Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. 17:28 - Dec 28 with 9396 viewsSwanfan1

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 04:21 - Dec 30 with 1627 viewsLiam12345

he scored a goal against stoke i think it was and shelvey was virtually in the box and just popped it into him and he put it away easy he needs more of that.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 07:02 - Dec 30 with 1609 viewsEdmundo

His mother probably?

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 07:48 - Dec 30 with 1598 viewsNOTRAC

Bony was bought at the end of a difficult summer transfer period when there was a long stand off period between Jenkins and Laudrup involving Laudrups agent.
I don't personally think that any of our transfer purchases were brilliant despite more money being spent than at any other time in our history.
We are facing a similar summer this year when Laudrup will decide whether his future lies with us or elsewhere.
Surely we must be more prepared this summer from a management viewpoint as to what our requirements in the transfer market are going to be.We should also not have a situation like in previous years where the first few weeks are lost because our Chairman is on holidays.The football may be over,but from a business viewpoint the first month after the season ends is so important for our future.
Planning now for next year is more important than ever.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 08:30 - Dec 30 with 1583 viewsJWK

He's not getting any legit service in every game, can't really blame the striker for that, especially a target man type of striker Bony is.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 30 with 1554 viewsjack_the_lad

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 19:50 - Dec 29 by Swanzay

Chicotime for me sum our attacking style problem well:-

Notice in that video how there are at least two players linking up with bony...... something we don't do.

If we played to his strengths like vittesse did, he would score a decent amount of goals. He must be so fecking frustrated with the others.

Watching that vid it occurs to me that the Duch league defending is far inferior to that of "well drilled" Prem defences, very few of Bony's goals have come against top opposition. We paid a lot of money for Bony based on his Duch goal scoring record, he's obviously finding it much tougher in the Prem, hopefully given time he will improve, he is already a lot leaner than in those vids. Give him and the rest of the team time to adapt to him and I believe he will get goals.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 14:01]
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:12 - Dec 30 with 1515 viewsDanishDuck

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 00:18 - Dec 29 by aspas45

Lack of service - I can’t be disappointed with Bony he hardly gets a chance per game.

I agree he doesnt gets many chances per game, but... thats nothing to do with him?
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:16 - Dec 30 with 1511 viewsDanishDuck

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 17:38 - Dec 29 by curleigh

Absolutely spot on. you need to be lively in this league as a striker to create space for yourself and others by "working the box"making yourself hard to mark, constantly on the move, he must be a dream to mark for defenders who hardly break sweat marking him, he doesn't even hold the ball up, constantly giving it away.
I have mentioned this before, if was it Laudrups option to buy him, why not play him like he plays Michu, he clearly does not rate him, and to be honest can you blame him, he is just not premiership quality, a panic buy IMO

Yup panic buy.. And if it was ML who wanted him, he fkd up.
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 1510 views_Kieran

Laudrup for signing him & lack of service from our creative midfield players, I don't blame our wingers because sending in 10 speculative crosses a match like Theo Walcott isn't what they've been trained to do and on the rare occasion we send a decent high ball into a good area Bony hasn't done anything with them unless the ball is no more than a yard from his starting position and he's completely unmarked.

Bony is a major contributer to our lack of chances created through the middle, it's not about not running like a mad 'ed but he just doesn't find the space he's always marked up, often flat footed with a defender on his shoulder, I honestly believe Messi would struggle to play him in on goal. I don't rate his football brain generally he'd rather shoot into a brick wall 1 yard ahead of him than lay it off to a team mate in space.

The bottom line is he's had enough time to settle in and we can't afford to change our style of play for him, regardless of tactics and the way others perform around him there's no excuse for not being able to trap a bag of cement.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Login to get fewer ads

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 1504 viewswaynekerr55

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:12 - Dec 30 by DanishDuck

I agree he doesnt gets many chances per game, but... thats nothing to do with him?

Yes and no. This insistence on playing centrally for the sake of it has a lot to do with it

Schecter used to run around a lot, look how good he was

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:21 - Dec 30 with 1491 views_Kieran

There's a balance to be found, and Bony is no Teddy Sheringham.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:22 - Dec 30 with 1489 viewswaynekerr55

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:21 - Dec 30 by _Kieran

There's a balance to be found, and Bony is no Teddy Sheringham.

But he's certainly got the ability to finish off chances. Perhaps playing the ball wide more often may just pay dividends...

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:32 - Dec 30 with 1473 viewsDull1Thomas

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 19:50 - Dec 29 by Swanzay

Chicotime for me sum our attacking style problem well:-

Notice in that video how there are at least two players linking up with bony...... something we don't do.

If we played to his strengths like vittesse did, he would score a decent amount of goals. He must be so fecking frustrated with the others.

Did we buy this player's identical twin?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 17:04 - Dec 30 with 1463 viewsOldjack

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:32 - Dec 30 by Dull1Thomas

Did we buy this player's identical twin?

getting a hell of a lot of room there to score he doesn't get that in the prem, only one goal he created all by himself

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 21:38 - Dec 30 with 1406 views_Kieran

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:22 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

But he's certainly got the ability to finish off chances. Perhaps playing the ball wide more often may just pay dividends...

We can't hit our wide men quick enough for them to slide it across the box for a Bony 1 on 1, we break then after JDG or whoever else has f*cked about with it for 5 minutes the opposition defence is always set.

We could do with a new Gylfi, Dobbie was also good at that for us in our promotion season take a touch then attempt a splitting pass immediately left right or through the middle.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 22:39 - Dec 30 with 1369 viewsJokeren1943

Bony has done fine so far.

If people start hitting him in the box, he will score his fair share of goals this season.

