Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweat on this season 19:11 - Dec 22 with 6521 viewsjojaca

We have a sweat on this season for relegation. We will be in relegation mix in a few games time when Chelsea and Manchester United roll us over. This season games against the big boys has been disappointing, we have been outfought and outplayed (I hate watching games when it's only a matter of time when the opposition score). I fear us if we are in relegation battle because our players have not got the mental capacity to deal with it. Our signings this year are very poor and I would like to see Ki back and send De Guzman back to Spain. De Guzman is a luxury player and we can't afford them type of players.

Watching the swans at the moment is predictable and boring. Some observations lately 1)When we seem to have the opportunity to attack at pace on the break, We seem to stop and slow it down and make a simple pass, while this gives the opposition time to get defenders back into position (could be a confidence thing).
2)When the opposition counter attack us we lose our shape and numbers and so many times this season we have been cut up. Our positional sense must be poor.
3)We only up the tempo when we are losing, when the game is evenly balanced we are one paced. Would like us to assert more pressure on the opposition especially at home. I want us to come out of the traps like a greyhound.
4) God help us if we are the mix for relegation, We are like boxer with a glass chin. I want to see more heart and desire, more blood and guts for the jersey. I get so frustrated. If was a straight shoot out with us and Cardiff, my money would be on Cardiff.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sweat on this season on 19:12 - Dec 22 with 3485 viewsPhil_S

Really? Did you mean all that?

Dear Santa

Please can we have some perspective for Christmas Please

Many Thanks

Some Planet Swans Posters
Sweat on this season on 19:12 - Dec 22 with 3480 viewsDarran

Get f*cked.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sweat on this season on 19:13 - Dec 22 with 3461 viewsGriffting

Sweat on this season on 19:12 - Dec 22 by Darran

Get f*cked.

This.
Sweat on this season on 19:14 - Dec 22 with 3446 viewsDaithejack

FFS , yeh ok merry xmas.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Sweat on this season on 19:14 - Dec 22 with 3445 viewsSwanfan1

I dont think we are worse than Crystal Palace
Fulham, or Sunderland

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Sweat on this season on 19:16 - Dec 22 with 3433 viewsGriffting

We are only 3 points worse off than last season..
Sweat on this season on 19:16 - Dec 22 with 3425 viewslonglostjack

Get back to worrying about your great dictator you pathetic little man

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sweat on this season on 19:18 - Dec 22 with 3411 viewsMatlock_Jack

I actually agree with some of that and if we don't start winning we could quite conceivably, be dragged into a relegation battle. I'm hoping it doesn't happen though.

Jack
Login to get fewer ads

Sweat on this season on 19:18 - Dec 22 with 3404 viewsunion_jack

Sweat on this season on 19:12 - Dec 22 by Darran

Get f*cked.

I'm going to say this again, let's debate it.
I think the op makes some valid points and it hurts.we are not performing like we can and I agree with him that IF we are in the mix I'm not sure who my money would be on.
That said, there are at the very least three clubs worse than us certainly at the moment. We do however need to start picking points up against the bigger clubs to lower the pressure when we play the 'should wins'.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sweat on this season on 19:20 - Dec 22 with 3375 viewsJackanapes

Yes we have really gone down hill since last season. granted we didn't concede as many goals this season, and scored more than we did last time out against Everton, but mark my words, its looking bleak.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2013 19:21]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Sweat on this season on 19:21 - Dec 22 with 3359 viewsgyrjack

sweat on, there aint many shit teams in the prem, just on a day ones who are better than others. We may not have the best, but we certainly dont have the worst players and our style is seeing us ok. Just enjoy!
Sweat on this season on 19:22 - Dec 22 with 3357 viewsLeonisGod

Sweat on this season on 19:18 - Dec 22 by union_jack

I'm going to say this again, let's debate it.
I think the op makes some valid points and it hurts.we are not performing like we can and I agree with him that IF we are in the mix I'm not sure who my money would be on.
That said, there are at the very least three clubs worse than us certainly at the moment. We do however need to start picking points up against the bigger clubs to lower the pressure when we play the 'should wins'.

If we play for the rest of the season like we did for large parts of today, then we'll be fine. Some of this season has been poor, but some of the performances recently point to better times.

Just some cajones needed by some.
Sweat on this season on 19:23 - Dec 22 with 3339 viewsLiam12345

agree with some of your post,

if we continue playing like this ye we will be in trouble but then again lots of games left hopefully we can turn it around.

How you can cal de quzman a luxury player is beyond me hes been shit all season and isnt looking like hes not going to get better.

I think we do need Ki back as long as he will shoot if he does come back.

How do you not expect to be beaten by teams like, city, arsenal and chelsea there a different class to everyone in the league.

And yes our passses are terrible where as they were once very good.

Uping the tempo after going 1 down is very true. 2 games we have played the best this season was man city away and Newcastle where we went all out, outclassed by city but played well and then ripped Newcastle a new one.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Sweat on this season on 19:24 - Dec 22 with 3333 viewsMatlock_Jack

Sweat on this season on 19:21 - Dec 22 by gyrjack

sweat on, there aint many shit teams in the prem, just on a day ones who are better than others. We may not have the best, but we certainly dont have the worst players and our style is seeing us ok. Just enjoy!

