Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to the Future 17:20 - Jan 28 with 1885 viewsexiled_dictator

not quite the film, but the car.
the delorean dmc12 is going back into production.
presumably these ones will reach 88mph without the need of a flux capacitor.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/delorean-dmc-12-go-back-production

have to say that i have a model of the car in the collection, but only ever saw the first film. saw one made up like the film car at westfield once. weren't allowed within 50 feet of it. like the brushed aluminium affect, allegedly because they thought the extra weight of the paint would seriously hamper the cars performance. ha!

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Back to the Future on 18:37 - Jan 28 with 1844 viewsBklynRanger

Built in Belfast. I was always quite proud of that when I was a kid. Still am to be honest - was quite a tricky time to build things - a lot of stuff getting 'moved around' at very short notice.
Back to the Future on 19:13 - Jan 28 with 1829 viewsexiled_dictator

yes they were, so technically they count as a british car.

and given how much money the british taxpayer paid to have the factory built and the cars made, they really were british.
shame it was such a shyte car, as it looked quite good. hopefully this time round, they will get it right.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Back to the Future on 19:26 - Jan 28 with 1816 viewsBklynRanger

Back to the Future on 19:13 - Jan 28 by exiled_dictator

yes they were, so technically they count as a british car.

and given how much money the british taxpayer paid to have the factory built and the cars made, they really were british.
shame it was such a shyte car, as it looked quite good. hopefully this time round, they will get it right.

I think it's probably more sensitive to let the cars decide their own nationality - like the tennis players.

As far as the funding goes, there were plenty of British Taxpayers in Northern Ireland contributing to that funding. Granted not nearly as many by the time loads of the other industry had left the country.
Back to the Future on 09:39 - Jan 29 with 1705 viewsToast_R

British built, no wonder they were shite.
I bet the hydrolics on those doors lasted all of a month before they started causing problems.
Back to the Future on 03:19 - Jan 30 with 1667 viewsBklynRanger

Back to the Future on 09:39 - Jan 29 by Toast_R

British built, no wonder they were shite.
I bet the hydrolics on those doors lasted all of a month before they started causing problems.

"Gull winged' if I remember correctly. Like the seagulls in Simple Minds' video for Belfast Child. In my mind it all knits together into one glorious, selective, childhood mindtrip.

Aaaah booze

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024