If do not see Bony as the main concern in our offensive. The problem is that our midfielders need to be much better in the finale third, to score, going wide, and provide quality passes to Bony :).

Personal, everytime Bony get the ball in the box, you feel that he has the ability to score.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 22:40]
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 22:50 - Dec 30 with 1365 viewsgykes

Bony would be more of a danger with another striker to attack near/far post to share the burden of 2 defenders, and some decent crosses would help. I think the best is yet to come from him to be honest.

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 23:05 - Dec 30 with 1338 viewsDavillin

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 22:50 - Dec 30 by gykes

Bony would be more of a danger with another striker to attack near/far post to share the burden of 2 defenders, and some decent crosses would help. I think the best is yet to come from him to be honest.

I agree with you. Lamah scored because he got into one of the prime scoring positions at the right moment. How often have you seen that area completely empty?

I have posted before about the rarity with which we get someone on the far post. The same applies to the near post, because they reverse polarity all the time. There are several reasons why this position on the pitch is crucial to scoring.

I can't remember where I read this, but more goals are scored from the two areas in front of the posts than from everywhere else. The percentages were very impressive.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 23:35 - Dec 30 with 1323 viewswaynekerr55

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 23:05 - Dec 30 by Davillin

I agree with you. Lamah scored because he got into one of the prime scoring positions at the right moment. How often have you seen that area completely empty?

I have posted before about the rarity with which we get someone on the far post. The same applies to the near post, because they reverse polarity all the time. There are several reasons why this position on the pitch is crucial to scoring.

I can't remember where I read this, but more goals are scored from the two areas in front of the posts than from everywhere else. The percentages were very impressive.

Football's a simple game. The narrow game can be devastating (Dyer's scoop through to Routledge last year in the 2 - 2) but if over used it's predictable, much like my advocation of using the width of the pitch. More space = wingers being able to cross the ball and/or drive at players with more space. Simples, or not as our play in recent times has shown...

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 08:49 - Dec 31 with 1280 viewsgykes

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 23:05 - Dec 30 by Davillin

Totally agree Davillin. Seen that area empty too many times and is a very crucial position. We need to be exploiting Bony's size and strength, and getting someone in next to him to share the work load. Then I believe we will see how much more good ol Wil is capable of.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:01 - Dec 31 with 1275 viewsgykes

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 23:35 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

Football's a simple game. The narrow game can be devastating (Dyer's scoop through to Routledge last year in the 2 - 2) but if over used it's predictable, much like my advocation of using the width of the pitch. More space = wingers being able to cross the ball and/or drive at players with more space. Simples, or not as our play in recent times has shown...

Ye this issue needs to be resolved. Instead of either being one or the other our wingers can play narrow and wide, just needs to be mixed around to keep the defenders guessing.
Who can ML bring in to provide the service we need and is pretty cheap/quality?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:07 - Dec 31 with 1269 viewsDr_Winston

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:01 - Dec 31 by gykes

Ye this issue needs to be resolved. Instead of either being one or the other our wingers can play narrow and wide, just needs to be mixed around to keep the defenders guessing.
Who can ML bring in to provide the service we need and is pretty cheap/quality?

Variety. That's the key.

We have become a little one dimensional going forward. Hernandez and Routledge are a little "samey", both happier cutting inside. Dyer is better going wide, and seems to have had a little more freedom to do so in recent games. God only knows what Lamah is going to do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:27 - Dec 31 with 1260 viewsgykes

Variety is key indeed. Gonna be an interesting January transfer window.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 12:21 - Dec 31 with 1238 viewsmikecph

I think Bony is a player that oozes with class and everytime he gets the ball you have that feeling that he can make something happen. He seems a natural goal-getter imo. But for some reason the team/he is not getting enough goals.

Let's try and look at Swansea from an opposing managers view. Quite an easy job to defend against actually - they only have one real dangerman up front (Bony in this example) and we just have our two central defenders close him down. Their wings are fast but they almost always cut inside which makes it easy to defend against by playing narrow defense and putting 1 or 2 DM right in front of defensive line. Now the mid-route is closed down effectively. On those rare occassions when wingers go to the touchline Swansea almost always fails in having a second (or third) player in the box so again only threat is Bony who has 2 central defenders on each side. So in short just close down mid-lane and have your two central defenders stand next to Bony for the whole match and that takes care of that.

Now what can Swansea do to solve this?

- Front man has to move more.
- Play wider more often. We become less predictable i.e. opposing defense will have to play wider giving us more space in middle.
- Get more players in the box. There should always be at least one more player besides Bony in the box. Wingers and AM should simply take turn being the "2nd boxplayer".
- Play more direct on conversions. Once oppositions DM is in place the door is effectively closed (if we insist on going through the middle).

But who's to blame?

I agree that Bony is not ideal for the system that we are playing atm. This requires a very mobile front man who can make runs and disorganize defense so that our wingers and AM can slot into the space created. Bony is such a great player and one of his strength is that you can play the ball to him, he can hold on to it and lay it off to another player. Only problem is that we don't have that second player who is always close enough to him. He would work great in a 442 system with a second faster player as partner.

Now ML will never abandon his 433 philosophy, but that means we have to move our wingers and AM closer to Bony to act as substitute partners and Bony on his side will have to become a more mobile player.
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 12:30 - Dec 31 with 1230 viewsRancid

Danny Graham was the perfect striker for us.Very mobile and had the knack of dragging defenders out of position.It's a shame he turned into a raving lunatic and Laudrup and Huw wanted shot.
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 13:25 - Dec 31 with 1206 viewsLiam12345

look at the goals bony scored last year with viteese then look at the goals michu scored for us and how different they are. all he goals by michu are very different to what bony wants to do and what he seems to be able to do.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024