Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough 11:58 - Aug 21 with 1679 viewsbob566

http://www.thejournal.ie/norman-bettison-charges-dropped-hillsborough-4192835-Au

Didn't see that coming myself.
Hillsborough on 12:05 - Aug 21 with 1654 viewsisawqpratwcity

Problems with witness evidence 29 years after the event? Who would have thought it?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hillsborough on 12:12 - Aug 21 with 1644 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I have posted about this Norman Bettinson before. Without a shadow of doubt, the oiliest rag I ever witnessed giving evidence in my all my days.

Sadly, I am not surprised at all. I have nothing to back this up at all, it's a pure hunch and just a feeling without pinpointing any one individual either. But during the miners' strikes, Orgreave etc. the police did a lot of Thatcher's dirty work. I've always wondered if when the time came, they cashed their markers in when Hillsborough happened.

The cover up went to the top of the government. The SYP knew what they had done and at best, the establishment 'conveniently' turned a blind eye to it.

Don't get me wrong, we are better with police than we are without them. However, all the SYP ever had to do, was put their hands up and admit they'd cocked it up! If they had done that, shown the necessary contrition and worked to ensure it never happened again, I genuinely don't think the families would have sought prosecution. Instead, the police went on a massive cover up, using that piece of dog shit, Kelvin McKenzie and his rag, and the whole government on the day to try and shift the blame to fans.

We may slag scousers off, but their fan base, the club and the city have done their fallen followers and their families proud. Something which we all benefit from indirectly as well. Personally, I hope those scum bags involved in the cover up rot!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hillsborough on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 1611 viewssmegma

Nothing surprises me in regards to Hillsborough.
Hillsborough on 12:28 - Aug 21 with 1593 viewsRangersw12

Let the conspiracy theories commence z z z z z

Duckenfield still has to face trial but if witnesses are changing statements then it must put the rest of the trials in the balance

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 12:36]
Hillsborough on 12:34 - Aug 21 with 1562 viewsJuzzie

"all the SYP ever had to do, was put their hands up and admit they'd cocked it up!" - that would probably mean someone going to prison time for a long time and no one would put themselves forward for that.
Hillsborough on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 1547 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Hillsborough on 12:12 - Aug 21 by PlanetHonneywood

I have posted about this Norman Bettinson before. Without a shadow of doubt, the oiliest rag I ever witnessed giving evidence in my all my days.

Sadly, I am not surprised at all. I have nothing to back this up at all, it's a pure hunch and just a feeling without pinpointing any one individual either. But during the miners' strikes, Orgreave etc. the police did a lot of Thatcher's dirty work. I've always wondered if when the time came, they cashed their markers in when Hillsborough happened.

The cover up went to the top of the government. The SYP knew what they had done and at best, the establishment 'conveniently' turned a blind eye to it.

Don't get me wrong, we are better with police than we are without them. However, all the SYP ever had to do, was put their hands up and admit they'd cocked it up! If they had done that, shown the necessary contrition and worked to ensure it never happened again, I genuinely don't think the families would have sought prosecution. Instead, the police went on a massive cover up, using that piece of dog shit, Kelvin McKenzie and his rag, and the whole government on the day to try and shift the blame to fans.

We may slag scousers off, but their fan base, the club and the city have done their fallen followers and their families proud. Something which we all benefit from indirectly as well. Personally, I hope those scum bags involved in the cover up rot!

All this might be worth repeating all over again except for the fact that in the public inquiry which followed months after Hillsborough Lord Justice Taylor had no truck with the police's evidence and squarely blamed them for the disaster. Everything since has been about Liverpool trying to rid itself of every shred of guilt and face their detractors down. It is nothing to do with a serious cover-up because the bird had already flown by August 1989.

Bettinson, an oily character as you say, was doing what any organisation in the 1980s would have done. Minimise the damage. There wasn't a cats chance of convicting him on the evidence. The charge was 100% political.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 14:06]
Hillsborough on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 1471 viewsTheChef

Hillsborough on 12:28 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

Let the conspiracy theories commence z z z z z

Duckenfield still has to face trial but if witnesses are changing statements then it must put the rest of the trials in the balance

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 12:36]

Freemasons innit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hillsborough on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 1452 viewsTGRRRSSS

Just what I was gonna say but Duckenfield was a worshipful master himself.

Bettison Duckenfield and co should all go down, but Duckenfield is now going to take the belated fall.

Remember it's the cover up afterwards.

Witnesses including PCs and others on the day state they had statements changed by others, oh yes lets not forget everyones favourites West Midlands went to investigate in the early days.

Agree the 80's were what they were, not sure for many its so different now, look at Grenfell!
Login to get fewer ads

Hillsborough on 13:45 - Aug 21 with 1440 viewshopphoops

Thatcher - Murdoch - SYP. What a junta.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024