Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds Bar at Half Time 20:16 - Nov 25 with 8549 viewsWill_RAFC

Dont really want to post something negative with on field results going so well, but need to have a whinge about something.

Went to Studds at 3.40 on Saturday. Was served at 3.57. Many people got fed up and ended up not bothering, with one bloke saying "dont have my money then". This is the longest ive waited (in any bar, ever!) But theres always a long wait.

We have 15 minutes to maximise revenue. It doesn't help with so many people intentionally queue jumping, but when theres no system then this is always going to happen. Cant be difficult to set up a roped queuing area? Would anyone mind if pints were pre poured? They know (or should know) how many Bitter/Lager/Ciders are sold per match and could have an amount ready for the half time rush.

This isn't a personal attack on any of the bar staff. Just think were losing a good amount of money per match and not offering as good of a match day experience as we could.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:05 - Nov 26 with 1722 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds Bar at Half Time on 22:36 - Nov 26 by G_Dale

I was one of the last to be served at the sandy kiosk on Saturday. There were still people coming up, only to have the shutter slammed in their faces. And when the steward stuck his head in to see what was going on, no answer was given. The same thing happened tonight. My dad went up with a few minutes of half time left and it was shut again. There was only diet coke to drink (which according to my mate tasted like flat bum hole). No hot choc again. Not hotdogs. really poor effort.

Change the catering company for next season, closing kiosks during half time is a joke.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:29 - Nov 26 with 1677 viewsWill_RAFC

Studds Bar at Half Time on 20:25 - Nov 26 by anthonyfield

Sorry to read the experience at half time on Saturday, there was a shortage of staff on the day.
But can I please remind you the bar is open 15 minutes after kick off with normally the first customers arriving at 15:20, if you do leave entering the bar at the half time whistle you should expect a short wait everybody is normally served before second half kick depending on the match attendance.

We have tried a queuing system this doesn't work in the past, bar staff do find it hard at times to know is first to be served, an when orders are shouted out can lose track to know who is next.

We have also tried pouring few beers off to make it faster, this also doesn't work as some customers complain the beer is flat or goes warm. And can end up with a lot wasted beer.
A pre order system, their just isn't the room, plus will get same complaints about the beer, and maybe the odd beer would go missing from the bar.

We will try an improve things sorry if some doesn't make sense
Thank you

Thanks for coming on and addressing the points I've made.

I can see the problem with pre pouring. I also dont blame staff for losing track as an awful lot of people push in.

I really don't see how a well organised queuing system wouldn't work though. Perhaps its something worth revisiting? I certainly dont expect to waltz in and be immediately served at half time but im pretty sure the process could be streamlined with a bit of innovation and trial and error.

Talking of streamlining...is it wise to offer the full range of drinks available,as this considerably Increases the time spent per person? Bars at away games seem to cope better, with a higher demand but less products available. 4 staff, 2 tilling up and 2 pouring seems to work best in my experience (as a customer!)
Studds Bar at Half Time on 09:23 - Nov 27 with 1609 viewsanthonyfield

Again we have tried 2 pouring 2 serving, this also doesn't work as we don't only just serve beer, an doesn't speed it up, also waste does happen and normally 2 pouring end up standing around. an then we get complained at because 2 that should serve are pouring, we will look at the queuing system again, entering either side of the bar an forking out in the middle, one side might struggle though due to pie stand queue, this may get in the way, and people standing on the exit middle route as their isn't a lot of room at half time.

We can only try
Studds Bar at Half Time on 09:50 - Nov 27 with 1591 viewsG_Dale

Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:05 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

Change the catering company for next season, closing kiosks during half time is a joke.

I doubt the company would decide to close early I imagine it is the staff who can't be arsed working, because I see no other reason. Is it the stadium company who run the kiosks or an outside company? The only 'catering company' I've ever seen are the ones who serve food in the main stand boxes and bar, and they are fantastic in my experience

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Studds Bar at Half Time on 10:48 - Nov 27 with 1574 viewsWill_RAFC

Studds Bar at Half Time on 09:23 - Nov 27 by anthonyfield

Again we have tried 2 pouring 2 serving, this also doesn't work as we don't only just serve beer, an doesn't speed it up, also waste does happen and normally 2 pouring end up standing around. an then we get complained at because 2 that should serve are pouring, we will look at the queuing system again, entering either side of the bar an forking out in the middle, one side might struggle though due to pie stand queue, this may get in the way, and people standing on the exit middle route as their isn't a lot of room at half time.

We can only try

This is my first full season in the TDS so if you've tried other systems in the past then thats fair enough. Theres pros and cons with everything I know.

For a saturday game I do think a proper queuing system would be much better. Time will tell I guess.

Again, thanks for the discussion, and as I said, it was nothing personal towards any of the staff.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 16:19 - Nov 27 with 1499 viewspioneer

We can onl;y try . . . . well I hope you do - once again we are reporting that things are worse at Spotland than at other grounds (and generally at other grounds they have more to serve).

We do seem to excell in finding ways of keeping money in customers pockets

Clear suggestions already made on here:

1. Queueing - its a no brainer that helps the customer and the staff
2. Fewer products
3. Look at the way other places do it. Pre pouring seems to be acceptable at other places. But provide the customer with an option - if they are happy to have pre poured one queue - if not than they can join another queue and wait for a fresh pour.

The answer is not about trying, its about achieving.
Studds Bar at Half Time on 16:31 - Nov 27 with 1487 views442Dale

Studds Bar at Half Time on 16:19 - Nov 27 by pioneer

We can onl;y try . . . . well I hope you do - once again we are reporting that things are worse at Spotland than at other grounds (and generally at other grounds they have more to serve).

We do seem to excell in finding ways of keeping money in customers pockets

Clear suggestions already made on here:

1. Queueing - its a no brainer that helps the customer and the staff
2. Fewer products
3. Look at the way other places do it. Pre pouring seems to be acceptable at other places. But provide the customer with an option - if they are happy to have pre poured one queue - if not than they can join another queue and wait for a fresh pour.

The answer is not about trying, its about achieving.

While most would agree with that last line, the commitment illustrated by anthonyfield to customer service and to try and improve it is excellent.

It's been said forever: this forum is a great marketing tool for the club: they get regular, FREE feedback. If anyone at the club has a different opinion to the Studds bloke on its usefulness, then maybe they should go and have a word with him.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2013 16:33]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Studds Bar at Half Time on 16:43 - Nov 27 with 1478 viewspioneer

Pehaps we should call in advice from the Willbutts chippy - I arived just aftewr the scunny busses last night - still got served in a matter of minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Studds Bar at Half Time on 23:24 - Nov 27 with 1393 viewsraadale

Studds Bar at Half Time on 14:32 - Nov 26 by ChaffRAFC

I don't bother with a half time pint but it really does annoy me how little choice we have in the kiosk in the Sandy. Now that the winter is upon us, I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't sell hot chocolate anymore. I don't drink tea or coffee so the only other option is bovril which I'm not overly keen on. The amount of people who I hear moaning about the lack of hot chocolate is enough to realise it should be available.

I'm actually not supposed to drink caffine so the choice in the Sandy of coke, Diet Coke, Coffee or Tea leaves me ony Bovril these days, woop.... SO wish we could return to the days of a few seasons ago when we used to moan they took the tops off the bottles. At least the choice exceded watered down coke..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024