Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium 13:19 - Jun 29 with 2561 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~1185238,00.html

Football and Rugby, hotel, conf centre.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 13:22 - Jun 29 with 2541 viewsGloucs_R

No way our new stadium will be Warren Park at least!!

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 13:25 - Jun 29 with 2514 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I foresee the last two box windows will not be able to see a goal each with that design.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 13:37 - Jun 29 with 2463 viewsJonDoeman

Bit of an improvement on Griffin Park!
Is a pub on each corner in the plans?

It Is What It Is !!

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 13:47 - Jun 29 with 2430 viewsTacticalR

There's something strange about the roof. Maybe it's the picture, but the roofing material looks like corrugated iron, and those supporting columns look a bit heavy duty for the stadium. The roofing also doesn't seem to match the curved Emirates Stadium/Falmer Stadium style seating.

Air hostess clique

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 14:03 - Jun 29 with 2368 viewsPacal_Votan

Good on em'.

"Try the whine!!!"

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 14:10 - Jun 29 with 2349 viewsDave_Lazy

One road access and surrounded by railway lines. It'll be fun getting in and out of there. Not sure whether Kew Bridge station could cope with the 5,000 fans going through there.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 14:13 - Jun 29 with 2333 viewsNorthernr

Presumably that will be the new permanent home of London Broncos as well as they want to leave the Stoop and have played at Brentford previously.

Looks fantastic, but more than they need.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 2259 viewsfactamondo2

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 14:10 - Jun 29 by Dave_Lazy

One road access and surrounded by railway lines. It'll be fun getting in and out of there. Not sure whether Kew Bridge station could cope with the 5,000 fans going through there.

only when the garden show is on would they get 5000.....brentford struggle to fill a three piece suite!
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:19 - Jun 29 with 2122 viewsnadera78

That article you've linked to is two years out of date.

The club have, however, bought the site and plan to develop it. Brentford is now owned by Matthew Benham, who has just bought it from the Supporters Trust and he has also bought the site at Lionel Rd. The plan now is for a 15k seater.

No idea if the Broncos will be interested or not, they keep saying they're looking but no more than that. London Welsh might be interested too.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:22 - Jun 29 with 2113 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:19 - Jun 29 by nadera78

That article you've linked to is two years out of date.

The club have, however, bought the site and plan to develop it. Brentford is now owned by Matthew Benham, who has just bought it from the Supporters Trust and he has also bought the site at Lionel Rd. The plan now is for a 15k seater.

No idea if the Broncos will be interested or not, they keep saying they're looking but no more than that. London Welsh might be interested too.

GOOD SPOT

That will teach me to copy a link from another site

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:26 - Jun 29 with 2103 viewsJuzzie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18642637

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:28 - Jun 29 with 2100 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:26 - Jun 29 by Juzzie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18642637

EVEN BETTER SPOT

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:29 - Jun 29 with 2098 viewsMrSheen

Sadly, I can't see the Broncos wanting or being able to afford a share of a 20,000 seat stadium. I know London Irish want to come back to London (OK, Middlesex) and have discussed this with Brentford. Wasps might want to come back too.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:00 - Jun 29 with 2053 viewsnadera78

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:29 - Jun 29 by MrSheen

Sadly, I can't see the Broncos wanting or being able to afford a share of a 20,000 seat stadium. I know London Irish want to come back to London (OK, Middlesex) and have discussed this with Brentford. Wasps might want to come back too.

Have Wasps gone bust yet?
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:01 - Jun 29 with 2050 viewscollegeranger

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 16:29 - Jun 29 by MrSheen

London Irish do not want to come back to London as they are firmly established at Reading with a growing spectator base in the Thames Valley. They signed a deal with Madejski to be guaranteed tenure until 2026. Far more likely is London Welsh who have been promoted to the Premiership but cannot use the Old Deer Park ground for Prem games. They have put forward a plan to use the Kassam at Oxford but Prem Rugby have thrown that out and they are currently appealing.

Wasps are the best bet for us. Changed hands today but I hear this is only a stop gap as the new owners want to save it from Administration but want to run it but sell it on at cost as soon as possible. If they get a generous benefactor then having them as tenants at a "New Loftus" would help the build costs.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:02 - Jun 29 with 2047 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:00 - Jun 29 by nadera78

Have Wasps gone bust yet?

Just announced new owners

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:03 - Jun 29 with 2040 viewsloftboy

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:01 - Jun 29 by collegeranger

London Irish do not want to come back to London as they are firmly established at Reading with a growing spectator base in the Thames Valley. They signed a deal with Madejski to be guaranteed tenure until 2026. Far more likely is London Welsh who have been promoted to the Premiership but cannot use the Old Deer Park ground for Prem games. They have put forward a plan to use the Kassam at Oxford but Prem Rugby have thrown that out and they are currently appealing.

Wasps are the best bet for us. Changed hands today but I hear this is only a stop gap as the new owners want to save it from Administration but want to run it but sell it on at cost as soon as possible. If they get a generous benefactor then having them as tenants at a "New Loftus" would help the build costs.

Am I imagining I read that the PL doesn't want it's teams sharing with egg chasers?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:07 - Jun 29 with 2036 viewsnadera78

When you say 'for us' I assume you mean moving into any new stadium for QPR? Don't see it happening at all. They'd struggle to half fill Loftus Rd, never mind the 35-40k Tony Fernandes seems to have in mind. It just wouldn't be worth their while. Besides, rugby union (unlike rugby league) does do a lot of damage to the pitch because of the scrums and the rucks.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:10 - Jun 29 with 2030 viewsnadera78

Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 17:03 - Jun 29 by loftboy

Am I imagining I read that the PL doesn't want it's teams sharing with egg chasers?

Dave Whelan used to claim that the Warriors could not play at home 24 hours before a football game, but when the club called his bluff recently it turned out there was no such rule.

Rugby Union, however, does have a primacy of tenure rule - but only for new clubs coming into the top flight, those clubs already there can play where they want.
Brentford - new 20,000 stadium on 18:00 - Jun 29 with 1978 viewsMrSheen

I didn't know about their deal. I mentioned it because a friend of a friend was a director there and he told me they were desperate to get out back to London as they lost money every year. Maybe they have new owners, a better rent or more TV money, because the crowds aren't any better.

I wouldn't be surprised if London Welsh have gone bust by the time the ground is built (if ever). They nearly went under 2 years ago, and have had average crowds of about 1,200. I can see them crashing and burning like Gretna.

When Lionel Road was first proposed, there was talk of linking it to Heathrow by a monorail. I wrote to my local paper at the time suggesting it might be more cost-effective to issue everyone with a personal jet-pack instead. Another problem they'll have is that the current site users will want to carry on fly-tipping on site. I hope they have enough at home games to scare them off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024