Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading some of the posts on here 22:01 - Feb 10 with 569 viewsloftboy

Has made me realise that I'm extremely under travelled.
Apart from one holiday in Florida 10 years ago I've never been further than Europe, and that's only western Europe, 45 in April and with 3 kids still under 10 and the 3 over 10 still at home, all 3 boys being special needs I can't see that changing in the near future either, keep the threads coming of all your long haul schenaningans as I feel this is the only way I'll get to experience it!!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Reading some of the posts on here on 22:14 - Feb 10 with 536 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'm off to Sri Lanka at xmas with stop over in Delhi
Reading some of the posts on here on 22:15 - Feb 10 with 530 viewsTGRRRSSS

Seriously though you gotta do what you gotta do, what you do and have done is far more important and impressive than any trip anywhere.
Massive respect.
Reading some of the posts on here on 22:16 - Feb 10 with 529 viewsloftboy

Reading some of the posts on here on 22:14 - Feb 10 by TGRRRSSS

I'm off to Sri Lanka at xmas with stop over in Delhi

Closest I'll get to that will be a Ruby for my wedding anniversary on Monday.

Reading some of the posts on here on 22:18 - Feb 10 with 521 viewsloftboy

Reading some of the posts on here on 22:15 - Feb 10 by TGRRRSSS

Seriously though you gotta do what you gotta do, what you do and have done is far more important and impressive than any trip anywhere.
Massive respect.

As the mrs says, if we can't look after them who will.

Reading some of the posts on here on 22:18 - Feb 10 with 519 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ruby's are better here than they are there.
Reading some of the posts on here on 22:56 - Feb 10 with 478 viewsscot1963

does sound like that must be a lot of work you've got at home. was just thinking what hard work my two grown up lads were - they were trying to break the settee, strangle each other and sing-a-long to elton john on bbc4 at the same time - nothing in comparison i would imagine
Reading some of the posts on here on 02:22 - Feb 11 with 435 viewsRangersandProud

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to. ~John Ed Pearce
I would trade every single mile I travelled, for an extra second with my wife and kids right now.

Great post loft boy
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

of course my f**k ups look bad when you remember then!

Reading some of the posts on here on 02:29 - Feb 11 with 430 viewsSharpy

"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to. ~John Ed Pearce"

So true.

And Loftboy you`ve been around this globe many times my friend.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Login to get fewer ads

Reading some of the posts on here on 02:58 - Feb 11 with 427 views1MoreBrightonR

I'm currently in Vietnam as I quit my job to go travelling round central America and southeast Asia. I don't have kids though so don't have that added responsibility.

The problem with long haul travel is its so expensive. Ive been to places like Slovenia, Poland and Lithuania and they are dirt cheap and interesting places even with kids.
Reading some of the posts on here on 03:15 - Feb 11 with 423 viewssheppetonrs

Reading some of the posts on here on 02:22 - Feb 11 by RangersandProud

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to. ~John Ed Pearce
I would trade every single mile I travelled, for an extra second with my wife and kids right now.

Great post loft boy
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Christ mate, don't mean to pry but I have some horrific thoughts going through my head after reading that. Please tell me I'm overreacting and you just don't get to see them, rather than what I'm thinking??
Reading some of the posts on here on 04:16 - Feb 11 with 414 viewsRangersandProud

Sorry Shep' I should have expanded. I worked all over the world for years. I am still married to the girl I first started 'going out with' 31 years ago and we have 4 incredible girls, 1 of which is travelling the world as we 'speak'. AARRGGHHHhhh
But what I regret, is not being at here a time when they stopped being babies and became ladies.
I missed the school years, the first boyfriend years, their first trip to a pub, I even missed all the queuing for the bathroom years.
Loftboy, it's really not all it's cracked up to be, trust me.

of course my f**k ups look bad when you remember then!

Reading some of the posts on here on 05:22 - Feb 11 with 402 viewsBklynRanger

Respect to you LB. I've travelled a reasonable amount and have run a couple of weekly groups for special needs guys for years. I can't assume but I'll bet you have madder and more amusing experiences than most people get sitting on a beach. I'm generalizing but I think there's truth in it.
Reading some of the posts on here on 06:33 - Feb 11 with 382 viewsstuartqpr

Im living in Melbourne now, traveled the whole australian east coast from cooktown to melbourne, worked on a few farms, did some bloody hard work and now I want to get a permanent visa to stay here. Totally fallen in love with the place. Miss football, family and friends but im only 26 - plenty of time to go home in the future if needs be.
Reading some of the posts on here on 07:00 - Feb 11 with 376 viewsloftboy

Thanks for the kind replys, makes you proud to be a Ranger.
It's not so much the cost that stops the travelling it's more logistical, as my kids have mental disabilities rather than physical it makes it very hard for strangers particularly pensioners to understand, to look at, at first glance you couldn't tell the difference between my kids and anyone else's, it's once they kick off the problems start, my eldest has Autism and mild OCD, he used to be hyper but as he's got older it's turned more into aggression, he can't go out unsupervised as part of his condition means that once given an instruction he must carry it out, the local gits take great pleasure in getting him into all sorts of bother by telling him to do stupid things,he also eats for three! my youngest is extremely violent, he gouges faces and has the worst tantrums I have seen on any child, in the last month he has thrown a tv, an iPad and two iPhones, costing me a fortune, he is only 4 and has already been delayed at school by a year, my middle one has learning difficulties and has ADHD but is probably the least trouble of the 3.
The two eldest have season tickets at QPR and really enjoy it, and is probably the only time they sit down for any length of time, although having a six year old running around the house or shops singing Fark off Chelsea west London is ours can be a bit of a problem.
My daughters belong to an organisation called Surrey young carers who take them out for fun days and run support groups helping them to understand why their brothers are like they are.

