ireland who gets the gig, it's not as if the FAI are even making the decision it's one of our tax exiles throwing coppers from his golden carriage. Take the money from the tax-dodging ba$tard, give it to someone who's worked in England and lives in England, pick a load of lads that we can't even train ourselves and let's get on with it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Irish Dreamteam? on 21:02 - Nov 2 with 2203 viewssmegma

Couldn't give a flying f*ck, I'm English.
Irish Dreamteam? on 21:24 - Nov 2 with 2177 viewsthorpebankR

Irish Dreamteam? on 21:02 - Nov 2 by smegma

Couldn't give a flying f*ck, I'm English.

Read the OP again and then reply thicko
Irish Dreamteam? on 02:34 - Nov 3 with 2109 viewsBklynRanger

I think he could have a bit more allegiance to the team that gave him 64 caps and needs just as much of a kick up the arse as the Republic team does. But obviously he didnt fancy the look of what squad Northern Ireland has and who am I to stand in the way of a cross-border glamour project?
Irish Dreamteam? on 11:13 - Nov 3 with 2050 viewsMonahoop

Irish Dreamteam? on 13:04 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

The one thing Keane isn't is an assistant. This has the smack of popularism about it. Strange, because no-one really cares in Ireland who gets the gig, it's not as if the FAI are even making the decision it's one of our tax exiles throwing coppers from his golden carriage. Take the money from the tax-dodging ba$tard, give it to someone who's worked in England and lives in England, pick a load of lads that we can't even train ourselves and let's get on with it.

Some good points there. Popularism or desperation, this partnership was always going to happen and was talked about when old Trap took up the reins. The FAI have long wanted O'Neill and it was quite possible they would have got him earlier had he not been managing Villa and Sunderland. Having Keane back in the equation is a strange one seeing as he spits venom at the FAI at every given opportunity, sometimes with good reason though. Hope he doesn't make it his show and lets O'Neill, who could be a good manager get on with the job in hand.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Irish Dreamteam? on 12:23 - Nov 3 with 2021 viewsrsonist

Not sure I agree with Keane not being suited for an assistant role. Wasn't that basically what he was for Fergie all those years? If he believes in his master he will be the loyal pitbull.

The cones will have to be absolutely spot-on no expenses spared if he's going to put them out though.
Irish Dreamteam? on 12:57 - Nov 3 with 1999 viewswalshy15a

Keane has the personality and stubbornness to turn that dream into a nightmare , his man management skills are non existent , his record at Sunderland & Ipswich speak volumes he also deserted his Country at a World Cup Tournament over a petty argument with Mick McCarthy. The FAI should let that sleeping Dog lie .
Irish Dreamteam? on 13:00 - Nov 3 with 1995 viewsW14Hoop

Hope none of the players have a mobile phone on during a team meeting

Login to get fewer ads

Irish Dreamteam? on 13:29 - Nov 3 with 1975 viewsTacticalR

It really depends on whether you believe intimidation raises the level of skill.

Air hostess clique

Irish Dreamteam? on 13:35 - Nov 3 with 1968 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Irish Dreamteam? on 12:57 - Nov 3 by walshy15a

Keane has the personality and stubbornness to turn that dream into a nightmare , his man management skills are non existent , his record at Sunderland & Ipswich speak volumes he also deserted his Country at a World Cup Tournament over a petty argument with Mick McCarthy. The FAI should let that sleeping Dog lie .

Did a good job with Sunderland, as well as anyone else has since. Poor at Ipswich, though. He didn't walk out on Ireland, though, he was sent home in the end, though I would imagine the whole episode is a source of huge regret to both McCarthy and Keane, who both could have handled it an awful lot better.

I would worry about him holding his tongue if and when O' Neill does something that he disagrees with. Only a matter of time, I'd fear.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024