Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's all in the pronunciation " Shoot" as opposed to "Chute" 16:46 - Aug 6 with 499 viewsJules4367

For the last couple of seasons I have been (and WILL continue) bemoaning the fact that - for whatever reason (and no, its not because they don't have the ball!) when we practice shooting before the game the players seem to know how to do it but then, when the game starts we CONSISTENTLY (and its about the only thing we can use that word for) FAIL to shoot!

I have previously suggested that:

1. They put dummies (real ones not certain players) dressed in the opposing team's strip in front of the practice shooting net prior to the game so that the presence of players in front of a goal isn't a surprise...but no they won't do that!

2. I have suggested that they draw a line between the halfway line and Penalty area (like in Subbuteo) so when our players cross it they know they can shoot.

3. I have suggested that the Shooting coaches are paid their salary on the basis of how many times our players shoot in a game.

4. I have suggested that if another team score more goals than the R's have shots (irrespective of on or off target) then there is something wrong and we won't be able to win...but still no shots.

I am at a loss what else to suggest but I'll give it a go - based on the players we have.....

Someone explains the difference between 'Shoot' (meaning we have a chance of staying up) and 'Chute' which means sliding uncontrolled and inexorably to the lower league.

There is some incentive introduced for the team if they have more shots on target than the other team...this works for the whole team.

OR we all shout 'SHOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!" but we need to be careful that this isn't misheard in the first half and if they don't, in the second half we can change the vowel.

Surely someone somewhere can explain that having the first shot on target in the 91st minute says that something is wrong!

I'll be back next week and if you want me to stop pointing this out please write a letter to either the Shooting Coach, c/o QPR etc or Gareth.

[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 16:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024