Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium location 16:58 - Jul 14 with 1541 viewsWesty75

Just thinking about the new stadium location and how gutted I would be if we were to move out to Park Royal. To me it would be as bad as moving out to Uxbridge. No offence to anyone who lives out that way but it's the middle of bloody nowhere, no decent pubs and well out of the way.
It would be a shame if we ended up with Brentford and Fulham being in far better locations than us.

Where did that times article get the bit about the stadium definitely being in White City from?

Don't want to sound like I'm having a whinge but it would be a bloody shame if we moved away from Shepherds Bush/White City.

Stadium location on 17:04 - Jul 14 with 1521 viewshoopsa07

I do agree but it's quite a big 'if'
Let's just wait and then embrace whatever does happen
In Tony we trust
Stadium location on 17:13 - Jul 14 with 1491 viewsWesty75

Stadium location on 17:04 - Jul 14 by hoopsa07

I do agree but it's quite a big 'if'
Let's just wait and then embrace whatever does happen
In Tony we trust

I'm sure I'd get used to it, but from a selfish point of view I'd really miss being able to walk to games. It's probably not such a big deal for people that drive there or whatever.
Stadium location on 17:22 - Jul 14 with 1461 viewsMarshman

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves

There you go again with them negative waves

Stadium location on 17:23 - Jul 14 with 1459 viewscalders

Agree with you mate, I live in Greenford and one of the sites rumored was the old glaxo sports club 5 min walk for me but cerainly wouldnt want our new stadium there. Will be gutted if we move away from shepherds bush, it will be one thing losing loftus rd But to change everything about people's whole matchday would be a huge risk for the club IMO.
Stadium location on 17:30 - Jul 14 with 1434 viewsNov77

I'd support the BBC or Unigate sites 100% purely because of the transport links, wouldn't really feel like a move at all, most people would make exactly the same journey to games.

The further away from LR the move the less I'd like it.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Stadium location on 17:43 - Jul 14 with 1404 viewsLewes_r

We dont know where yet so why waste your energy worrying

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Stadium location on 17:47 - Jul 14 with 1394 viewsHAYESBOY

If they are going to use the new stadium as an alternative event stadium as well then i doubt it will come out to Uxbridge or the like.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stadium location on 17:47 - Jul 14 with 1394 viewswittle

didnt tony say west london,lets trust the man he has done ok so far
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium location on 20:10 - Jul 14 with 1228 viewsbenbu

I hope they can stay in the white city shepherds bush area but if they were to move further out its a huge catchment area. The A40 corridor from uxbridge to our current stadium could potentially attract lots more fans. Ruislip uxbridge hillingdon eastcote greenford are big areas for rangers supporters so I can't see it being a risk. I would travel anywhere to watch them and if it's 15 mins from the current ground either direction it will have no massive impact. The history and routes of the club would be over but taking it forward I believe outer west London would be a massive catchment area.
Stadium location on 21:03 - Jul 14 with 1168 views18StoneOfHoop

Stadium location on 20:10 - Jul 14 by benbu

I hope they can stay in the white city shepherds bush area but if they were to move further out its a huge catchment area. The A40 corridor from uxbridge to our current stadium could potentially attract lots more fans. Ruislip uxbridge hillingdon eastcote greenford are big areas for rangers supporters so I can't see it being a risk. I would travel anywhere to watch them and if it's 15 mins from the current ground either direction it will have no massive impact. The history and routes of the club would be over but taking it forward I believe outer west London would be a massive catchment area.

Location!Location!Location!
The only reason Tony and Lakshmi (&Tango & Cash before them and many of the more high profile players in the squad) are involved at little old QPR is it's central London location.(We're currently a 10min drive from Lakshmi's Palace Gardens lavish London mansion)There's no way TF is gonna take us backwards,it's a matter of prestige,they will pay whatever they have to pay.Out to the 'burbs..Amit wouldn't be caught dead out there...so I'm 100% sure it's nix to the hicks from The Sticks.
Would bet my bottom R's harris $$$ that the new stadium will be in W12.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Stadium location on 21:07 - Jul 14 with 1161 viewsSpiritofGregory

Stadium location on 20:10 - Jul 14 by benbu

It's not just about the stadium for Rangers, it's also about a multi use arena for concerts, exhibitions and other sporting events. If you want to hire the stadium out for these types of events, you're more likely to have more bookings/contracts if the stadium is in urban West London. Shepherds Bush has great transport links and is a vibrant area, we have the most accessible ground in the country. People want the whole package, they might want to meet their friends for a drink or have something to eat before or after a concert. It's more pleasurable to go for a drink in places like Notting Hill, Holland Park or the Bush prior to a concert rather than having to settle for a drink in a grotty pub in Uxbridge or Greenford. Companies that hire venues know this.

There's also sponsorship to think about, we'd get much more revenue in advertising space and sponsorship in our area as there is a higher volume of people living in the area and a shopping centre which is visited by thousands of people on a daily basis.
Stadium location on 21:15 - Jul 14 with 1155 viewscollegeranger

Stadium location on 21:03 - Jul 14 by 18StoneOfHoop

The only reason Tony and Lakshmi (&Tango & Cash before them and many of the more high profile players in the squad) are involved at little old QPR is it's central London location.(We're currently a 10min drive from Lakshmi's Palace Gardens lavish London mansion)There's no way TF is gonna take us backwards,it's a matter of prestige,they will pay whatever they have to pay.Out to the 'burbs..Amit wouldn't be caught dead out there...so I'm 100% sure it's nix to the hicks from The Sticks.

Hope its not Park Royal - road links are terrible from anywhere but Harlesden & Neasden!! Greenford etc are not much better as most from North or South of Greenford, Harrow and that area have to take to M25 and down the A40 or be faced with a long jam to get there -especially if its 30K plus crowds!

Good transport links are really important train, tube, bus as well as by car! Somewhere near White City is the obvious choice for "New Loftus" with great transport links and infrastructure having just been upgraded for Westfield a few years ago and the area crying out for a "Tune Hotel" attached to house all those Asian shoppers flying in on Air Asia and our Scandinavian friends over for the weekend!
Stadium location on 21:28 - Jul 14 with 1144 viewsSpiritofGregory

Stadium location on 21:03 - Jul 14 by 18StoneOfHoop

True, Mittal and co have a reputation to uphold.

It's also the reason why Chelsea and Fulham got wealthy benefactors whereas little old Brentford who are situated further out in a less desirable area, are still waiting. Got to hand it to the Bees though even they are looking at a site further in, not out.

It's acceptable to have the training ground further out but not the stadium, in particular when your aim is to hire it out to thousands of people.
Stadium location on 21:46 - Jul 14 with 1116 viewsted_hendrix

I've just bought a nice terraced house in downtown Otjiwarongo Namibia so I'm hoping Tony (as he likes to be called on this MB) builds us all a nice 45,000 seater stadium with a sliding roof and good transport facilities.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024