Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? 17:20 - Jan 2 with 39166 viewsDarran

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBMC-Android-TV-Box-Full

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 06:21 - Feb 16 with 4978 viewsmikl0s

No Offsidestreams/Streamtvbox works without proxy/VPN :)

I use Offsidestreams here in Asia and it works really well - but the most important for 'us' is that whatever stream provider you use has NBC Extra Time as that where the Swansea matches are shown most of the time - basically NBC is broadcasting all matches - they feature the big ones on their network and then all the rest are shown on the NBC Extra Time channels.

Offsidestreams has NBC Extra Time :)

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 07:34 - Feb 16 with 4953 viewsJackfath

Any of you technospods used a raspberry pi to run xbmc? I am liking this way of doing it. Anyone know of any cons to this method?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 08:15 - Feb 16 with 4916 viewsUxbridge

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 07:34 - Feb 16 by Jackfath

Any of you technospods used a raspberry pi to run xbmc? I am liking this way of doing it. Anyone know of any cons to this method?

Raspberry Pi is just a PC. No difference.

Some interesting stuff on this thread. Cheers all. Might have to dust off my old XBMC install and have a play. PS found a couple of other options that show PL games ... Star Sports in India which is a massive 8 quid a year but shows all games but requires an India VPN, and Premier League pass in NZ which is 50 quid a season and believe works with DNS only. Depends what you're into.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 08:18 - Feb 16 with 4912 viewsUxbridge

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 20:27 - Feb 15 by BLAZE

I've ordered an Acer Revo nettop. 4gb ram, 750gb HD and on Windows 8.... Will still download XBMC but may go down Ux's route and use a VPN with paid subscriptions to Bein and US Netflix.... Sounds like a more stable option

I found out last night with the Bein sports site you can have 4 games on on the same screen. Picture quality was flawless too. Impressive stuff. The only gap is the Saturday 3pm blackout but theres always streams for that or alternate subs. So much more content than Sky.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 08:24 - Feb 16 with 4903 viewsSWANZF4N

How do you do that uxbridge.?
fath I have a pi but find I am constantly tweaking it so to speak....
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 08:52 - Feb 16 with 4886 viewsUxbridge

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 08:24 - Feb 16 by SWANZF4N

How do you do that uxbridge.?
fath I have a pi but find I am constantly tweaking it so to speak....

The BEin sports bit? If you are watching a channel, click the live schedule icon on the right and various icons pop up for two screens, 4 screens or PIP. Just drag and drop from there.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:04 - Feb 16 with 4876 viewsDr_Winston

Whenever I try to stream stuff through XBMC the audio stops coming through my main speakers and via the monitor instead. Tried reinstalling it and got nowhere.

Pity really as it's a decent bit of kit otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:11 - Feb 16 with 4872 viewsJackfath

I have only just started playing with XBMC yesterday. For those who are experienced in this field, what would you say is the best "item" to get to attach to the TV?

I connected the laptop to the TV last night and watched "Gravity". Had to plug in some old speakers into the laptop as the audio was still coming through the laptop, not the TV.

I looked up a raspberry pi unit, like this,

Looks like a pretty easy way of doing this?

I currently pay for sky sports and movies - I guess this gadget could save me lots of money!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:23 - Feb 16 with 4862 viewsJackfath

Another question (sorry)

What are the best add ons for watching the football?

Are the add ons more reliable than wiziwig type streams?

Are they likely to get stopped as companies end this as surely it's not making them money?

If I go full out into this am I breaking the law and liable to prosecution in any way?

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:36 - Feb 16 with 4836 viewsUxbridge

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:04 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

Whenever I try to stream stuff through XBMC the audio stops coming through my main speakers and via the monitor instead. Tried reinstalling it and got nowhere.

Sounds like a PC settings issue or XBMC settings, which I've had problems in the past with missing too. Try looking in XBMC settings and making sure correct devices are selected. Reinstall won't help usually though.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:39 - Feb 16 with 4826 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:36 - Feb 16 by Uxbridge

Sounds like a PC settings issue or XBMC settings, which I've had problems in the past with missing too. Try looking in XBMC settings and making sure correct devices are selected. Reinstall won't help usually though.

Played around with a few things. Googled the problem too which was surprisingly little help.

Will try using DTVIndia via my tablet and onto the telly for the next one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:40 - Feb 16 with 4825 viewstarel

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:36 - Feb 16 by Uxbridge

In the XBMC audio settings you have to change it from speakers to HDMI then the audio will come out of the TV speakers and not your laptops :)
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:49 - Feb 16 with 4810 viewsUxbridge

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:39 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

Played around with a few things. Googled the problem too which was surprisingly little help.

Will try using DTVIndia via my tablet and onto the telly for the next one.

Yeah not surprised Google didn't help. These things seem to be user specific.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:07 - Feb 16 with 4793 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:49 - Feb 16 by Uxbridge

Yeah not surprised Google didn't help. These things seem to be user specific.

Have been inspired to have another go and by Jove I think I've worked it out.

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:10 - Feb 16 with 4790 viewsShaky

The Raspberry Pi is ok as for what is known as a backend, that simply gathers content from various sources (internet streams, freeview, satellite, etc) but is underpowered as a playback device.

If you want something that can act as both a playback frontend and a backend, you need to get something more powerful, but if you also want to play HD or Blueray content the typical cheapo eBay Android boxes are also underpowered.

