Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Darren Till 03:24 - Sep 4 with 4108 viewstimcocking

Going for the world title against Tyron Woodley on sat 8th, make sure you all watch.
Come on Darren Till on 07:23 - Sep 4 with 3373 viewsEsox_Lucius

You didn't mention which sport.

The grass is always greener.

Come on Darren Till on 01:42 - Sep 5 with 3241 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 07:23 - Sep 4 by Esox_Lucius

You didn't mention which sport.

The most important sport in terms of national pride, fighting.

Being by far the most important thing happening in Britain, should be front and centre on the BBC, but as usual i imagine the treasonous scum will be focusing about Real fcuking Madrid or some sh!t.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 1:47]
Come on Darren Till on 08:30 - Sep 5 with 3181 viewsEsox_Lucius

Oh, you mean authorised assault causing concussion and brain damage, I'll pass thanks. When I was a kid I thought boxing was exciting but as I got older, and saw the results on the combatants bodies and minds, I'd be quite happy if it was banned; the same with steeplechase horse racing, not really a sport, more a form of animal cruelty.

The grass is always greener.

Come on Darren Till on 16:02 - Sep 5 with 3078 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't rate Darren Till. Not saying he can't win but he's overrated and puts on boring fights. His one impressive fight was against Cerrone and that was just a size mismatch against an unmotivated opponent.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Come on Darren Till on 01:58 - Sep 6 with 2978 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 08:30 - Sep 5 by Esox_Lucius

Oh, you mean authorised assault causing concussion and brain damage, I'll pass thanks. When I was a kid I thought boxing was exciting but as I got older, and saw the results on the combatants bodies and minds, I'd be quite happy if it was banned; the same with steeplechase horse racing, not really a sport, more a form of animal cruelty.

Bloody exciting though.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 5:26]
Come on Darren Till on 05:30 - Sep 6 with 2966 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 16:02 - Sep 5 by Bluce_Ree

I don't rate Darren Till. Not saying he can't win but he's overrated and puts on boring fights. His one impressive fight was against Cerrone and that was just a size mismatch against an unmotivated opponent.

Having watched every single one of his fights, i've found him very impressive in all of them. He's a truly wonderful striker, fantastic to watch imo. Albeit exactly how good, i'm not too sure either. In his early fights he was just way too good for everybody, so he was hardly trying half of the time. If he makes weight, he's also two stone over. The weight cut might literally kill him. He went blind for a period during the last weight cut, which he failed.

Only one boring fight so far, that was against Wonderboy, who, let's not forget, Till beat when 58 out of 58 previous kickboxers had tried and failed. Wonderboy had never lost to a single one. That was an absolutely magnificent result, however cr@p the fight was.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 5:35]
Come on Darren Till on 08:28 - Sep 6 with 2909 viewssmegma

'Truly wonderful striker?' You didn't say he was a footballer.
Come on Darren Till on 14:44 - Sep 6 with 2874 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 08:28 - Sep 6 by smegma

'Truly wonderful striker?' You didn't say he was a footballer.

Well you know, he likes to stand up and strike, which is all i want to watch. I don't like watching the wrestling stuff. Stand up and fight like a man i say.

I mean that's the thing, we start at a massive disadvantage in Britain, having no wrestling background. It's a phenomenal achievment for a British or Irish fighter to develop wrestling skills to be able to compete with countries like America, so Woodley should be starting huge favourite to me. But at least we have somebody in there with a shot.

To me, i can't think of anything more exciting on the planet hardly, surprises me everybody isn't glued to it. I think they would be in most countries. The British are remarkably blase and deprecating of our best Athletes, it's a national trait.

I like watching his interviews as well. He's such a stereotypical scouser it's classic stuff.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 14:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Come on Darren Till on 15:03 - Sep 6 with 2855 viewstimcocking

watch that at 11 minutes and tell me he's not a class act
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 15:06]
Come on Darren Till on 15:05 - Sep 6 with 2849 viewsMick_S

I remember boxer Andy Till from Northolt - he was a milkman.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Come on Darren Till on 15:26 - Sep 6 with 2823 viewstimcocking

Also, Darren Till has the magic traditional Thai Tatoo on his back that should help protect him...
Come on Darren Till on 18:59 - Sep 6 with 2767 viewsJordanFoster

As much as I want Till to win, I think Woodley has the ability to drain the life out of his opponents to a points win. I'd love for Till to do it though and he's going to be way bigger in there than Woodley.

