Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract 16:06 - Aug 2 with 1041 viewsclassof93

I see he has signed a new deal. I haven't seen him play, anyone know much about him? Dave Mcintyre reckons he's improved a fair bit over the last year.
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 16:20 - Aug 2 with 1000 viewsNeil_SI

I agree, having seen him play a few times.

A decent footballing brain, but a player who needs to be loaned now to a League 2 club to gain valuable experience at professional level. My feeling is that he won't progress much if he stays with the Reserves, but lower down than League 2 may not be of much benefit either.

We saw him play against Aldershot recently. Prior to that, last season when I saw him he seemed to have a decent delivery on him as well, but that wasn't as obvious in the match against Aldershot.
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 20:52 - Aug 2 with 866 viewsderbyhoop

One of his colleagues in the Ireland U19 side, Carruthers, has already played a couple of Premiership games. He'd benefit enormously from a spell with a L2 club and, provided he keeps on the straight and narrow, I think he could be the first player from the Youth team in years to become a first team regular.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 684 viewsNorthernr

Saw him for the youth team v everton last season and he was almost like a designated kicker that night - anonymous in open play, lethal from every set piece.

Saw him again recently at Woking and Aldershot and he seemed to be maturing into a decent central midfield player, passing the ball well and trying to dictate play. Certainly has promise.
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 10:51 - Aug 3 with 633 viewsbosh67

I've seen him a few times and up front he reminds me of a young Paul Goddard. I agree with Clive though, he's more comfortable just a little deeper but he's a tremendous finisher. A good few learning curve loans and I can se him being included in a season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 10:55 - Aug 3 with 627 viewshoopstilidie

Him, Ehmer and maybe Harriman, might, just might make it.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:08 - Aug 3 with 603 viewsbosh67

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 16:20 - Aug 2 by Neil_SI

I agree, having seen him play a few times.

A decent footballing brain, but a player who needs to be loaned now to a League 2 club to gain valuable experience at professional level. My feeling is that he won't progress much if he stays with the Reserves, but lower down than League 2 may not be of much benefit either.

We saw him play against Aldershot recently. Prior to that, last season when I saw him he seemed to have a decent delivery on him as well, but that wasn't as obvious in the match against Aldershot.

Andrade and Balanta may still get a look in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:11 - Aug 3 with 596 viewsNorthernr

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:08 - Aug 3 by bosh67

Andrade and Balanta may still get a look in.

I highly doubt it.
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:28 - Aug 3 with 570 viewshoopstilidie

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:11 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I highly doubt it.

Agreed. If they were going to they would have done by now I reckon.

Login to get fewer ads

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:28 - Aug 3 with 569 viewsBakes

I know him, He comes from Ruislip and went to school with my sister, a great lad, very talented but....

And it's a BIG but...

He's a Chelsea Fan

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:29 - Aug 3 with 561 viewshoopstilidie

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:28 - Aug 3 by Bakes

I know him, He comes from Ruislip and went to school with my sister, a great lad, very talented but....

And it's a BIG but...

He's a Chelsea Fan

Burn him.

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 549 viewsNorthernr

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:28 - Aug 3 by hoopstilidie

Agreed. If they were going to they would have done by now I reckon.

Certainly the case with Balanta, Andrade is young enough but he's very limited. You've got to have more in your locker than feign to cut inside, actually go outside then try and strip the fullback for pace. Especially if you don't have much pace.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 536 viewshoopstilidie

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:34 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Certainly the case with Balanta, Andrade is young enough but he's very limited. You've got to have more in your locker than feign to cut inside, actually go outside then try and strip the fullback for pace. Especially if you don't have much pace.

Showed the same sort of early promise as German and will go the same way I think. Just not got enough.

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 536 viewsJamie

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:34 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Balanta's new contract was surely with a business eye on getting a fee for him rather than letting him walk away.
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:43 - Aug 3 with 527 viewsparker64

These guys have to get out on loan. They need to be playing competitive football every week for a season even if it's Conference. Not sure if we have a reserve league this season but they'll just have a game now and then and end up as training fodder. When you're that age surely you just want to be playing regular competitive games.
Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:50 - Aug 3 with 504 viewsadhoc_qpr

Frankie Sutherland new 2 year contract on 11:43 - Aug 3 by parker64

These guys have to get out on loan. They need to be playing competitive football every week for a season even if it's Conference. Not sure if we have a reserve league this season but they'll just have a game now and then and end up as training fodder. When you're that age surely you just want to be playing regular competitive games.

The trouble is the guys we send out on loan hardly seem to tear up any trees and return banging on the first team door!

Balanta has had a couple of reasonable seasons at MK Dons but is seemingly no closer to another first team appearance.

Ehmer got mixed reviews from his two spells at Yeovil - last time he was criticized for being a bit of a porker.

I can't see a youth team player genuinely progressing the the first team for a minimum of 5 years despite the new appointments in coaching etc - unless we happen to stumble across a real diamond from nowhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024