Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Powell 10:40 - Jun 12 with 1558 viewsAntti_Heinola

I have to admit that my knowledge of teams away from QPR in our league (or below) is not great. But I've just been reading Alex Ferguson's book (not bad), written three or so years ago, and he loves Powell. Says he's a certainty to be a star for England. And now he's League One with Wigan.

What's the word? Will het get a move soon? One we should look at? What happened to him?

Bare bones.

Nick Powell on 11:04 - Jun 12 with 1480 viewsflitwickhoop

I think he picked up a pretty bad injury a few seasons back which may have something to do with.

I remember watching him for Crewe when he was first playing and he looked a cut above, just before Utd signed him. Probably the same as all these talented youngsters now though, earnt enough money already that he doesn't need to give a t*ss anymore.
Nick Powell on 11:04 - Jun 12 with 1476 viewsNorthernr

Looked amazing at Crewe and seemed like a really sound lad as well. Fell out of love with the sport at Man Utd to such an extent that there was talk of him quitting the game altogether. I really rate him and he's had some flashes of recovery at Wigan, including a 10 min hat trick last season. You could say he's exactly the sort of undervalued talent we need to take advantage of, or conclude that if he's been a problem at better run clubs than ours why would he suddenly be able to sort himself out here?
Nick Powell on 11:06 - Jun 12 with 1472 viewsDesertBoot

Didn't Ferguson sign him after he scored an amazing goal for Crewe in a play-off final.
Seem to remember him playing in a couple of League Cup games (standard) and then picking up an injury, Another on the "joined a big club too early" list.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Nick Powell on 11:06 - Jun 12 with 1472 viewsaston_hoop

Attitude problems at Leicester a few years back wasn't there? Either way, didn't look like a player with attitude problems towards the end of last season despite playing in an absolutely dreadful Wigan team.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nick Powell on 12:38 - Jun 12 with 1246 viewsrsonist

Hmm I can't possibly imagine why someone would be vehemently outspoken against Ravel but more equivocal about Powell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024