"our style is seeing us OK"

So how come we're not doing better"

Jack
Sweat on this season on 19:37 - Dec 22 with 3271 viewsC_jack

Figuratively speaking, this will probably be our weakest campaign in a long while, and we'll still be nowhere near the drop. Sometimes you just have a bum season.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Sweat on this season on 19:39 - Dec 22 with 3246 viewsDull1Thomas

We wil probably drop in to or very near the relegation zone but will, from Feb, rise to mid table.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Sweat on this season on 19:43 - Dec 22 with 3217 viewsMatlock_Jack

Sweat on this season on 19:37 - Dec 22 by C_jack

Figuratively speaking, this will probably be our weakest campaign in a long while, and we'll still be nowhere near the drop. Sometimes you just have a bum season.

I honestly hope you're right but we need to pick up points any way you cut it.

BTW You're assuming that the teams below won't recover to any extent and for me that's far from certain, as maybe they'll be shopping for striking talent in the transfer window.

Jack
Sweat on this season on 19:43 - Dec 22 with 3217 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We're 7 points clear of the bottom three and at their current rate it will take them 9 more games to reach 20 points.

I'm certainly not even warm let alone sweating.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sweat on this season on 19:50 - Dec 22 with 3180 viewsC_jack

Sweat on this season on 19:43 - Dec 22 by Matlock_Jack

I honestly hope you're right but we need to pick up points any way you cut it.

BTW You're assuming that the teams below won't recover to any extent and for me that's far from certain, as maybe they'll be shopping for striking talent in the transfer window.

Jack

Historically you need 1 point a game to be safe, we've got 20 points from 17, we could lose our next 3 and still be on track to survive.

We always go out to win games, so we're more likely to get a win here and there, as opposed to other teams who set out to get a valuable draw, they really are swimming against the tide all the time.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Sweat on this season on 19:52 - Dec 22 with 3162 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 19:50 - Dec 22 by C_jack

Historically you need 1 point a game to be safe, we've got 20 points from 17, we could lose our next 3 and still be on track to survive.

We always go out to win games, so we're more likely to get a win here and there, as opposed to other teams who set out to get a valuable draw, they really are swimming against the tide all the time.

Awesome post C.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sweat on this season on 19:56 - Dec 22 with 3131 viewsunion_jack

Sweat on this season on 19:50 - Dec 22 by C_jack

Yes, fair point ( no pun intended!!)

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sweat on this season on 23:26 - Dec 22 with 2893 viewsBloodyhills

Sweat on this season on 19:43 - Dec 22 by Joe_bradshaw

We're 7 points clear of the bottom three and at their current rate it will take them 9 more games to reach 20 points.

I'm certainly not even warm let alone sweating.

Yeah, I think you are right. We are not playing well but some of the teams below are really struggling and if things carry on as they are we will be OK. If we can actually play to or even near our potential then we will be comfortable. I do wonder why we are so inconsistent this season though.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Sweat on this season on 23:27 - Dec 22 with 2888 viewsSenhin

Lose to probably the 5th best side in the League at the moment, who are on a good run = relegation. Yup.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Sweat on this season on 01:05 - Dec 23 with 2772 viewsymaohyd

Sweat on this season on 23:27 - Dec 22 by Senhin

Lose to probably the 5th best side in the League at the moment, who are on a good run = relegation. Yup.

Personally I thought we were poor today. People on here are misguided in a sense that because we keep possession, well that constitutes a good performance,

Part of our DNA now is our possession football - and that's great, but we created very little. We're at home yet failed to control the game.

We're in for a fight to stay up. By mid Jan we'll be in the bottom 5. As a unit we aren't working well, I'll say it now, have said it in the past and will say it again - Bony isn't a Swans player. He tries hard, holds the ball up well, but isn't for us.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Sweat on this season on 01:26 - Dec 23 with 2761 viewsDavillin

Sweat on this season on 01:05 - Dec 23 by ymaohyd

Personally I thought we were poor today. People on here are misguided in a sense that because we keep possession, well that constitutes a good performance,

Part of our DNA now is our possession football - and that's great, but we created very little. We're at home yet failed to control the game.

We're in for a fight to stay up. By mid Jan we'll be in the bottom 5. As a unit we aren't working well, I'll say it now, have said it in the past and will say it again - Bony isn't a Swans player. He tries hard, holds the ball up well, but isn't for us.

Almost all wrong, sorry.

We were not poor today. A fair neutral would say that it was a 50/50 seesaw battle for 90 minutes. In my opinion all three goals were mostly luck. The game winner reminded me of a game of "hit the crossbar." What percentage of attempts at that distance actually hit the crossbar? It's luck when the ball hits a 4" bar; and it's equally luck when it passes an inch under it.

We didn't control the game "for 90 minutes," but what madman expected that against a Martinez-managed team? We controlled the game in about equal measure with Everton, give or take a few minutes.

We are not even remotely in a fight to stay up. I posted elsewhere that for the next month, we will have to scramble for every point we can get, and will probably drift down the lower half, but then for the rest of the season all of the nightmare opponents will have been played for the season.

We played very well "as a unit" today. I repeat that we were playing a Martinez-managed team who play "as a unit" better than almost any other team in the league. What do you expect in that situation? It's XXI against XXI and they're trying mightily every minute to disrupt our ability to pay "as a team." That is absolutely fundamental to Everton's game.

Bony's ability as a player is not nearly so important as how he is instructed to play by the manager. Personally, I don't like how he's instructed to play, but I have to leave that to Laudrup - and I am very happy to be in a position to do so.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 1:29]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024