Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Winter thread 22:31 - Nov 6 with 42757 viewsnewgolddream

Australia all-rounder Shane Watson faces a battle to be fit for the first Ashes Test in Brisbane on 21 November.

The 32-year-old sustained a hamstring injury while bowling in Australia's final one-day international against India last Saturday.
Ashes Winter thread on 21:49 - Nov 7 with 14576 viewsnewgolddream

Wet weather prevented any play on day two of England's second Ashes warm-up game with Australia A in Hobart.
Ashes Winter thread on 08:59 - Nov 8 with 14515 viewsthame_hoops

Ashes Winter thread on 21:49 - Nov 7 by newgolddream

Wet weather prevented any play on day two of England's second Ashes warm-up game with Australia A in Hobart.

And day three.....thought it was always sunny in oz?!
Ashes Winter thread on 09:21 - Nov 8 with 14514 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Winter thread on 08:59 - Nov 8 by thame_hoops

And day three.....thought it was always sunny in oz?!

Tasmania. The bit of Oz that Antartica pushed back.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ashes Winter thread on 12:18 - Nov 8 with 14447 viewsDeano19766

Anyone from this board heading out? Doing Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne myself.
Ashes Winter thread on 13:14 - Nov 8 with 14427 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Winter thread on 12:18 - Nov 8 by Deano19766

Anyone from this board heading out? Doing Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne myself.

First 3 days of Sydney.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Winter thread on 21:40 - Nov 8 with 14365 viewsnewgolddream

Michael Carberry could open for England in the first Ashes Test in Australia, says batting coach Graham Gooch. The left-hander scored 78 in the absence of injured Alastair Cook in the first tour match and 153 not out in the rain-affected second game.
Ashes Winter thread on 23:52 - Nov 11 with 14282 viewsnewgolddream

England wicketkeeper Matt Prior is a doubt for the first Ashes Test in Brisbane after scans revealed a low-grade tear in his calf.
Ashes Winter thread on 00:00 - Nov 12 with 14276 viewsbob566

Misread the headline. Thought shane warne was back. Got really excited. Greatest bowler I've ever seen.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Winter thread on 06:39 - Nov 12 with 14217 viewsShackletonR

Monty Panesar is upset that he has too sleep on the ground floor of the teams hotels.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Ashes Winter thread on 06:52 - Nov 12 with 14231 views18StoneOfHoop

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/XEON8AyUvlN.9iPwqjgQ5Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9M

(1)Sorry to bore on with the same rant BUT..
Still fuming and gutted that there are no daily free-to-air highlights here back in blighty. No way can I afford to give the octogenarian capitalist dead child & luvvie mobi-hacking foo ker Rupert,once known in Private Eye as 'Dirty Digger', the 40 sponds a month necessary to watch his footie and cricket monopoly (ECB sell-out slags since 2005!)
So unfortunately I will feel a bit more distant and disenfranchised from this most splendid of ancient sporting contests more than I should have been if the Ashes had been correctly made a protected 'Crown Jewel' - i.e. permanently ringfenced/protected as a tv free-to-air broadcast like the Derby or Wimbledon or Cup Final - home & away by the responsible ConDem Minister of Sport.

Some questions for the LFW Cricket-loving Brains Trust:
(2) Can LFW cricket experts tell me is Carberry better than Compton?
(3) Can LFW cricket experts tell me who is the back-up keeper for Matty Prior and will he be up to the task if MP ain't fit?
(4) The Battle of the Giants, Finn v Tremlett v Rankin,The 6 foot 6/7 inch mob - who do you think will win out to get the one place ? Will there be enough bounce in aussie pitches for any of them to be successful?
(5) Dear old leaping high fiving, pissing-on-Brighton-bouncer Monty Panesar. Is he a gone busted flush or can he come in & do a job when required? Remember him doing well out in India on tour and Boycs is a big fan.
(6) Will our talismanic aussie-riling egotistical ace-in-the-hole Mr KP be fit and firing? Persistent chronic knee trouble innit..hmmm?

and most importantly...

(7) Will Deano and Black_Crowe and any other perusers of these boards who are flying out (or are ex-pats with tickets)be proudly wearing QPR shirts when they're out there?

On The Piss after 3-0 at (and on!)The Oval in late August:

[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 19:34]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Ashes Winter thread on 06:58 - Nov 12 with 14227 viewsDWQPR

Go onto wiziwig.com and you will find all the SKY sports channels available to view so you can either suffer from 'Asheslag' and watch through the night or watch the two hour highlight programme every evening before the next days play.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ashes Winter thread on 07:05 - Nov 12 with 14221 views18StoneOfHoop

Thanks DWQPR,I will be attempting to do just as you say but this 2007 PC has struggled in the past to give me clear pictured, continuous pictures from streams in the past. The perennial banes of low quality fuzzy images,freezing and lagging..aaaaarrrrgghhh!