Reading some of the posts on here on 09:47 - Feb 11 with 303 viewsbosh67

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:19 - Feb 11 with 281 viewsTheBlob

Reading some of the posts on here on 09:47 - Feb 11 by bosh67

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me.

I'm afraid it's a one way ticket Bosh.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:23 - Feb 11 with 277 viewsTheBlob

Reading some of the posts on here on 07:00 - Feb 11 by loftboy

Thanks for the kind replys, makes you proud to be a Ranger.
It's not so much the cost that stops the travelling it's more logistical, as my kids have mental disabilities rather than physical it makes it very hard for strangers particularly pensioners to understand, to look at, at first glance you couldn't tell the difference between my kids and anyone else's, it's once they kick off the problems start, my eldest has Autism and mild OCD, he used to be hyper but as he's got older it's turned more into aggression, he can't go out unsupervised as part of his condition means that once given an instruction he must carry it out, the local gits take great pleasure in getting him into all sorts of bother by telling him to do stupid things,he also eats for three! my youngest is extremely violent, he gouges faces and has the worst tantrums I have seen on any child, in the last month he has thrown a tv, an iPad and two iPhones, costing me a fortune, he is only 4 and has already been delayed at school by a year, my middle one has learning difficulties and has ADHD but is probably the least trouble of the 3.
The two eldest have season tickets at QPR and really enjoy it, and is probably the only time they sit down for any length of time, although having a six year old running around the house or shops singing Fark off Chelsea west London is ours can be a bit of a problem.
My daughters belong to an organisation called Surrey young carers who take them out for fun days and run support groups helping them to understand why their brothers are like they are.

LB,you deserve some respite care.If you can stomach the thought of someone looking after the kids for a while,it's not desertion or a betrayal you just need some space to get the old head together a bit and recharge the batteries.Chin up,you're doing an amazing job.

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:31 - Feb 11 with 265 viewsloftboy

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:23 - Feb 11 by TheBlob

LB,you deserve some respite care.If you can stomach the thought of someone looking after the kids for a while,it's not desertion or a betrayal you just need some space to get the old head together a bit and recharge the batteries.Chin up,you're doing an amazing job.

My eldest refused to go, even for a night, he smashed his bedroom up at the slightest suggestion.

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:45 - Feb 11 with 245 viewsTheBlob

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:31 - Feb 11 by loftboy

My eldest refused to go, even for a night, he smashed his bedroom up at the slightest suggestion.

Very distressing LB.
Reasonably similar situation looking after my little bruv,my life carved up into four hour chunks,haven't been away for a good fifteen years.I'm always afraid that getting the social services to look after him even temporarily is like delivering him into the hands of his enemies - since he has Tourettes of a sort it's no time before they're abusing him,and now he's terrified of strangers and being alone.You may have to pull up the drawbridge for a while and tough it out.But like me it may be the odd holiday video and a sun lamp.

Reading some of the posts on here on 11:11 - Feb 11 with 229 viewsscot1963

always resolve not to moan about my lot when i read what other people deal with on a daily basis - lasts all of 2 hours
Reading some of the posts on here on 11:44 - Feb 11 with 203 viewsHollowayRanger

i love traveling but find as the older i get the more worried i get about going to places want to visit moscow see those militrary museums massive air and tank one but unless you go with a authorised agentcy and pay top whack its pretty risky
same with peru mexico rio china so i guess i go west europe again maybe norway

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Reading some of the posts on here on 11:48 - Feb 11 with 195 viewsTGRRRSSS

I went to China in 2008 Holloway. A friend was living in Shanghai so organised for myself to do a trip from Beijing to Shanghai taking in sites then met him there and we went down to HK for a few days at the end.
You can do China alone, fairly safe but it's more language barrier really.
Likewise my sis did South America last year with boyf on there own, had a whale fo a time, it is expensive though.
Reading some of the posts on here on 11:54 - Feb 11 with 187 viewsloftboy

Reading some of the posts on here on 10:45 - Feb 11 by TheBlob

Very distressing LB.
Reasonably similar situation looking after my little bruv,my life carved up into four hour chunks,haven't been away for a good fifteen years.I'm always afraid that getting the social services to look after him even temporarily is like delivering him into the hands of his enemies - since he has Tourettes of a sort it's no time before they're abusing him,and now he's terrified of strangers and being alone.You may have to pull up the drawbridge for a while and tough it out.But like me it may be the odd holiday video and a sun lamp.

Don't start on about social services, apparantly we don't need much support because we cope and the house is clean, we tried to get a disabled facilities grant to build an extension so the girls could have some privacy and were turned down because the disability wasn't physical.

Reading some of the posts on here on 12:33 - Feb 11 with 157 viewsTheBlob

Reading some of the posts on here on 11:54 - Feb 11 by loftboy

Don't start on about social services, apparantly we don't need much support because we cope and the house is clean, we tried to get a disabled facilities grant to build an extension so the girls could have some privacy and were turned down because the disability wasn't physical.

Mate the London services are crap.Better off out of it where they're not bogged down by weight of numbers and the local authorities elsewhere are looking for ways to spend their grant money - they earn out of it 'an all.They threw money at us like confetti when we first landed in Wales.But it's all dried up now - we've had the bleedin' lot!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024