Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent Podcasts 17:28 - Jan 21 with 3501 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Finally caught up with the 21st Century and starting to subscribe to these.

Open All R’s aside any recommendation? Football or politics especially.
Decent Podcasts on 19:55 - Jan 21 with 3407 viewsgoldie7

Football - that Peter Crouch podcast

Politics - Brexitcast
Decent Podcasts on 20:40 - Jan 21 with 3357 viewsFDC

There was a thread on this in November

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/231793/3330155/

If you've never listened to it, the first series of Serial, which is mentioned in that thread I think, was a big deal at the time. Like the Breaking Bad of the pod world, it kind of redefined the medium!
Decent Podcasts on 20:46 - Jan 21 with 3345 viewsdaveB

The Danny Baker Show
Football Ramble
Lineker and Baker
Peter Crouch Podcast

They get me through the commute to work each week

Also love Wrestle Me which is two blokes re watching every Wrestle Mania and telling the stories of what the wrestlers did in real life from serious crimes to drunken mistakes which is very entertaining and has ruined many childhood memories
Decent Podcasts on 20:58 - Jan 21 with 3335 viewsHadders

An interesting list here. I really enjoy the Matt Forde and Miliband ones. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jun/17/political-podcasts-10-of-th
Decent Podcasts on 21:09 - Jan 21 with 3325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Decent Podcasts on 20:40 - Jan 21 by FDC

There was a thread on this in November

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/231793/3330155/

If you've never listened to it, the first series of Serial, which is mentioned in that thread I think, was a big deal at the time. Like the Breaking Bad of the pod world, it kind of redefined the medium!

Class mate ta. Surprised at your interest in The New Sneersman!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 21:09]
Decent Podcasts on 21:34 - Jan 21 with 3303 viewsPeterHucker

Party Games is a very good podcast for politics.

http://partygamespodcast.com/

http://www.trustthewizards.com
That's my podcast, not politics or football, it's a music one.
Decent Podcasts on 21:41 - Jan 21 with 3292 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

For what it's worth, I run a podcast over here in NZ, mainly featuring Retro music, movies and films, But as he's an old mate did a fabulous interview with Glen Matlock from the Sex Pistols, A HUGE rangers fan, , well worth a listen, even signs of with a "U Rs!" LOL
http://traffic.libsyn.com/retrogasmicpodcast/Podcast_4.mp3

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Decent Podcasts on 22:07 - Jan 21 with 3269 viewsDevonWhite

Second Captains is very good for football. Irish but mainly focused on English and other European football. Ken Early is brilliant.

On top of that I pick whichever of Football Weekly and the Totally Football Show has the best (or least annoying) guests. Rarely seems any point listening to both.

Nessun Dorma is also worth a look, it's mainly focused on 80s and 90s football.

For politics, I've no idea what your political views are but some of the Novara podcasts are excellent, usually the ones hosted by James Butler. There was a superb one on Britain's relationship with Saudi Arabia a few months back. They're all on youtube as well as via podcast.

Aside from football and politics, Dan Carlin is good for history and Adam Buxton for interviews/comedy.
Login to get fewer ads

Decent Podcasts on 22:46 - Jan 21 with 3231 viewsFDC

Decent Podcasts on 21:09 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Class mate ta. Surprised at your interest in The New Sneersman!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 21:09]

And Nick Robinson and Kevin Schofield and chums too!

With the Statesman I do find Stephen Bush's analysis useful. He's one of very few political journalists who seems to come pretty close to being objective, and for example was calling the 2016 election correctly early doors, despite being pretty died in the wool Blairite. . Having said that, the format of the show is Helen Lewis asking Bush stuff and then interrupting him which is pretty infuriating.
Decent Podcasts on 00:37 - Jan 22 with 3191 viewsJigsore

Decent Podcasts on 20:58 - Jan 21 by Hadders

An interesting list here. I really enjoy the Matt Forde and Miliband ones. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jun/17/political-podcasts-10-of-th

if Matt Fordge's brand of politics didn't want to make me vomit profusely into a canal i'd probably enjoy that. he's destined for a cosy seat on a smug radio 4 panel show.

The Not The Top 20 podcast is a pretty substantial bi-weekly review of EFL football. it's not very humourous but there's a lot of effort but into it and it's nice to see a podcast actually pay attention to anything except the beloved Premier League

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Decent Podcasts on 09:18 - Jan 22 with 3070 viewsrobith

Decent Podcasts on 22:07 - Jan 21 by DevonWhite

Second Captains is very good for football. Irish but mainly focused on English and other European football. Ken Early is brilliant.

On top of that I pick whichever of Football Weekly and the Totally Football Show has the best (or least annoying) guests. Rarely seems any point listening to both.

Nessun Dorma is also worth a look, it's mainly focused on 80s and 90s football.

For politics, I've no idea what your political views are but some of the Novara podcasts are excellent, usually the ones hosted by James Butler. There was a superb one on Britain's relationship with Saudi Arabia a few months back. They're all on youtube as well as via podcast.

Aside from football and politics, Dan Carlin is good for history and Adam Buxton for interviews/comedy.

One of the guys from Nessun Dorma also does the Blood and Mud rugby podcast, which is both funny and reassuring that I'm not the only rugby fan who isn't a raging Tory
Decent Podcasts on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 2824 viewsTacticalR

I recommend Tom O'Brien's 'Alpha to Omega' podcast.

A couple of weeks ago he interviewed Michael Roberts about 'World In Crisis' a book Roberts edited last year. They discuss:

1) The rate of profit in the 19th century as compared to today
2) The empirical evidence pointing away from Keynesian explanations of the crisis
3) Roberts' prognosis for the Euro

Tom O'Brien also puts the podcasts on Youtube

Air hostess clique

Decent Podcasts on 20:53 - Feb 3 with 2737 viewsFDC

Decent Podcasts on 17:24 - Feb 3 by TacticalR

I recommend Tom O'Brien's 'Alpha to Omega' podcast.

A couple of weeks ago he interviewed Michael Roberts about 'World In Crisis' a book Roberts edited last year. They discuss:

1) The rate of profit in the 19th century as compared to today
2) The empirical evidence pointing away from Keynesian explanations of the crisis
3) Roberts' prognosis for the Euro

Tom O'Brien also puts the podcasts on Youtube

I'll check that out, cheers
Decent Podcasts on 09:20 - Feb 4 with 2648 viewsrobith

If you can deal with the slightly rubbish banter and Widdecombe's annoying laugh, Quickly Kevin will he score is great. 90s football podcast that does brilliant interviews. In the recent season the Gary Neville and Stuart Pearce ones are absolutely brilliant
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024