Thank Gawd there's at least TMS!
[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 7:12]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Ashes Winter thread on 07:55 - Nov 12 with 14182 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Winter thread on 06:52 - Nov 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/XEON8AyUvlN.9iPwqjgQ5Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9M

(1)Sorry to bore on with the same rant BUT..
Still fuming and gutted that there are no daily free-to-air highlights here back in blighty. No way can I afford to give the octogenarian capitalist dead child & luvvie mobi-hacking foo ker Rupert,once known in Private Eye as 'Dirty Digger', the 40 sponds a month necessary to watch his footie and cricket monopoly (ECB sell-out slags since 2005!)
So unfortunately I will feel a bit more distant and disenfranchised from this most splendid of ancient sporting contests more than I should have been if the Ashes had been correctly made a protected 'Crown Jewel' - i.e. permanently ringfenced/protected as a tv free-to-air broadcast like the Derby or Wimbledon or Cup Final - home & away by the responsible ConDem Minister of Sport.

Some questions for the LFW Cricket-loving Brains Trust:
(2) Can LFW cricket experts tell me is Carberry better than Compton?
(3) Can LFW cricket experts tell me who is the back-up keeper for Matty Prior and will he be up to the task if MP ain't fit?
(4) The Battle of the Giants, Finn v Tremlett v Rankin,The 6 foot 6/7 inch mob - who do you think will win out to get the one place ? Will there be enough bounce in aussie pitches for any of them to be successful?
(5) Dear old leaping high fiving, pissing-on-Brighton-bouncer Monty Panesar. Is he a gone busted flush or can he come in & do a job when required? Remember him doing well out in India on tour and Boycs is a big fan.
(6) Will our talismanic aussie-riling egotistical ace-in-the-hole Mr KP be fit and firing? Persistent chronic knee trouble innit..hmmm?

and most importantly...

(7) Will Deano and Black_Crowe and any other perusers of these boards who are flying out (or are ex-pats with tickets)be proudly wearing QPR shirts when they're out there?

On The Piss after 3-0 at (and on!)The Oval in late August:

[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 19:34]

1. Couldn't agree more - bad enough not having it free to air, an absolute scandal that there's no extended highlights.
2. Probably now, but he's not the future.
3. Bairstow. Capable enough, but Prior would be a big loss.
4. I think Tremlett will get it, but i'd rather it was Finn.
5. Over-rated in my opinion, can produce the odd wonder-day but not enough.
6. Probably.
7. Don't own a QPR shirt at the moment but will be wearing QPR t-shirt, made for me for the play-off final. May even try and get a flag onto the hordings.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Winter thread on 08:22 - Nov 12 with 14175 viewsDWQPR

Ashes Winter thread on 13:14 - Nov 8 by BlackCrowe

First 3 days of Sydney.

Look out for a huge (big in body not in dedication) Aussie supporter in a QPR shirt. Will answer to the name of Lucien, also known as Sydney Hoop on the dotorg. By all accounts a good companion for QPR games shown live at 2am on a Sunday morning at Cheers Bar in Sydney. Looked after my daughter when she was out there in early 2012. Last she saw of Lucien was him following a Chel*** supporter out of the bar who had been given it large.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ashes Winter thread on 08:32 - Nov 12 with 14168 viewsDubaiR

Will. Be I Perth and know a few R's that are going, should meet for a cold one
Ashes Winter thread on 09:44 - Nov 12 with 14150 viewsdaveB

I imagine there will be free to air highlights, there was last time on ITV4 and it was announced quite late, would expect similar this time.
Ashes Winter thread on 10:09 - Nov 12 with 14133 views18StoneOfHoop

Ashes Winter thread on 09:44 - Nov 12 by daveB

I imagine there will be free to air highlights, there was last time on ITV4 and it was announced quite late, would expect similar this time.

You can imagine all you like,Dave.
Simon 'The Analyst' Hughes sometime Channel 4 & 5 & ITV 4 pundit and currently working for the BBC and Telegraph this Ashes confirmed by tweet a week a go to me that there will be no free-to-air highlights shown on British terrestial Television.
The best we'll get is 1-2 mins on BBC 1 and 24 news broadcasts.

Ashes Winter thread on 13:17 - Nov 12 with 14104 viewsDeano19766

With regards questions 1-6, pretty much agree with what Black Crow has said.