I'm still unsure of him as a person though, the comments about his daughter and just his whole demeanour I struggle to warm to. That being said, you'd be mad not to want a Brit to do the business.
Come on Darren Till on 19:09 - Sep 6 with 2764 viewsGloucs_R

My mate has been part of his coaching team but has just emigrated.

I personally prefer K1 to MMA.... Or any stand up fight.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Come on Darren Till on 03:54 - Sep 8 with 2657 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 19:09 - Sep 6 by Gloucs_R

My mate has been part of his coaching team but has just emigrated.

I personally prefer K1 to MMA.... Or any stand up fight.

Coaching Darren Till? Pretty cool.

Yes, that's the problem. Stand up equals fun, wrestling boring.

As a Muay Thai fan, K1 is just basically a child friendly version of the real sport, no knees or elbows allowed. So i can't be too bothered about K1, it's sort of for the Muay Thai castoffs. A Muay Thai fighter fights a bonafide kick boxer who hasn't done Muay Thai, he's almost certainly going to butcher him immediately. But always fun to watch any stand up and i can't stand the bloody wrestlers. MMA is, as i'm sure anybody who watches will know, usually dominated by bloody boring wrestlers. If you can't wrestle, you've had it. I've little interest in that malarkey. That's why people love Connor. And it's exactly why i love Darren Till. What i love by far the best is MMA when you have two strikers fighting, let's say Till vs McGregor for example.

So excited for tonight. Short of an England world cup final, this is about as exciting as sport or life can get imo.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 4:00]
Come on Darren Till on 04:50 - Sep 8 with 2649 viewstimcocking

They've actually made Till favourite! Ridiculous really.
Come on Darren Till on 08:20 - Sep 8 with 2617 viewstimcocking

Ps Till has made weight...
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 8:21]
Come on Darren Till on 05:31 - Sep 9 with 2515 viewstimcocking

Damn, Woodley battered him. Not particularly surprised, by gutted. Oh well, great effort just to get a title shot to begin with.
Come on Darren Till on 08:57 - Sep 9 with 2445 viewsBluce_Ree

I have to disagree with you, chap. He got the title shot based on a bit of chat and one good performance against a true lightweight. Colby should have got the shot and I'm hoping he gets the next one.

Like I said before, I never saw anything about him that was elite. He's supposedly a great striker but he wasn't knocking many people out. All he had going for him was size. In fact that straight that took him down shows it. Chin up, hands down.

That first round against Woodley? That's Darren Till. For all of his talk that's the Till I'm used to. He can say he was just feeling him out but I've seen plenty of that from him.

That said, this isn't about Till. It's about Woodley. He's starting to look like a legit champion. I'd love to see him fight GSP.

Come on Darren Till on 08:58 - Sep 9 with 2444 viewsBluce_Ree

BTW how great was that whole event? Even the women in the co-main. I normally FF that shit but was glad I didn't. I did fast forward Carla Espaza's fight though.

Come on Darren Till on 11:08 - Sep 9 with 2402 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 08:57 - Sep 9 by Bluce_Ree

I have to disagree with you, chap. He got the title shot based on a bit of chat and one good performance against a true lightweight. Colby should have got the shot and I'm hoping he gets the next one.

Like I said before, I never saw anything about him that was elite. He's supposedly a great striker but he wasn't knocking many people out. All he had going for him was size. In fact that straight that took him down shows it. Chin up, hands down.

That first round against Woodley? That's Darren Till. For all of his talk that's the Till I'm used to. He can say he was just feeling him out but I've seen plenty of that from him.

That said, this isn't about Till. It's about Woodley. He's starting to look like a legit champion. I'd love to see him fight GSP.

Yeah, i mean i wasn't really sure if it was all talk, you never really know in this sport. He's undoubtedly a class striker, but of course there's a fair bit more to it than that. I'm not at all surprised with the result. Was hoping rather than expecting and just thrilled to see him have the chance. Been watching Till for a long time though, and really hoping for this. I just love the style he fights with, literally nobody i'd rather watch accept maybe Connor. Just love watching him move around the ring, superb. I would love to see Till fight Covington, now that's a proper gobshite.

