Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does it matter? 08:59 - Feb 21 with 648 viewsDixie_CT

I am starting to question a lot about my obsessive addiction to QPR.

I find the current debate about owners v management v coaches v players exhausting and fruitless.

The amount of time, energy, commitment, and passion, invested by the fans far outweighs what we are receiving back from anyone employed by the club.

There are horrors I have heard about which I can’t share as they are second-hand, but they are pretty daming and would be very damaging if they were to see the light of day.

Hearing about some of the things going on has been demoralising for me, and I’m not sure it is healthy to keep finding these things out without it leading to some positive change.

Whatever your position on the current arguments, it has to be seen that the club is in a risky situation, both on and off the pitch. We may be supporters, but we are not blind to the current risks that we face.

I hope that we stay up this season and the shareholders conduct a root and branch review of our current operations so that in future seasons, we can be proud of our club.

I will be there on Saturday to support the team and whoever is in the dugout (apart from Nathan Jones). It’s time for a siege mentality, win, win ugly, just bloody win, and then everyone takes a moment to reflect and who we are, where we want to be, what we need to do to get there and who can make that happen?

Come on U R’s
Does it matter? on 09:27 - Feb 21 with 519 viewsJuzzie

It does indeed very much depend on the individual.

It used to mean a lot more to me before I had a family. As much as I'd love to, I just don't have the time or money to go regularly anymore. I guess that means I don't take times like now as hard as I used to. My priorities have changed.

I just can't get all frothed up in the mouth spitting out 'he has to go' and writing paragraphs about the rights & wrongs of the manger, players, DoF, CEO, owners and so on and know how to solve it and turn us into a promotion winning team.
As difficult as it is, I have to trust those in charge and if they move on, then I have to trust those who take over.
I applaud anyone who does, as I used to (I was on the pitch v Man City!), have the time & energy to challenge the club when things are not going well but it has to be constructive and direct engagement with the club, not just writing on social media and sitting back thinking job done.

I guess there's the middle ground where people like to go to games to meet up with friends, have a day out, take the family if they can and so on. Then 90 mins of football gets in the way.

It really is each unto their own.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 9:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024