Here is more info: http://lifehacker.com/5536963/the-ultimate-start-to-finish-guide-to-your-xbmc-me

And to get something that doesn't look out of place in the lounge the key issue is to find a nice case. Prices start around the typical cost of an Android set top box. See: http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cases/home-theatre-cases

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:20 - Feb 16 with 4778 viewsShaky

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:04 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

If you are connecting a computer to a TV with a simple VGA connector that won't work because the standard doesn't support audio. On the other hand if you can output HDMI from your PC that does support audio.

The alternative is to separately wire the audio outputs from the PC into the input on the TV, but that may or may not work depending on how flexible it is.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:30 - Feb 16 with 4767 viewsjack_lord

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:20 - Feb 16 by Shaky

If you are connecting a computer to a TV with a simple VGA connector that won't work because the standard doesn't support audio. On the other hand if you can output HDMI from your PC that does support audio.

The alternative is to separately wire the audio outputs from the PC into the input on the TV, but that may or may not work depending on how flexible it is.

I had problems with the audio (laptop connected to TV) and the audio settings were selected as HDMI. I have reverted to connecting a VGA cable and audio cable and then had the benefit of the TV sound system.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:32 - Feb 16 with 4767 viewsShaky

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:20 - Feb 16 by Shaky

And if you're building a proper Home Theater PC one way to save a bit of money is by using a free linux based operating system, rather than Windows.

A further advantage is that the most stable personal video recorder (PVR) applications using Freesat and satellite TV are also written for Linux.

Here is a guide to how you can set up a PVR backend under Linux that then works with an XMBC frontend running on the same computer http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php or can alternatively be streamed around the house over a network to give live TV and access to the PVR recordings.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:53 - Feb 16 with 4750 viewsShaky

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:30 - Feb 16 by jack_lord

I had problems with the audio (laptop connected to TV) and the audio settings were selected as HDMI. I have reverted to connecting a VGA cable and audio cable and then had the benefit of the TV sound system.

I have never seen a laptop with an HDMI connection, but it may be that it uses a stripped down version without the audio just as a way of connecting an external monitor.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 11:05 - Feb 16 with 4737 viewsTheFranchise

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:53 - Feb 16 by Shaky

I have never seen a laptop with an HDMI connection, but it may be that it uses a stripped down version without the audio just as a way of connecting an external monitor.

Mine has, I use it all the time for films and netflix.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 11:06 - Feb 16 with 4743 viewsmalagajack

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 09:23 - Feb 16 by Jackfath

Another question (sorry)

What are the best add ons for watching the football?

Are the add ons more reliable than wiziwig type streams?

Are they likely to get stopped as companies end this as surely it's not making them money?

If I go full out into this am I breaking the law and liable to prosecution in any way?

there is a livestream option in the Mashup add on which has several footy streams also in Programs if u install Navi-X all the sports channels are listed there. there is a easy to follow youtube tutorial on how to install navi-x.dont know if sportsdevil is working properly now but thats another add on which uses wiziwig streams etc but without any ads. there is also a veetle add on which often streams matches amonst other things.
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 11:13 - Feb 16 with 4727 viewsjack_lord

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 10:53 - Feb 16 by Shaky

HDMI coonection works perfectly well with the laptop but it just doesn't work when using the XBMC application, hence the use of the VGA/audio jack alternative (which works very well).

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 11:39 - Feb 16 with 4706 viewsScoobyWho

I thought this was a plug in and play box ?
Now we are on about plugging in laptops, downloading apps, different leads etc ..

Doesnt sound like an alterantive to sky to me. Just a huge hassle.

Weirdo's ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 12:26 - Feb 16 with 4670 viewsAnotherJohn

This is a very interesting thread. It inspired me to order a quad-core android box that hasn't arrived yet. However, in the meantime I discovered that I already had the hardware to duplicate some of the functions of this (and not via a PC). This is through an Enigma 2 satellite receiver running under Linux. In fact football broadcasts received via satellite are generally better quality and less susceptible to lags than internet streams, but my moveable dish has been misaligned by the recent storms, and so I looked at the internet options available through this same box. There is a good Enigma 2 plugin called TSmedia, which effectively makes available a lot of the content you can get via XBMC. Through that I can access Sports Devil, Navi-X, Veetle, and quite a few IPTV channels, including BEIN sports and S**. It also does IceFilms and some similar sites like Movies25. 1-Channel is there but needs setting up with proxy server for UK use (possible but a bit complicated on Enigma). There are also a couple of other football plug-ins available, like Sport Portal. Thus my new android box can probably go in the bedroom instead when it comes.

My Enigma box is a VU+ Solo2, which has a fast processor, but I'm not sure if it will be as good for this application as the Acer Revo or similar dedicated media PCs. I should think it is at least as good as a mid-priced android box. So if anybody already has a linux satellite box and hasn't explored this route then it is worth a try. My verdict so far is that the films work well with very good picture quality, but the live channels and football feeds are only about the same quality as on my laptop (though with fewer adverts and worries about viruses).
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 12:35]
Anyone got one of these for streaming games? on 12:28 - Feb 16 with 4669 viewsJonTheJack

I've just downloaded XBMC onto my Nexus 7 and got Sports Devil up and running; well a few links anyway.

I'm having major trouble with 1Channel, though. I can't get any shows or movies to show up at all? Ive read through the help and tried changing the domain in the settings but still get nothing... Anyone had this issue and know a fix?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024