I'd say it was a year too early for Darren Till, probably. Losing to Woodley is no disgrace at all, doesn't mean he isn't a class act. I think all his talk combined with the fact Dana White wants a new British poster boy now Bisping has retired, made it happen. I agree with you, probably shouldn't have happened yet. But Till will fight anybody anytime, which you have to respect.

I do like Tyron Woodley anyway, he always seems like a really decent bloke. I like the people who value their integrity more than the temptation to spout constant sh!t just to try and make more money. If that doesn't sound like pretentious bollox.
Come on Darren Till on 15:59 - Sep 9 with 2367 viewsGloucs_R

Come on Darren Till on 03:54 - Sep 8 by timcocking

Coaching Darren Till? Pretty cool.

Yes, that's the problem. Stand up equals fun, wrestling boring.

As a Muay Thai fan, K1 is just basically a child friendly version of the real sport, no knees or elbows allowed. So i can't be too bothered about K1, it's sort of for the Muay Thai castoffs. A Muay Thai fighter fights a bonafide kick boxer who hasn't done Muay Thai, he's almost certainly going to butcher him immediately. But always fun to watch any stand up and i can't stand the bloody wrestlers. MMA is, as i'm sure anybody who watches will know, usually dominated by bloody boring wrestlers. If you can't wrestle, you've had it. I've little interest in that malarkey. That's why people love Connor. And it's exactly why i love Darren Till. What i love by far the best is MMA when you have two strikers fighting, let's say Till vs McGregor for example.

So excited for tonight. Short of an England world cup final, this is about as exciting as sport or life can get imo.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 4:00]

I enjoy MT too. I've been training in Sanshou for the last two years. My mate was a MT world champion and helped train Till previously.

Being a big lad myself, I've always preferred the big hitters... Which is why I lean towards K1 than MT. But they are all elite athletes and get my respect.

Haven't watched the fight yet. Kids are still up 😁

Come on Darren Till on 19:25 - Sep 9 with 2321 viewsBluce_Ree

I’ve been training MT for the last five years but started when I was 38 and super unathletic. So there’s bit of a ceiling on my abilities.

Come on Darren Till on 20:58 - Sep 9 with 2294 viewsconnell10

Come on Darren Till on 15:05 - Sep 6 by Mick_S

I remember boxer Andy Till from Northolt - he was a milkman.

Yep saw him fight a few times, my old man knew him well!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Come on Darren Till on 21:55 - Sep 9 with 2277 viewsGloucs_R

Come on Darren Till on 19:25 - Sep 9 by Bluce_Ree

I’ve been training MT for the last five years but started when I was 38 and super unathletic. So there’s bit of a ceiling on my abilities.

Same for me this time round. I'm 40 now and just can't keep up with the younger lads. Flexibility let's me down more than fitness. I did KB for a few years in my 20s and would love to be able to do those head kicks again!!

Come on Darren Till on 01:16 - Sep 10 with 2235 viewstimcocking

Come on Darren Till on 21:55 - Sep 9 by Gloucs_R

Same for me this time round. I'm 40 now and just can't keep up with the younger lads. Flexibility let's me down more than fitness. I did KB for a few years in my 20s and would love to be able to do those head kicks again!!

Yeah, unfortunately my flexibility wasn't that great even as i kid. My daughter has amazing natural flexibility, does beautiful head kicks. Completely ruined my ungainly efforts. I prefer boxing for me probably.

There is always something so cool about Muay Thai; all the magic rituals and things, got to love it.

And, of course, absolutely any of them with the guts to reach that level worthy of immense respect. Don't mean to cast any aspersions on K1, i like it. It's just a shame that the like of Buakaw and Saenchi weren't fighting on that stage using Muay Thai. Somebody like Saenchi in particular should be a global superstar.

Here's Buakaw, so cool

And Saenchi, the Messi of Muay Thai. Usually fighting people from heavier weight classes because otherwise it isn't fair.

As opposed to this: (i particularly liked number 2)

[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 2:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024