Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
southampton in a league of thier own 20:57 - Jan 11 with 3178 viewsQPRDEL

9th position, too good to get dragged into the relegation battle, but not good enough to go any higher than 8th.
Basicaly thier season is over in January
southampton in a league of thier own on 21:02 - Jan 11 with 3147 viewsJigsore

Yep. I reckon Newcastle will finish very close to them though. Won't qualify for Europe, no danger of getting relegated

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

southampton in a league of thier own on 21:27 - Jan 11 with 3065 viewsCamberleyR

And that is the utter madness of the Premier League. The height of ambition these days for clubs like ourselves, Southampton, West Brom etc; to finish 8th in the top division

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

southampton in a league of thier own on 21:34 - Jan 11 with 3036 viewsrichranger

Now only 6 points between Hull in 10th and Palace at the bottom
southampton in a league of thier own on 21:37 - Jan 11 with 3021 viewsisawqpratwcity

Club gets Premier exposure and Premier cash stream. No need for knee-jerk emergency squad additions. Fans get to see their team perform competently against England's best.

Clive is right: thats a living hell.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

southampton in a league of thier own on 21:38 - Jan 11 with 3018 viewskomradkirk

not enough relegation spots.
southampton in a league of thier own on 22:20 - Jan 11 with 2909 viewsrrrspricey

Agree they're in a league of their own... in respect of their youth set-up and their propensity to give their kids a chance
southampton in a league of thier own on 22:40 - Jan 11 with 2853 viewsAntti_Heinola

in truth, it hasn't really been much different for years. We had one outstanding season, true, but throughout the 70s and 80s and 90s, it was dominated by Liverpool, Leeds, Man Utd, Arsenal, and a bit of Everton. Man City and Chelsea have risen since then, and a couple have fallen by the wayside, and occasionally one team has a good season or two, but that's it. No 'smaller' club has ever managed to have real, long-lasting success - not even Derby or Forest in the 70s.
The difference is you get less smaller teams coming 4th or 3rd these days, but it's not much different to what it ever was. The dream of a championship for 90% of football league clubs is just that: 'a dream'. Always has been, probably always will be. Something you dreamed of as a kid.
But having said that, I would like to see more teams have a better go at the Cups - i think teams are coming towards that now, actually.
And this year there's a genuine chance for a 'smaller' club to get into the champions league thanks to man utd's ordinary season. Everton might just take it. And if Everton can do it on their relatively small budget, there's no reason why 20-odd other clubs couldn't do similarly.

Bare bones.

southampton in a league of thier own on 00:03 - Jan 12 with 2734 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

southampton in a league of thier own on 21:27 - Jan 11 by CamberleyR

And that is the utter madness of the Premier League. The height of ambition these days for clubs like ourselves, Southampton, West Brom etc; to finish 8th in the top division

Just tred water ala Spuds for a few years and save those premiership pennies for a rainy season then turn 8th position to 5th and so on. That's the best we can hope for in our lifetimes, if we're extremely fortunate at the expense of some other well embedded clubs...
Login to get fewer ads

southampton in a league of thier own on 04:29 - Jan 12 with 2655 viewsGetMeRangers

southampton in a league of thier own on 22:40 - Jan 11 by Antti_Heinola

in truth, it hasn't really been much different for years. We had one outstanding season, true, but throughout the 70s and 80s and 90s, it was dominated by Liverpool, Leeds, Man Utd, Arsenal, and a bit of Everton. Man City and Chelsea have risen since then, and a couple have fallen by the wayside, and occasionally one team has a good season or two, but that's it. No 'smaller' club has ever managed to have real, long-lasting success - not even Derby or Forest in the 70s.
The difference is you get less smaller teams coming 4th or 3rd these days, but it's not much different to what it ever was. The dream of a championship for 90% of football league clubs is just that: 'a dream'. Always has been, probably always will be. Something you dreamed of as a kid.
But having said that, I would like to see more teams have a better go at the Cups - i think teams are coming towards that now, actually.
And this year there's a genuine chance for a 'smaller' club to get into the champions league thanks to man utd's ordinary season. Everton might just take it. And if Everton can do it on their relatively small budget, there's no reason why 20-odd other clubs couldn't do similarly.

While this is all true, part of following a team is to be entertained for 90 minutes each week and not just the glory (there are teams you can follow if that is what you really crave). As much as the last experience of the premiership was disappointing, there were plenty of games, for me maybe, that were entertaining spectacles even if we did lose. Add to that some of the more surprising victories and it is not all bad

I would love QPR to have a good run in a cup or even one day to qualify for Europe again, yet there will always be disappointing results, for instance Newcastle, Man City at home and ManCity away first season, Fulham away and Villa away last season that were games I really enjoyed.

Still, the 1-0 at home the first season against scum will go down as one of the greatest days I ever spent at LR... those two seasons were worth for that alone and only wish I had been at Scumbridge last year to see SWP get his goal

Perhaps I have come to terms with following the Rs and managing my expectations as far as glory is concerned. The slightly disappointing aspect to this season is the many games that have been rather turgid to watch or listen to
southampton in a league of thier own on 09:15 - Jan 12 with 2575 viewsthemodfather

a few years back down at their new dell, their fans accused us of being money bags..i laughed, who's got the new ground? who lost money on deals over walcott,jones and bale??
i dislike them very much, they can rot.
pompey have a name for them and it sums them up.
southampton in a league of thier own on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 2532 viewsQPRDEL

Good luck to them, but cant help feeling they are gradually getting found out.
southampton in a league of thier own on 10:33 - Jan 12 with 2451 viewsAntti_Heinola

southampton in a league of thier own on 04:29 - Jan 12 by GetMeRangers

While this is all true, part of following a team is to be entertained for 90 minutes each week and not just the glory (there are teams you can follow if that is what you really crave). As much as the last experience of the premiership was disappointing, there were plenty of games, for me maybe, that were entertaining spectacles even if we did lose. Add to that some of the more surprising victories and it is not all bad

I would love QPR to have a good run in a cup or even one day to qualify for Europe again, yet there will always be disappointing results, for instance Newcastle, Man City at home and ManCity away first season, Fulham away and Villa away last season that were games I really enjoyed.

Still, the 1-0 at home the first season against scum will go down as one of the greatest days I ever spent at LR... those two seasons were worth for that alone and only wish I had been at Scumbridge last year to see SWP get his goal

Perhaps I have come to terms with following the Rs and managing my expectations as far as glory is concerned. The slightly disappointing aspect to this season is the many games that have been rather turgid to watch or listen to

totally agree! i was trying to make that point i think...

Bare bones.

southampton in a league of thier own on 18:55 - Jan 12 with 2301 viewsGetMeRangers

southampton in a league of thier own on 10:33 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

totally agree! i was trying to make that point i think...

It was very late at night.... autopilot/moan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024