Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football League Show 12:21 - Jan 13 with 2996 viewsThe_Mole

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but having watched the game on Saturday (albeit from a live stream in Hennessey's pub) the overall consensus to our hugely improved performance, was how well the midfield supported Charlie Austin, previously non-existent in recent weeks...

And, to be fair to Steve Clarridge (who BTW I detest) actually reiterated my views and highlighted the support from the likes Yossi, O'Neil et al...

If we're going to play with the continental 4-2-3-1 formation, we have to get support to the front man, and we did this on Saturday with style.
Football League Show on 12:31 - Jan 13 with 2911 viewsJuzzie

We needed support from the midfield from day 1 of the season but never got it. We were only getting results because the great defence was holidng on to our numerous 1-0 leads.

I really hope that this game highlights the fact the the midfielders have really got to support the striker(s).
Football League Show on 12:38 - Jan 13 with 2875 viewsQPunkR

Football League Show on 12:31 - Jan 13 by Juzzie

We needed support from the midfield from day 1 of the season but never got it. We were only getting results because the great defence was holidng on to our numerous 1-0 leads.

I really hope that this game highlights the fact the the midfielders have really got to support the striker(s).

Yes, well after every game we've hoped that Redknapp has learned some lesson or other, but it never seems to happen.

QPR - "shit but local"

Football League Show on 12:43 - Jan 13 with 2832 viewsPinnerPaul

Football League Show on 12:38 - Jan 13 by QPunkR

Yes, well after every game we've hoped that Redknapp has learned some lesson or other, but it never seems to happen.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Football League Show on 12:44 - Jan 13 with 2816 viewsthemodfather

our formation may frustrate us, used to free flowing passing football....and yrs of misery to boot!
but as long as we're a whisker off the top, he won't tinker much.
we are gambling on a fit austin but he'll need a rest eventually and who to pass th baton too, to secure our promotion hopes?
bobby zamora?? lol lol!
Football League Show on 12:46 - Jan 13 with 2799 viewsQPunkR

Football League Show on 12:43 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

QPR - "shit but local"

Football League Show on 12:52 - Jan 13 with 2758 viewsN12Hoop

Creating lots of chances with no wingers was something that I wasn't expecting. But it seemed to work and gave us scoring options other than Charlie. Same again Saturday?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Football League Show on 13:26 - Jan 13 with 2668 views18StoneOfHoop

STEVE CLARIDGE TALKS SENSE SHOCK!

To paraphrase the O.P.,The Mole:
"..and to be fair to Steve Claridge( who by the way The Mole and 98% of sane,sentient Rangers fans have hitherto detested) he actually reiterated the Moles,Clive's,Neil_SI's,even Holloway's and all our views " :

The Football League Show post IPSvQPR analysis ( a rough 18Stone annotation)

============================

Manish Bhasin: "So Ipswich's very good run of late comes to an end. For a team that finds goals hard to come by that was an extraordinary 3 goals in 23 minutes
from QPR..( looks at SC and with the power of body language & voice inflection alone makes a statement sound like a question) ..?"

Steve Claridge The Oracle (28 clubs,828 apps 255 goals) :
"It was at a vital time in the game.It was a pretty close game up until then. What I liked about them today not only did they get players up in support of Austin - because at times they've left the front player isolated before - but past him as well..lots of THIRD MAN RUNNERS!..lots of midfielders breaking not only in support but past him as well. the three wide players they've got didn't feature..(they were) more concentrated down the centre giving quicker support for the front player. (That) makes Austin's job easier and provides consternation for the defence.(QPR were) much more positive."

They then look at Kranjcar's goal again and criticise the Ipswich defence for allowing Niko to wriggle through. SC then reiterates a point he's been making for a long time - I remember scornfully deriding him on here in 2011 for saying 'what does Taarabt give you off the ball?' -
"A lot is made of what people do on the ball - it's what you do without the ball (that counts equally)."

I always thought Steve Claridge a total peanut, pinheaded fast-talking,empty hand gesticulating, nonsensical rambler. Far out of his depth and when his idiotic opinions are questioned by Mark 'Chappers' Chapman on Radio5Live, he starts to audibly bluster and go all high pitched squeaky. I see him very much in the punditry tradition of that infamous cockney windbag ex Crazy Gang & Blades long ball loving manager Dave 'Harry' Bassett - who speaks so quickly it can mask the fact that he tells you nothing you don't know if your eyes are working.

Third man running (Neil_SI,why haven't you told this mug punter about this genius tactical concept before? Antti Heinola,is this here football really such a complicated game?):

More Third Man Running please Rangers!

SC actually talks some sense for once in his life...who knew?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 13:41]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024