Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ONUOHA 21:20 - Apr 21 with 1024 viewsAustinHarris24

Nedum Onuoha has been one of the stand out performers for me but often gets overlooked has made two goal line clearances in two games and wins everything in the air and has alot of pace for a centre half doesn't get the credit he deseres. CHEIF!!!

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

ONUOHA on 21:26 - Apr 21 with 995 viewsHollowayRanger

I already said my motm

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

ONUOHA on 21:29 - Apr 21 with 976 viewsSnipper

And he'll be dropped for the play offs :-(.
ONUOHA on 21:32 - Apr 21 with 958 viewsHollowayRanger

it will be one off

hill onouha DUNNE simpson
benny hill DUNNE onouha
traore DUNNE onouha simpson

and not

traore hill onouha simpson

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

ONUOHA on 21:36 - Apr 21 with 940 viewsJigsore

the thing is Holloway I don't think Traoré can even convince himself he's a left back. He's a good player but needs to be LM to do anything

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

ONUOHA on 22:02 - Apr 21 with 877 viewsHunterhoop

Completely agree with the OP.

Interestingly though, look at the season long average ratings on the interactive match ratings section of this site. Onouha has the highest average rating of the entire squad, I think.

Part of it, on this site at least, is that Clive and Neil have never been completely convinced by him, and given this is Clive's site (and that he does such an amazing job with it!) and Neil speaks so much sense and is so highly respected, I think that's had a small impact on how he is perceived by fans who frequent this site. Note, I'm not saying Clive and Neil don't rate him, just that the latter has said he thought he was the weakest of the 3 CBs 3 months ago and Clive scores him, in my opinion, relatively harshly.

Another possible reason, and this sounds silly, is that he doesn't have a song, so during a game, the great things he does don't get that very audible positive reinforcement.

Not sure why we don't adopt the old "Gino Padula" song; it's a perfect fit for "Nedum Onouha".

It's surely clear to all now, that "chief" should be the first CB on the team sheet. Whether Redknapp agrees is a different matter.
ONUOHA on 22:05 - Apr 21 with 866 viewsPhilmyRs

ONUOHA on 21:36 - Apr 21 by Jigsore

the thing is Holloway I don't think Traoré can even convince himself he's a left back. He's a good player but needs to be LM to do anything

I'd have Ned in my team as he's a good player, certainly prefer him to Dunne though I'm in the minority in not thinking he was great today. First half especially I thought he struggled. Yes he made a couple of last ditch tackles but his positioning at times forced him to have to make such challenges, plus I felt his distribution regressed first half as well. As I said he'd make my team but surprised at how much praise he's getting after today.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 22:06]
ONUOHA on 22:18 - Apr 21 with 817 viewsCHUBBS

He played very well earlier in the season before getting injured but didn't look up to that level when he returned.
He clearly needs a good run of games to get back to his best and is coming into some decent form and has improved recent performances.
In the 1st half today he looked lost at times which is ridiculous for a player of his experience but he generally makes up for errors due to his excellent pace.
He does sometimes struggle up against big centre forwards when he can get dominated physically like at Wednesday away.
Having said all that he should definitely be in the team as right now he's the in form centre half.
Don't like the stick Dunne gets considering how well he's done for us earlier in the season but he clearly needs a rest.
ONUOHA on 22:19 - Apr 21 with 811 viewsAustinHarris24

ONUOHA on 22:05 - Apr 21 by PhilmyRs

I'd have Ned in my team as he's a good player, certainly prefer him to Dunne though I'm in the minority in not thinking he was great today. First half especially I thought he struggled. Yes he made a couple of last ditch tackles but his positioning at times forced him to have to make such challenges, plus I felt his distribution regressed first half as well. As I said he'd make my team but surprised at how much praise he's getting after today.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 22:06]

Won pretty much everything in the air, threw himself infront of everything, cleared up dunnes errors on numerous occasions, cleared an effort off the line after a poor decision to come for it from green don't see what more he could've done? Was only out of position when he was going forward trying to make an attack

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Login to get fewer ads

ONUOHA on 22:37 - Apr 21 with 752 viewsHunterhoop

ONUOHA on 22:18 - Apr 21 by CHUBBS

He played very well earlier in the season before getting injured but didn't look up to that level when he returned.
He clearly needs a good run of games to get back to his best and is coming into some decent form and has improved recent performances.
In the 1st half today he looked lost at times which is ridiculous for a player of his experience but he generally makes up for errors due to his excellent pace.
He does sometimes struggle up against big centre forwards when he can get dominated physically like at Wednesday away.
Having said all that he should definitely be in the team as right now he's the in form centre half.
Don't like the stick Dunne gets considering how well he's done for us earlier in the season but he clearly needs a rest.

"can get dominated physically"...errr?

He was up against Deeney, one of the most physically strong and aggressive forwards in the league, and he didn't lose out physically at all, at any point.

Complete tosh. He may lose the odd header, which is bound to happen to all CBs, but he doesn't get dominated physically!
ONUOHA on 22:38 - Apr 21 with 749 viewsdaveB

If he hadn't got so many injuries this year he'd have been a regular centre half all season, playing well at the moment and hope it continues, tough call for the playoffs for me all depends on who we play as Dunne/Hill will suit some teams whilst Onoura will suit others.
ONUOHA on 22:47 - Apr 21 with 727 viewsCHUBBS

ONUOHA on 22:37 - Apr 21 by Hunterhoop

"can get dominated physically"...errr?

He was up against Deeney, one of the most physically strong and aggressive forwards in the league, and he didn't lose out physically at all, at any point.

Complete tosh. He may lose the odd header, which is bound to happen to all CBs, but he doesn't get dominated physically!

Sheff Wed away got brushed aside time and time again by their 2 centre forwards.
Once Dunne went off we looked extremely week and exposed physically in that game.
ONUOHA on 22:56 - Apr 21 with 709 viewsPhilmyRs

ONUOHA on 22:19 - Apr 21 by AustinHarris24

Won pretty much everything in the air, threw himself infront of everything, cleared up dunnes errors on numerous occasions, cleared an effort off the line after a poor decision to come for it from green don't see what more he could've done? Was only out of position when he was going forward trying to make an attack

Would dispute won pretty much everything in the air first half. Second half perhaps. Felt he wasn't tight first half, players dropped off and he wasn't sure where he should be. Remember an excellent tackle but felt their guy had peeled off him in the first instance making such a challenge necessary, and wasn't just going forward that he lost the ball. A few times he had it nicked off him when defending in our half. Agreed Dunne was the player struggling most but seen Nedium play a lot better in previous games in my opinion.
ONUOHA on 23:33 - Apr 21 with 649 viewsconnell10

ned was the m.o.t.m , how anyone can dig the guy out after a splendid performance today is beyond me! great player should be playing every game end of!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

ONUOHA on 09:46 - Apr 22 with 517 viewsCHUBBS

ONUOHA on 23:33 - Apr 21 by connell10

ned was the m.o.t.m , how anyone can dig the guy out after a splendid performance today is beyond me! great player should be playing every game end of!

No ones digging him out,that honour has gone to Richard Dunne who's currently in a poor run of form.
I can't find a single post saying Onuoha isn't a good player or didn't have a good over all game yesterday.
The problem is some are looking at him as some sort of savior to all our problems when he's just as fallible as any other player in the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024