With regards question 7, I normally bring my Dennis the Menace on every tour and wear it 1 day at each test. So it's likely I'll do the same this tour. I used to have a big St George's flag with our 'old' badge emblazened in one quarter, but some scummy yarpie nicked it from the railings in Durban in 2009 while I went for a lash. B****rd!

I have a mate flying out to meet me for the Perth Test who is another Ranger. He does the odd tour with me and normally dons a Rangers shirt for a day as well. Happy to meet up for a beer with any of you boys heading out to Adelaide Perth or Melbourne. I do pretty much every Test of every winter tour, and this is my 3rd tour of Oz so know plenty of good drinking dens

Oh yes with regards free streams for the Tests, try hitcric.info. Always seems to be good quality streams on there
[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 13:23]
Ashes Winter thread on 14:11 - Nov 12 with 14081 viewsdaveB

Ashes Winter thread on 10:09 - Nov 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

You can imagine all you like,Dave.
Simon 'The Analyst' Hughes sometime Channel 4 & 5 & ITV 4 pundit and currently working for the BBC and Telegraph this Ashes confirmed by tweet a week a go to me that there will be no free-to-air highlights shown on British terrestial Television.
The best we'll get is 1-2 mins on BBC 1 and 24 news broadcasts.

That's a shame for people without Sky, you'd have thought the BBC would try and pick them up. I still think someone will get them probably last minute again
Ashes Winter thread on 14:29 - Nov 12 with 14076 viewsDeano19766

Ashes Winter thread on 14:11 - Nov 12 by daveB

That's a shame for people without Sky, you'd have thought the BBC would try and pick them up. I still think someone will get them probably last minute again

Just watch it on hitcric.info lads........unless that has now gone too? Last time I tried it was working fine though
[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 14:31]
Ashes Winter thread on 19:01 - Nov 12 with 14034 viewsnewgolddream

Kevin Pietersen will play in England's final Ashes warm-up match in Australia after recovering from a knee injury. Pietersen needed a cortisone injection after feeling pain in his problematic right knee against Australia A.
Ashes Winter thread on 19:19 - Nov 12 with 14026 viewsHunterhoop

Ashes Winter thread on 07:55 - Nov 12 by BlackCrowe

1. Couldn't agree more - bad enough not having it free to air, an absolute scandal that there's no extended highlights.
2. Probably now, but he's not the future.
3. Bairstow. Capable enough, but Prior would be a big loss.
4. I think Tremlett will get it, but i'd rather it was Finn.
5. Over-rated in my opinion, can produce the odd wonder-day but not enough.
6. Probably.
7. Don't own a QPR shirt at the moment but will be wearing QPR t-shirt, made for me for the play-off final. May even try and get a flag onto the hordings.

Agree with most of that.

I'd rather Finn...he's a wicket taker. But I think they'll go with the "safe pair of hands" in Tremlett. It makes our attack a bit samey. Finn is the one with genuine pace when he clicks. Anderson, Broad and Tremlett are all mid-late 80s almost all the time. Rankin is way too erratic to be picked and he has no experience.

Re. Compton vs Carberry: Compton was extremely unlucky not to go. Flower has f*cked him around and he's been unfairly treated. Root and Bairstow have been given much more of a chance than he was and he's done what he was told to do to get in the Ashes squad: go back and score runs at county level, which he did!

Realistically he'll never play again. They'll go with Carberry for the next year or two before he retires/is moved aside. Mark my words, the next long term opener for England will be Sam Robson. He'll open for England for 10 years or so and will be the next 'can off the rank' following Strauss and Cook. Root will rightly be England's number 6 for the next 10 years.
Ashes Winter thread on 19:49 - Nov 12 with 14008 views18StoneOfHoop

Why can't The Queen bestow - or is it 'confer'? - an Honorary Knighthood on The Greatest Living Australian while he's still with us?
Didn't like the sound of that car crash the other day.

Arise Sir Richie Benaud!

[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 19:55]

Ashes Winter thread on 20:20 - Nov 12 with 13996 viewsDeano19766

Ashes Winter thread on 19:49 - Nov 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

Why can't The Queen bestow - or is it 'confer'? - an Honorary Knighthood on The Greatest Living Australian while he's still with us?
Didn't like the sound of that car crash the other day.

Arise Sir Richie Benaud!

[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 19:55]

A convict..............but a true legend all the same
Ashes Winter thread on 21:30 - Nov 12 with 13978 viewsPommyhoop

Ashes Winter thread on 20:20 - Nov 12 by Deano19766

A convict..............but a true legend all the same

Yep.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024