Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? 17:20 - Jan 2 with 38581 viewsDarran

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBMC-Android-TV-Box-Full

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:28 - Jan 2 with 12197 viewsKennedy

Very similar Darren. An Acer Revo running XBMC.

You can test it out if you wish on your PC.

Choose Windows or Mac from here (Even apple/android for tablets)

http://xbmc.org/download/

All the 'free stuff' you can get for free online as these as video or program addons.

Have a look here and see what they are, same are Channel1/ice films for films, Navi X for sports plus others. You will need a really good stream too. There are even paid websites you can get apps for.

Have a look here http://www.xbmchub.com/

If you like it (It's excellent for your films too, put them all on a hardrive and you can stream them through the whole house. (Each TV would need a box though)

You can also run this on a RaspberryPI which is cheaper but as you would need to buy remote, power, card etc its not a bad price for a novice.

Just call me JFK

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:32 - Jan 2 with 12180 viewsWitneyjack

Ive got one although I programmed XBMC myself. Excellent bit of kit although you may need to get a vpn to see all the channels as the ISP's are trying to block them.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 12151 viewsDarran

My sons got one down his gaff and it's very good I was just wondering who else got em.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:37 - Jan 2 with 12117 viewsmax936

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:34 - Jan 2 by Darran

My sons got one down his gaff and it's very good I was just wondering who else got em.

Hurry up and get one ffs I can pop over and watch the Swans with you, I'll fetch the hobnobs

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:38 - Jan 2 with 12115 viewsWitneyjack

If you like films and tv 1 Channel is awesome. It's got just about every show(past and present) you can think of. Navi x and Sports devil are excellent for live matches.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 12099 viewsmax936

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:38 - Jan 2 by Witneyjack

If you like films and tv 1 Channel is awesome. It's got just about every show(past and present) you can think of. Navi x and Sports devil are excellent for live matches.

Is it easy to setup Witney?, watching on the laptop is a right pain.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 12079 viewsWitneyjack

Yes mate. Just go to XBMChub and there is an idiots guide. Alternatively buy one already programmed like the one above. It really is plug and play afterwards.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:44 - Jan 2 with 12037 viewsJackfath

I'm probably being dull but can you also watch normal terrestrial tv on one of these? Is the picture HD quality?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:48 - Jan 2 with 12014 viewsmax936

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:43 - Jan 2 by Witneyjack

Yes mate. Just go to XBMChub and there is an idiots guide. Alternatively buy one already programmed like the one above. It really is plug and play afterwards.

Idiots Guide, I like it

Only pulling you leg, thats great, Thanks.

I'll have a looksee, got to be cheaper than heading for the pub in the long run

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:48 - Jan 2 with 12013 viewsBigDoug

Get yourself a Mag250 and a sub to a reliable provider.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:52 - Jan 2 with 11991 viewsWitneyjack

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:48 - Jan 2 by max936

Idiots Guide, I like it

Only pulling you leg, thats great, Thanks.

I'll have a looksee, got to be cheaper than heading for the pub in the long run

The reason I used that term was that I followed it to set mine up!!

Jackfath you can stream channels like Sky Sports 1 etc but they are a few seconds behind.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:59 - Jan 2 with 11956 viewsBLAZE

What is this exactly? Ive fallen off the tech wagon these last few years. Is it a media server that you stream content to from your PC?

Im in the process of buying my first house and have been wondering whether to bother with a tv licence. I was just gonna hardwire my tv to the PC and watch streamed content (BBC iPlayer doesnt require a tv licence to view) but this looks like it will do the same job without the wires?
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:59 - Jan 2 with 11947 viewsJackfath

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:52 - Jan 2 by Witneyjack

Jackfath you can stream channels like Sky Sports 1 etc but they are a few seconds behind.

Is the picture as good and is there ever any lagging?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 11944 viewsmax936

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:52 - Jan 2 by Witneyjack

I know that mun, Im only joking, but I can't be trusted with technical stuff

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 11927 viewsDDCH

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:34 - Jan 2 by Darran

I have one. I find the films are amazing and in HD but I struggle to get working feeds for the football. I think this is down to my own lack of research if I am honest, as the TV is usually booked with Ceebebies during match times so I end up on the computer.

Best £70 I have spent last year though. The TV content and Movies are fantastic. I use Mashup/Icefilms mainly for this.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 18:03 - Jan 2 with 11925 viewsWitneyjack

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 17:59 - Jan 2 by Jackfath

Is the picture as good and is there ever any lagging?

There can be lagging. I only have ordinary bb with download speeds of 6 meg. If you have fibre optic, this should reduce it dramatically.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 18:17 - Jan 2 with 11863 viewsSWANZF4N

Hijacking this but it will help all - Al jazeera sport has now moved to bein sports - i have a paid sub with AJS but cant seem to watch sports on bein??
anyone else having same problems?
cheers
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 18:28 - Jan 2 with 11818 viewsmax936

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 18:17 - Jan 2 by SWANZF4N

Hijacking this but it will help all - Al jazeera sport has now moved to bein sports - i have a paid sub with AJS but cant seem to watch sports on bein??
anyone else having same problems?
cheers

Uxbridge is your man.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 19:10 - Jan 2 with 11740 viewsNeathJack

I've got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-BOX-MIDNIGHT-MX2-ANDRO

For movies and tv it's absolutely outstanding but football streaming is ropey I find. No better usually than Wiziwig.

As someone else suggested Daz, download XBMC onto your laptop etc and have a play round. I'd recommend downloading Xunity onto it as this is what I have.

Instructions here
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 19:35 - Jan 2 with 11663 viewsinspector

whats the difference between these xbmc boxes and those boxes that pick up all the foreign streams of 3pm kick offs? (and all games).

edit: like the ones you see in the pubs.. got a few mates that have had them installed for about £150?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2014 19:49]
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 20:27 - Jan 2 with 11584 viewsmarky94

Without sounding thick does this box show all sky sports channels and also kids programmes such as Disney etc. woukd have to but the pre programmed as a bit tup like one advertised at top of thread.

Would you still need a VPN for the box on e bay.

Thanks in advance. I'm a bit tup. Thinking of getting one if these but technologically backwards.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 21:03 - Jan 2 with 11529 viewsDDCH

The box just holds lots of apps that link to websites that stream content.

Sometimes live content, often not.

There are live channels and sometimes they are in HD and sometimes they look like minecraft.

....However....The amount of content on there in HD is insane. I have watched loads of movies since having my box, and often these are ones that are still in or have only just left the cinema. We have also started watching TV shows as well, as there are whole series of stuff on there.

I try to think of it like Netflix with much better content.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 21:17 - Jan 2 with 11498 viewsmarky94

Thanks ddch. I've gambled on one so see how I get on.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 21:44 - Jan 2 with 11438 viewsBLAZE

So if I get one of these will it completely do away with the need for terrestrial / aerial television?
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 21:44 - Jan 2 with 11434 viewsHugeEnkins

They are fantastic bits of kit. I've just got one from www.readybakedpi.co.uk. More expensive but it's fully supported as these things fook up every now and then. Ideal for a technophobe like me. Movies/tv shows/sports/documentaries. Lovely jubbly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024